PDA

View Full Version : Festival STRAWBERRY FAIR - CAMBRIDGE

Pages : [1] 2

freecloud
10-01--2007, 07:56 PM
STRAWBERRY FAIR - MIDSUMMER COMMON - CAMBRIDGE

This occurs the first saturday in June every year. Its one day of madness and mayhem in the middle of Cambridge. All kinds of music tents and stages, so many stalls of everything, and people from everywhere - its beside the river too!

I do hope some of you will be there this year and maybe we can meet up.

But best of all its FREE!

www.strawberry-fair.org.uk (http://www.strawberry-fair.org.uk)

:happydanc

JustVictoria
10-01--2007, 08:26 PM
go every year wouldn't miss it!

freecloud
10-01--2007, 08:30 PM
great fun isnt it...my littlun loves it too!

JustVictoria
10-01--2007, 08:36 PM
its the best love it!:wiggle:

drew
10-01--2007, 08:50 PM
Yeah I was hoping to go last year but couldnt make it. Will do my best to be there this year! :D

jo_rhymes
10-01--2007, 08:59 PM
yeah I went last year (dressed as a fairy) hopefully I'll be there again this year! :hug:

spacekitty
10-01--2007, 09:11 PM
is there anywhere to camp or stay nearby ? i may come up with my little girl in the campervan :) xx

spacekitty
10-01--2007, 09:12 PM
bummer same weekend as sunrise festival :(

Athena
10-01--2007, 09:18 PM
I went last year and it was awesome!! Definately go this year! I forgot how early on in the year it actually is!

wow my life passes fast!

Hannah
10-01--2007, 09:35 PM
I went last year and it was awesome!! Definately go this year! I forgot how early on in the year it actually is!

wow my life passes fast!

and you met meeeeeeeeeeee! :D

doubt il go this year though cos il be too far away :(

dreadfil
11-01--2007, 01:02 PM
Used to hitch down every year but havent been for AGES now. Its definitely worth a look...

Dan
11-01--2007, 01:04 PM
how do you get into the sodding website?

dreadfil
11-01--2007, 01:18 PM
how do you get into the sodding website?
I don't think it's ready yet...it is 5 months away after all..

Dan
11-01--2007, 01:20 PM
:( but i wanna go!! oh and my dad mentioned something about a festival around summer solstice near glasto? anyone know anything about that?

dreadfil
11-01--2007, 01:50 PM
:( but i wanna go!! oh and my dad mentioned something about a festival around summer solstice near glasto? anyone know anything about that?
Possibly this ?? http://www.sunrisecelebration.com/home.html
...same weekend as Strawberry Fair Im afraid..

Firinne
13-01--2007, 02:25 AM
I'll be heading up this year too, and wow ... there's someone else in Hitchin! :waves:

joss
13-01--2007, 11:18 AM
I've put it in my diary
I could pick my God kids up and take them for the day (Uncles Joss ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

freecloud
13-01--2007, 12:15 PM
I've put it in my diary
I could pick my God kids up and take them for the day (Uncles Joss ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

oh wicked Joss, we'll have to meet up...............the more kids the merrier!

sensamelia
13-01--2007, 03:04 PM
this looks great if im well enough by then but we would need a place to crash or put up a tent

Chazz
13-01--2007, 04:22 PM
Had a great time when I last went...Had the Foxtail bar in my bus there...a few years back (Shhh 1982 I think it was:whistle:)

freecloud
13-01--2007, 04:28 PM
I THINK THEY STOPPED PEOPLE 'CAMPING' UNLESS THEY'RE STALL HOLDERS OR ENTERTAINERS BUT IT MAY BE WORTH EMAILING THE ADDY ON THE WEBSITE AND ASKING.

joss
26-01--2007, 08:13 PM
I've spoken to my foster Brother and he says the strawberry fairs great and I can stop at his house so I'll be there with my Chav Brother

freecloud
26-01--2007, 08:20 PM
It realy is fab Joss, there is so much going on...........

joss
26-01--2007, 08:25 PM
good I think well have the kids as well so poor Ally will have to put up with his two girls 2 and 3 years old and Me 37 year old poor lad Lol

freecloud
28-01--2007, 05:00 PM
I usually get there early and have a good look round, because its on my doorstep I usually bump into loads of people I've not seen for age, then I head for the main stage and we plant ourselves and chill.

The Original Laney
28-01--2007, 05:18 PM
My love has been asked to play at Strawberry Fair and I think he said yes!!

Minwah is gonna play :eek: Gonna be a reet old good time!!!

Athena
28-01--2007, 05:22 PM
I going it was awesome last year! yay more hippies to meet!

MrAHC
28-01--2007, 06:51 PM
I aint been for years and years. They was quite anti traveler last time I went and sent the police in to stop our sound system. Might go this year or might do Sunrise duno yet.

stormypagan
02-02--2007, 01:24 AM
I used to go every year, for years through most of the 90's up until 2002... and I used to love it as it was a place to catch up with mates that had been on the road, and you hadn't seen for a while!!

The Levellers and ozrics used to play there a lot too..then one year through fear of it getting to big they really calmed the who thing down... and then it lost a lot of its charm as the whole free festi scene changed!!

But never the less still worth going to I am sure..even if it was 2002 that I last went!!

trotterpuss
04-02--2007, 11:46 PM
I used to go every year, for years through most of the 90's up until 2002... and I used to love it as it was a place to catch up with mates that had been on the road, and you hadn't seen for a while!!

The Levellers and ozrics used to play there a lot too..then one year through fear of it getting to big they really calmed the who thing down... and then it lost a lot of its charm as the whole free festi scene changed!!

But never the less still worth going to I am sure..even if it was 2002 that I last went!!
I remember the ozrics headling there about 15 yreas ago. It was absolutely fantastic. I agree, that it has been watered down somewhat in the last few years. The dance tent was stopped at one point.
Still, it's still good. what ohter free festi's of that size still go?
i reckon we'll go this year. The baby will be about 4 weeks old. It's first festi!

joss
05-02--2007, 01:09 AM
I'm like a little Kid I can't wait I want Stawberry fair Now and i've never been before but my foster Brother says its good so I'm looking forward to going and i hope to meet up with as many uk Hippys as Pos there

stormypagan
05-02--2007, 01:56 AM
Still, it's still good. what ohter free festi's of that size still go?
i reckon we'll go this year. The baby will be about 4 weeks old. It's first festi!

Very true... tis still good I am sure and as you say still FREE and we like FREE :D It was my first festi of the season when I was pregnant with my eldest and when he was born it was his first ever festi... and it does hold a lot of great memories too....have a groovy time with your baby :0)

alices wonderland
05-02--2007, 02:02 AM
STRAWBERRY FAIR - MIDSUMMER COMMON - CAMBRIDGE

This occurs the first saturday in June every year. Its one day of madness and mayhem in the middle of Cambridge. All kinds of music tents and stages, so many stalls of everything, and people from everywhere - its beside the river too!

:happydanci I can see a free festival on that field behind your house for ukhippies, freecloud...:reddevil:

freecloud
07-02--2007, 06:39 PM
I believe YOUR field is MUCH bigger, friend Alice!!! :harhar:

alices wonderland
07-02--2007, 07:36 PM
its not the size that matters...... unless you have more than three horses... hippies can't eat all the grass....

gristlebutt
08-02--2007, 12:19 PM
me too . strawberry fair is pretty local to me and i've made it along for the last few years . very easy going place to relax . last year i had a rotten cold and just chilled near the main stage drinking cider . i love getting away to Cambridge all year round too but must get the last train out about 9 pm .

nirvana
10-02--2007, 04:37 PM
strawberry fair sounds good, on what day does it take place, may drive down there with girlfriend.

slightly mad angus
10-02--2007, 04:42 PM

:happydanci I can see a free festival on that field behind your house for ukhippies, freecloud...:reddevil:

nirvana.... a place where threads aren't read... well, not the current page, anyway :)

it is only 1 day - you would certainly want to tie it in with something else to make the travel worthwile...

PuReFiLtH
10-02--2007, 05:05 PM
The baby will be about 4 weeks old. It's first festi!

I'm from those parts and we'll probably be staying with GrAnNy FiLtH this year. I normally miss the last bus and spend the night in a bush or a bin bag. We'll have to be more organised this year.

Emsy
25-02--2007, 08:39 PM
Yup, looks like I'll be Strawberrying this year - any meet-ups planned? as a forum n00b I'd like to know who some of you weird lot are...:harhar:

philanthropy
05-03--2007, 12:07 PM
I'm there, will be going on my lonesome though so hope some of you lot will be there!

JustVictoria
05-03--2007, 12:12 PM
I'm going! I go every year

Emsy
05-03--2007, 02:09 PM
Perhaps we should all go round with big hats on that say "UKHIPPY.COM" so we can all find each other :broc:

freecloud
05-03--2007, 06:50 PM
Well, I'm dead easy to spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joss
05-03--2007, 07:15 PM
I'll be the one with two kids running around acting a Nutter and my foster Brother will be tryyng to look like he don't know us

freecloud
05-03--2007, 07:40 PM
I'll be the one with two kids running around acting a Nutter and my foster Brother will be tryyng to look like he don't know us
Sums you up in one - ay Joss!!!!!!!!!!!:whistle:

joss
05-03--2007, 07:42 PM
Sums you up in one - ay Joss!!!!!!!!!!!:whistle:
yep and i don't care:insane:

HALES
05-03--2007, 07:43 PM
reakon we will be there this year!

freecloud
05-03--2007, 07:46 PM
nice one hales!

joss
05-03--2007, 07:50 PM
If we have a Uk Hippy meet up at Strawberry fair I'll have my Foster Brother with me hes a Chav do you think we can change him?
(for something useful:reddevil: )

freecloud
05-03--2007, 07:53 PM
I'm sure we can 'help' him Joss!.....lol

wondergnome
16-03--2007, 05:00 PM
We should be driving down for the fair from Cardiff - so I have room for one person if they need a lift and crash space. I come from Cambridge and am getting VERY excited - I've not been in 3 years due to other commitments.Let me know by PM if you want a lift

(I say I can offer - the other half who drives can - I'll just be picking tunes!):o

philanthropy
16-03--2007, 05:07 PM
We should be driving down for the fair from Cardiff - so I have room for one person if they need a lift and crash space. I come from Cambridge and am getting VERY excited - I've not been in 3 years due to other commitments.Let me know by PM if you want a lift

(I say I can offer - the other half who drives can - I'll just be picking tunes!):o

Hereford's not far from Cardiff :angel:

Athena
26-03--2007, 04:19 PM
Is anybody offering a place to crash for the night who lives around that area? The only problem with Strawberry fair is that it only lasts one day and i think a lot of last buses are around 8pm, which sucks a bit!

It could be worth opening a new thread to get a list of people going with their contact details etc so its not a complete shambles! i know quite a lot of people went last year but nothing was really organised!

The Original Laney
26-03--2007, 05:30 PM
Me and minwah are staying at a travel lodge there.. they are only 15 a room

drew
26-03--2007, 11:21 PM
Me and minwah are staying at a travel lodge there.. they are only 15 a room

Bargain man! U got a phone number for the travel lodge there? Is it nearish to the site?

The Original Laney
26-03--2007, 11:58 PM
Just go on www.travellodge.co.uk and look up cambridge, they have a few near by and some of them have special offers and some don't.. its all luck :)

Athena
27-03--2007, 12:18 PM
yaaay if we all stay at the same travel lodge it'd be all funky! XD

I'll look it up, Cambridge isn't TOO far from me so I'll leave in the evening if I have to, but I'll stay the night if theres a load of you lot!

The Original Laney
27-03--2007, 12:36 PM
You could always tag a lift if you get to oxford me dear (we'll be going friday night till sunday morning)

Athena
27-03--2007, 12:41 PM
Ah cool, I think I'll be going down with at least two of my friends though so we'll either get the train or a lift so getting there should be fine :)