PDA

View Full Version : Protest Info What activism have you done after March the 8th 2007

hempsto
08-03--2007, 03:16 PM
This is linked to the thread 'what activism have you done before March the 8th 2007' and is focusing on more recent activism that we have done. As said in the other thread, activism comes in many shapes and forms what this forum is interested in is the physical activism that you have done after the 8th of March 2007. Wel come;

Little Mouse
08-03--2007, 03:19 PM
Just a point, but if people have been involved in direct action which has led to arrests and potentially court cases (even if not for themselves but for others) then talking about it on an open forum isn't a good idea. You're told to give a 'no comment' interview for a reason ... I think this is a very bad idea.

hempsto
11-03--2007, 08:17 PM
Good point perhaps legitimate activism is what this thread should be devoted to

Bodhisurfer
11-03--2007, 08:27 PM
For over a week now we've been using rain water and old bath water to flush our toilets with -thats a hell of a lot of water, really makes you think.:cool:

And i sowed my cabbage and brussel sprout seeds in the raised bed that i built from recycled materials (old beds as it happened):D

Greener than a bogey in winter -thats us:D

hempsto
12-03--2007, 02:19 PM
Werhay first new piece of recorded activism since the 8th of march in this thread. Go Shibari.surfer! Although hardly ground breaking but small is beautiful I guess, this weekend I chalked a piece of road saying 'Green Revolution' with the symbol next to it which looks a bit like the peace sign, a G and an R overlapping each other. Go Green Revolution!

Lyns
13-03--2007, 11:41 AM
i ran an art workshop on friday which was encouraging people to think about social justice related topics and provided information about amnesty, stop the war, no sweat, go green etc. we created lots of art work with social justice messages on them.

on friday night i ran an amnesty stall at a talk with a man who'd been on death row, with amnesty and reprieve.

we then held a party that night for uni. students with '60 second sermons' about ravious campaigns running at uni. we also displayed the art work created earlier that day and had an information stand.

since then...nothing!

lesley-gnome
13-03--2007, 01:20 PM
Since the 8th I have written a number of articles and short pieces about activism in the 60s and 70s, and given a sum of money to the Snuff Nanny campaign.
Its been too cold for anything else, with me arthritis.
Dunno if its activism, but have also helped me pal to home a youth who was having a bad time, while waiting for the council to house him, started off a number of native apple trees, avoided paying tax for another year,started going to the compost heap to pee, got Bodge and Bumble the builders to insulate and dryline an whole wall, ranted and raved at a whole range of radio programmes, made a number of nice meals and provided other comforts for a green party candidate.
What I have failed to do since the 8th (although planned to do) get the old industrial treadle sewing machine fixed so that I can send it off to help start a third world shoemaking project, dug over the broad bean patch, gone up the ladder to fix the down pipe to run into a second water butt, because of me bad arm., made an appointmentwith a doctor because of my bad arm, done my community service, because of a bad arm, or been as active as I would wish.
I am really quiet ashamed of myself and promise to do better, but did I mention I have a bad arm.