PDA

View Full Version : Festival Download!!

Sthenno
30-01--2007, 10:05 AM
Woohoo – announcement at 7.30pm today!
If Maiden confirm I’m buying my ticket right now… anyone else coming to rock out?
:rockon:

Kristen
30-01--2007, 01:15 PM
Any idea who else is playing? My friend saw Maiden a few weeks ago and he said they were rubbish (He's seen them about 3 times before, each time proclaiming them the best thing ever).
That said, at a festival, they'd probably stick to the hits...erm, anyway yeah, who else?

Sthenno
30-01--2007, 01:28 PM
Yep, I wanted to go see them on that same tour but heard they were shite. Like you say, think it would be different at a festival though. There’s been no official announcements but Maiden and System of a Down have self confirmed. I think Aerosmith are also rumoured, who I embarrassingly would quite like to see…

Kristen
30-01--2007, 01:41 PM
No way! I heard that System were on a hiatus for a few years. I'd bloody love to see them. Aerosmith eh?! You're not the only one that should be embarrassed....

Sthenno
30-01--2007, 01:52 PM
I thought the same but apparently they self confirmed on a web-chat they were doing…we shall have to wait and see. Saw them there a few years ago… was right near the front when ‘Aerials’ kicked in and a perfectly timed plane from East Midlands airport soared incredibly low right over the stage…. fantastic moment!

epona_greenleaf
30-01--2007, 02:00 PM
Well I was hoping to go but the person I was going with well we are no longer friends :confused:

Kristen
31-01--2007, 10:59 PM
Well, that ain't happening then:

My Chemical Romance will headline on 8 June, with Linkin Park closing the show on the following night
I don't want to offend anyone, so through gritted teeth and with a great effort of will I'll just say "n.nnn..nnn...not....my cup....of....t..t...tea....thanks"

epona_greenleaf
01-02--2007, 01:47 AM
Well i am going down a different track this year and going to Wheaton Aston a local more personal thing! :D

Sthenno
01-02--2007, 09:28 AM
Yep, I was a bit unimpressed by that too but I’m used to this bollocks from the organisers, it’s the same every year. ‘Tis only two out of a hundred bands, and Maiden are headlining the Sunday. Will wait and see what the next few announcements have to say, but I haven’t lost faith yet.

The Original Laney
01-02--2007, 09:33 AM
That is a really disapointing bunch of headliners!!
The past couple of years have been amazing!!
Hopefully the non headliners will be fab

Kristen
01-02--2007, 12:03 PM
Headliners are called that for a reason. They're supposed to draw people in and sum up the whole flavour of the festival. Exactly what kind of people are My Chemical Romance going to be drawing in? Bloody emo's. Children. And Linkin Park were a pop band for goodness sake!

Sthenno
01-02--2007, 12:40 PM
Exactly what kind of people are My Chemical Romance going to be drawing in? Bloody emo's. Children.
As oppose to great old dinosaurs who were there at the birth of metal such as yourself?

Unfortunately the emos are already there en masse, and have been since the festival started. Never ruined it yet. At the end of the day, it’s each to its own. Feeder headlined in 2005, FGS. I don’t like My Chemical Romance, but I don’t give two shits that they’re playing – means something awesome will be on the other stage and I can go mosh without emo kids ‘hardcore dancing’ in my way.

Linkin Park I don’t like either, but they do have a new album out which is apparently a different sound, so I reckon it’s only fair to listen to it before I make a judgement as to whether I want to see them or not.

Kristen
01-02--2007, 03:31 PM
As opposed to great old dinosaurs who were there at the birth of metal such as yourself?

:harhar: Yeah, just like me.

Fair enough, I will wait and see what else is on, but, I still reckon it'll be rubbish.
No doubt these words will soon be eaten as I start whoring myself to afford a ticket, but until that time, let me savour these few moments of emo-bashing, elitist bliss.

Sthenno
01-02--2007, 03:38 PM
I reckon Slayer, Motley Crue and Megadeath will be on there before March is out. And if it’s sold out, I’ll laugh at you, and possibly poke you with a stick.:harhar:

The Original Laney
01-02--2007, 04:29 PM
I thought megadeth played their final gig here already, can't imagine them being on the bill!!
You can always rely on Slayer though.. oh yes!! Love em!

epona_greenleaf
01-02--2007, 04:32 PM

Seen them a few times and they are always good!

Kristen
01-02--2007, 04:36 PM
Never really listened to Slayer that much, but Motley Crue, man, it'd be Cock-Rock paradise!

Sthenno
01-02--2007, 04:40 PM
I thought megadeth played their final gig here already, can't imagine them being on the bill!!
There’s a lot of rumours flying around that they might do it, and they are Download vets. Slayer are always worth seeing too, but I’m looking forward to checking out some of the smaller stages this year and discovering some new bands.

Sthenno
13-02--2007, 09:45 PM
Slayer, Wolfmother, Marilyn Manson and Killswitch Engage... sounding better.

scarlett
13-02--2007, 11:51 PM
Well, that ain't happening then:

I don't want to offend anyone, so through gritted teeth and with a great effort of will I'll just say "n.nnn..nnn...not....my cup....of....t..t...tea....thanks"

my 10 year old has just 'discovered' my chemical romance..i'm turning into an old fart cos i now shout.."turn that bloody noise down":o

frais
14-02--2007, 01:23 AM
ive been to download every year since it started and it's the only festival I've ever been to... although because of the line up this year, I think I'll probably give it a miss and explore something new this time! I'm sure you'll all have a fantastic time though!

Sthenno
14-02--2007, 09:30 AM
my 10 year old has just 'discovered' my chemical romance..i'm turning into an old fart cos i now shout.."turn that bloody noise down":o
Nope, that doesn’t make you an old fart, it just means you have decent taste in music!

Sthenno
14-02--2007, 09:57 AM
ive been to download every year since it started and it's the only festival I've ever been to... although because of the line up this year, I think I'll probably give it a miss and explore something new this time! I'm sure you'll all have a fantastic time though!
Yeah, I know what you mean. To be honest though, I’ve only ever liked one of the headliners every year for the past 3 years, so it’s not much of a change for me. I like going and watching bands I’ve never really heard of, and I enjoy my annual dose of going a bit mental in between all the fluffy happy hippy festivals..!

malika
14-02--2007, 03:18 PM
linkin park is technically classed as grunge not pop
but very mild grunge

Sthenno
14-02--2007, 05:25 PM
linkin park is technically classed as grunge not pop
but very mild grunge

I think I’m getting too old for genre labels, I tend to get a bit lost. Whatever they are they’re not my cup of tea, but it won’t stop me going to the fest as I rarely see the headliners anyways.

treejumper
14-02--2007, 06:30 PM
I thought the same but apparently they self confirmed on a web-chat they were doing…we shall have to wait and see. Saw them there a few years ago… was right near the front when ‘Aerials’ kicked in and a perfectly timed plane from East Midlands airport soared incredibly low right over the stage…. fantastic moment!

i remember that well:D

ive been the past 2 years and loved it both times despite it being an oven last time.
although the headliner on friday is a let down this year...........

Sthenno
15-02--2007, 09:36 AM
i remember that well:D

ive been the past 2 years and loved it both times despite it being an oven last time.
although the headliner on friday is a let down this year...........

I agree, I just hope they put something damn good on the other stage… remember Billy Idol when Feeder was playing the main stage?!
:D

treejumper
15-02--2007, 02:31 PM
sadly no mate, i was bopin around to feeder with a huge grin on my face

Sthenno
15-02--2007, 02:48 PM
sadly no mate, i was bopin around to feeder with a huge grin on my face
Ah well, least someone watched ‘em!
:harhar:

Benijuana
24-02--2007, 08:43 PM
i've heard ratm are doing a renuited gig if so, it will be the best download ever

Sthenno
26-02--2007, 09:56 AM
Rage would be awesome, but aren’t they playing the Carling fests *shudder* this year?

Sthenno
07-03--2007, 04:35 PM
Motley Crue!!!
:D
Happy now!

epona_greenleaf
07-03--2007, 05:02 PM
So jealous :(