PDA

View Full Version : Veggie cheats banoffi pie, fairy style!

JustVictoria
30-01--2007, 08:31 PM
cant pretend this is good for you in any way but at least it contains fruit I suppose:
not good with amounts so they are guestimates,

Banoffi pie

1/2 large pack digestives (Hob nobs or ginger nuts also work)
about 3 oz (75g) of melted butter or margerine
(or if you are feeling lazy buy a pastry case of flan case)
3 or 4 bananas depending on size
1 300g tub of light philadelphea or other light soft cheese
1 similar size tub of double or whipping cream
toffee or butterscotch sauce (either bought or made)
vanilla essence
cinnamon

crush biscuits to fine crumbs, blend with butter/marge, press into a flan tin, or similar large tin about 8in is the size I normally use, and refrigerate.
whip cream in bowl, then soften cheese in another bowl, and add cream to it folding in bit by bit until combined. Add a pinch of cinammon and a teaspoon of vanilla essence.
slice bananas over the biscuit base, pour on a thin layer of toffee sauce, cover with cream mixture making sure no bananas are sticking out or they go black! them drizzle toffee sauce on top, and swirl around with a fork to look pretty! refrigerate for as long as you can bear then enjoy!

amheirgin
30-01--2007, 08:41 PM
I'll try that tomorrow as the kids are over till the weekend and doin sod all else during the day. Sounds great.

JustVictoria
30-01--2007, 08:54 PM
tis yum!

Whirler
30-01--2007, 11:47 PM
:faint:

Coyote
31-01--2007, 09:01 AM
Su su su sug sug sug gar gar gar gar!!! :eek:

:drunk:

sensamelia
31-01--2007, 09:26 AM
sounds good but my lot would be hyper for a month off that lot

JustVictoria
31-01--2007, 09:36 AM
just in case you all think I'm a big pig sugar junkie, I probably make this about once a year! and I don't actually like sweet stuff that much, my brother is allergic to chocolate so always looking for alternatives to birthday cake, it really is a special occasion pudding! i've realised that when entertaining though people are really impressed with homemade puds, I'm really more of a crumble girl!

dragonz
31-01--2007, 09:44 AM
:drunk:

that smiley is a fair impression of you after banoffee pie LOL

scarlett
31-01--2007, 10:04 AM
wait till you see him after chocolate chaos:eek:

dragonz
31-01--2007, 10:17 AM
I can imagine :eek: it was bad enough after a slice of banoffee pie and fizzy pop!

Coyote
31-01--2007, 10:25 AM
:panic:

dragonz
31-01--2007, 10:28 AM
be afraid be very afraid

amheirgin
31-01--2007, 07:56 PM
Well that was bloody lovely, think I need to leave it in the fridge a bit longer though next time. Kids loved it too, though one only has a small appetite so there was more for me

:hug:

Looking forward to you puttin somemore of the alternatives on here.

JustVictoria
31-01--2007, 08:28 PM
Well that was bloody lovely, think I need to leave it in the fridge a bit longer though next time. Kids loved it too, though one only has a small appetite so there was more for me

:hug:

Looking forward to you puttin somemore of the alternatives on here.

glad u liked it! it,s pretty big! the men in my house have big appetites though so went down well, will post more soon

amheirgin
31-01--2007, 08:37 PM
I've got to eat for Britan at the moment as has three operations in last two years and can't stop loosing weight.

One of my girls on a diet (don't know why) and other just doesn't eat much, son is like me and can just eat (that might change though as he's just started drinking).