PDA

View Full Version : Dance Therapy course with Laban

littlesausage
12-02--2007, 10:44 AM
Dance therapy course with Laban
Ok I hope it's ok to post this here. I'm currently studying a diploma in dance therapy, it's based in Devon at the Phoenix arts centre in Exeter.

They are looking for more students and I was wondering if anybody here would be interested?

This course isn't accredited but it gives you the basic grounding and support to go on and work as a dance therapist with different client groups.

The workshops are directed by Adrian Atkins, a proffessional choreographer based in London. He has worked as a professional dancer and choreographer in the west end shows and now works as a teacher and therapist.

The association have been been offering training in the use of Dance and Movement as therapy in community settings since 1964 and have awarded a Basic level diploma to a large number of students both in and outside the NHS. Many have come from abroad. They have also presented training programmes in Belgium, Austrailia (where the director of studies: Denise Puttock pioneered dance therapy for children after the war, and upon returning to England founded the Association) and St. petersbburg Russia.

If you would like to find out some more details about the course or would like to ask any questions ... please feel free to pm me or alternatively you can contact the association directly on : 01803 314366

The course itself is not expensive and can be done at your own pace as a distance learning course.

There are complimentary classes where you can build your skills, once a month.

There is one student who travels up from Brighton for these!!!

maddy
21-02--2007, 02:10 AM
its a shame i live so far away
that would have been a good corse to go on
:(

aarghapanda
24-02--2007, 07:16 PM
Do you have to be able to dance?

ecomamma
01-03--2007, 11:56 PM
Dance therapy course with Laban
Ok I hope it's ok to post this here. I'm currently studying a diploma in dance therapy, it's based in Devon at the Phoenix arts centre in Exeter.

They are looking for more students and I was wondering if anybody here would be interested?

This course isn't accredited but it gives you the basic grounding and support to go on and work as a dance therapist with different client groups.

The workshops are directed by Adrian Atkins, a proffessional choreographer based in London. He has worked as a professional dancer and choreographer in the west end shows and now works as a teacher and therapist.

The association have been been offering training in the use of Dance and Movement as therapy in community settings since 1964 and have awarded a Basic level diploma to a large number of students both in and outside the NHS. Many have come from abroad. They have also presented training programmes in Belgium, Austrailia (where the director of studies: Denise Puttock pioneered dance therapy for children after the war, and upon returning to England founded the Association) and St. petersbburg Russia.

If you would like to find out some more details about the course or would like to ask any questions ... please feel free to pm me or alternatively you can contact the association directly on : 01803 314366

The course itself is not expensive and can be done at your own pace as a distance learning course.

There are complimentary classes where you can build your skills, once a month.

There is one student who travels up from Brighton for these!!!

Blimey thats dedication....i maybe interested if they wanted to share fuel costs....