PDA

View Full Version : chocolate

Chegzy
23-11--2005, 01:37 PM
im guessing vegans cant eat chocolate, see i was seriously considering becoming a vegan...no cheese eggs or milk is fine
then i realized that chocolate has milk in it (well duuuur) i could not live without chocolate!!!

Atomik
23-11--2005, 02:13 PM
Dark chocloate doesn't have milk in it :thumbup:

Perthite
23-11--2005, 02:47 PM
therer's probably alternatives, if you can make vegan muffins you can make vegan chocolate. come to think it i think i'v ehad vegan chocolate...

Dready Warrior
23-11--2005, 05:43 PM
there was loads of vegan chocolate on offer at the vegan fair, you certainaly dont have to give up chocolate!

random_spontaneosity
23-11--2005, 06:14 PM
i need some vegan cakes. i remember seeing some in the vegan shop, thats what ive renamed it. oneday i will return there when im not so busy anymore. pretty sure i saw chocoalte.... chocoalte milk yes. chocolate everything.

stardust
23-11--2005, 09:02 PM
get a chocolate cookbook, that has lots of receipes for choccie biscuits and cakes. pick the ones that are made of mainly cocoa powder, sugar and marg. substitue marg for soya marg and bingo...... as much vegan chocolate as you can eat and much cheaper than buying it in the shops.

here's a starter for you

1 tablespoon cocoa powder (preferably fairtraded!)
2 tablespoons icing sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 tablespoon soya marg
rice crispies

put all ingriedients into pan except rice crispies. heat gently until everything is melted and syruppy. stir in rice crispies until they only have a thin coating of syrup.

let them cool down for a bit then eat.

these are very yummy and can have things like nuts, raisins and broken biscuits added.

i recently got a chocolate cook book and there are hundreds of ideas for yummy chocolate things that have tasty vegan substitutes.

there are alot of plain vegan choccie bars about. these are deliscious melted over cakes and biccies.

good luck!!!

peace and love
stardust
xxx

random_spontaneosity
23-11--2005, 10:34 PM
my mouth is watering....

Chegzy
24-11--2005, 10:19 AM
yeay, thanx ppl!

Flibbertigibbet
24-11--2005, 08:55 PM
There is loads of vegan chocolate around........grren and blacks dark chocolate os vegan so is fry's cream ......maya gold is nice......

veganbristol
24-11--2005, 10:47 PM
Theres a few different choccies listed here. (http://www.veganfamily.co.uk/chocolate.html#uk);)

Lesa-Marie
24-11--2005, 11:04 PM
Dark chocloate doesn't have milk in it :thumbup:
Is that all dark chocolate? Thats great news :D

Atomik
25-11--2005, 08:36 AM
Is that all dark chocolate? Thats great news :DAs far as I know. I mean the whole point of dark chocolate is that it hasn't got milk in it. Probably worth checking if you're not sure though. I remember from my vegan days that dark bounty bars used to be vegan. Dunno if they still are.

Dapablo
25-11--2005, 03:33 PM
green and blacks dark chocolate

hmmmmmmmmmmmm, please, my favourites. :)

Anyone choose Carob ?

Chegzy
28-11--2005, 11:00 AM
Well im going vegan from today caus' im on a detox anyway so its a good way to start off.
Decided to stop smoking today aswell caus detoxing isnt really worth much if im filling meself with toxins wen i smoke.

I think il try to keep up being a vegan after my detox aswell so thanx for letting me know about the chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!

Claerie
03-12--2005, 11:23 PM
Green and Blacks Maya Gold yummy :D

Paul
04-12--2005, 10:46 PM
As far as I know. I mean the whole point of dark chocolate is that it hasn't got milk in it. Probably worth checking if you're not sure though. I remember from my vegan days that dark bounty bars used to be vegan. Dunno if they still are.
I think bourneville still contains some dairy protein.

Flibbertigibbet
10-12--2005, 11:20 AM
Yes I think Bournville use butterfat

Exedous
05-01--2006, 09:10 AM
Fry's choc isint vegan..:( its in the E numbers....:( If anone knows different, please inform me....

Ghost

Chegzy
05-01--2006, 09:13 AM
yeah but how do i tell if its vegan or not, havnt managed to go vegan yet, im just cutting things out slowly so i adjust better

But say i just went to my corner shop, thered probably not be anything there would there, except from maybe the bounties like dok said