PDA

View Full Version : UK News Geldoff to be Tory advisor on 'third-world' poverty..cough.

Zonk
28-12--2005, 10:53 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4563258.stm

I am recovering from choking on my cornflakes...not sure why really.

Is it the new and cunning efforts the Tory's are going to to get re-elected?

Or is it Geldoff's inability to grasp the concept of actually making a difference?

Perhaps Geldoff, who recently had a salad named after him (pronounced Geldaaawwwwffff), just can't help himself and is going for sainthood?

Your thoughts people, your thoughts.;)

Hic.

Atomik
28-12--2005, 10:59 AM
It's the Tories. It's Geldof. I'm having a hard time caring.

Zonk
28-12--2005, 11:12 AM
It's the Tories. It's Geldof. I'm having a hard time caring.

It is your duty as an Englishman!!:mad:

:p

Dapablo
28-12--2005, 02:32 PM
Perhaps we could all sympathies with his stated objectives, then again we could realise his ignorance, someone needs to chuck a bucket of water over him.

matthew
28-12--2005, 03:45 PM
Perhaps we could all sympathies with his stated objectives, then again we could realise his ignorance, someone needs to chuck a bucket of water over him.

Why is he ignorant and why the bucket of water [or is that the punishment for being ignorant ?]

I guess it depends if you agree with the whole 'MAKE POVERTY HISTORY' Campaign..and are happy with the results at G8.. It seems bob is not entirely satisfied yet so:

He told BBC News 24: "I don't care who I have to go to to try to make this agenda work."

and if Mr Camerons Globalisation and Global Poverty group..is going to achieve anything of any great significance.

TheFly
29-12--2005, 12:09 AM
I think one of Geldof's strentghs (and you could also argue one of his greatest weaknesses) is that he doesn't give a shit about who he has to talk to in order to get what he wants... I suppose he is foreseeing a time when New Labour will lose power to the Tories and wants to ensure that anything he has achieved isn't fucked up by them...

I wish he would do more swearing though...

Fly...

Exedous
29-12--2005, 02:00 AM
I am deeply moved, and horribily suspicious, so much so, that at the exact approaching of dawn, i shall buy a gun, and rid us, of this demented little parasite!!!

He does no more good, for decent society, than to swan around telling US, good honest, hard working people, what WE should do with our...{cue irish accent}...ahem..."fucking money..!!!"

Well Geldof, take your journey up your own arse a little further, and for the good of the planet, stay up there.

Ghost

Dapablo
29-12--2005, 02:41 AM
Why is he ignorant and why the bucket of water [or is that the punishment for being ignorant ?]

Just no truck with Tories mate, be they dark or pale blue. :)

matthew
29-12--2005, 04:25 PM
Just no truck with Tories mate, be they dark or pale blue. :)

At the moment me neither to be honest..but i have to agree with TheFly.

He does no more good, for decent society, than to swan around telling US, good honest, hard working people, what WE should do with our...{cue irish accent}...ahem..."fucking money..!!!"

Well Geldof, take your journey up your own arse a little further, and for the good of the planet, stay up there.

Ghost

Thankfully it is not about ...{cue irish accent}...ahem..."fucking money..!!!" [giving] ..this time around.
It is about policy and debt eradication.. wich i think Bob and Co.. had a small little part in achieving over the months prior and post G8 ?.

Anusha
29-12--2005, 06:46 PM
My initial gut reaction was the same as Doks...add to that the article mentioned Peter Lilley.. God i've had some 'disagreements' with that man...

but then i looked a little closer...I dont really care of which political persuasion you are..if any...and I also dont care if youre the biggest tosser in show business.. at the end of the day..personal agendas dont count for much flak off me if youre doing something worthwhile... like it or not this man IS in a position to have some input here on a far greater scale than you or i could...

Zonk
29-12--2005, 11:00 PM
like it or not this man IS in a position to have some input here on a far greater scale than you or i could...

If that’s the case were all fucked.

Maybe I’ll check back with you in another….oh…..say….twenty years?:whistle:

;)

Boy Anachronism
30-12--2005, 03:16 AM
Bob who?

matthew
30-12--2005, 04:31 PM
Bob who?

Bob the builder.. who else !!... You must have heard of that chap?... Small dude.. Much loved in the community.:)

Whirler
31-12--2005, 01:04 PM
Bob the builder.. who else !!... You must have heard of that chap?... Small dude.. Much loved in the community.:)But can he fix it? :eek:

matthew
31-12--2005, 03:30 PM
But can he fix it? :eek:

This is the biggest job he has undertaken.. i dunno. Call me in 10 years.

stormypagan
31-12--2005, 04:39 PM
I have to say I hate the tories as much as anyone hehehe!! But old Bobby Boy never confessed to be an anarchist with his beliefs, so it don't surprise me that he has taken this route!! By any means possible I suspect he believes BUT if he thinks he can trust the Tory bastards then he has got another thing coming!! If they get back into power, then old Sir Bobby Boy will get dropped like a stone, shoved to the sidelines and LAW and ORDER will become the flavour of the day again... with more concern for property than people :(

DON'T TRUST the POLITICIANS Mr Geldof they will fuck you over in the end!!

Atomik
31-12--2005, 07:49 PM
Oh, I reckon Bob's harmless in his own way. I'm sure he believes in what he's doing and is sincere, so he deserves credit for that. I doubt the Tories will end world poverty, but I guess Bob's just trying to point them in the right direction. Does that make him a hypocrite? No more than the rest of us I suppose. I just can't seem to work up enough interest to really care either way.

TheFly
01-01--2006, 02:03 PM
I don't know if anybody saw the documentary that was on about the making of the Live8 concerts... very interesting stuff... and very apparant that Geldof doesn't give a shit about the general niceties of politeness and good behaviour providing he gets the result that he wants... remember this is the man who took Thatcher on and got what he wanted out of her... and he is very aware that this issue is now firmly in the hands of the politicians... it was Geldof who got the Commission For Africa started... but he is also very aware that politicians will only do what they can barely get away with... and when the results of the Commission failed to ignite the relevant political moves, he then decided that the only possible route was to create sizable public pressure across the G8 nations... and the only way to achieve this was to recreate the Live Aid phenomenon...

Watching this documentary last night certainly showed that he must be a complete cunt to work with... the arguments and tantrums were a wonder to behold... but I also believe that he is very sincere about this issue and that he will do everything possible within his power of influence to find solutions to the problems in Africa...

And let's be honest here... if Geldof wasn't being a loudmouth annoying bastard, does anybody really think that anybody in this country would give a monkey's fucking muff about poverty in Africa?... does anybody think it would even be a part of any G8 discussion let alone to the extent of promises being publicly made about aid and debt cancellation?... of course not... people are inherantly selfish fuckwits and are only concerned with things that directly effect them... education and health and economy and price of fucking petrol... people would not even raise an eyebrow about the problems facing African nations were it not for Geldof acting like a fucking shit...

At the end of the day, has Geldof made a difference?...

Fly...

matthew
01-01--2006, 03:44 PM
At the end of the day, has Geldof made a difference?...

Fly...

Yes..

And let's be honest here... if Geldof wasn't being a loudmouth annoying bastard, does anybody really think that anybody in this country would give a monkey's fucking muff about poverty in Africa?... does anybody think it would even be a part of any G8 discussion let alone to the extent of promises being publicly made about aid and debt cancellation?... of course not...

'Africa' was on the agenda anyway..has been for quite a No. of years.. poor ol' bob made it present in the general publics cloudy eyes..

TheFly
01-01--2006, 07:51 PM
'Africa' was on the agenda anyway..has been for quite a No. of years.. poor ol' bob made it present in the general publics cloudy eyes..

Yup... but again... Blair has openly admitted to being part of the Live Aid generation... he watched it... it made him want to do something about the situation in Africa when he found himself in a sufficient position of power to influence decisions...

Fly...

matthew
01-01--2006, 07:55 PM
Yup... but again... Blair has openly admitted to being part of the Live Aid generation... he watched it... it made him want to do something about the situation in Africa when he found himself in a sufficient position of power to influence decisions...

Fly...

See.. bobs had a influence :angel:

TheFly
01-01--2006, 11:53 PM
See.. bobs had a influence :angel:

Sorry to go off topic... but for one moment I could swear you had posted Boobs have an influence...:whistle:

I'm getting too old...

Fly...

monkey monkey
04-01--2006, 12:30 PM
Though Mr Geldof annoys me whenever I hear him speak, apart from on 'Grumpy Old Men' when I quite liked him, I do appreciate the work he is trying to do. A lot of people seem to find the idea of him going to the Tories a bit wierd, but I'm sure the party would listen to him.

It's true that when they were in power, there was lots and lots of protests and marches happening constantly, but at least we weren't getting arrested under anti-terrorism laws whenever we did it. I've been 'removed' twice uncer these laws now, one was for being outside at an arms fair (whose the real terrorist?).

I'm not saying Tories are great - I have equal disdain for all political parties. Thos who wish to rule, should not rule. I'm just saying that Bob should be allowed to speak to whoever he wants, as should we all.

***peace***

Atomik
04-01--2006, 12:38 PM
It's true that when they were in power, there was lots and lots of protests and marches happening constantly, but at least we weren't getting arrested under anti-terrorism laws whenever we did it.No, we were just getting the shit kicked out of us by the police, Criminal Justice Act introduced, etc etc etc....

monkey monkey
04-01--2006, 12:42 PM
No, we were just getting the shit kicked out of us by the police, Criminal Justice Act introduced, etc etc etc....

Fair point - I always ran away from stuff like that. But then, I don't like fights.

Zonk
04-01--2006, 01:22 PM
Though Mr Geldof annoys me whenever I hear him speak, apart from on 'Grumpy Old Men' when I quite liked him, I do appreciate the work he is trying to do. A lot of people seem to find the idea of him going to the Tories a bit wierd, but I'm sure the party would listen to him.

It's true that when they were in power, there was lots and lots of protests and marches happening constantly, but at least we weren't getting arrested under anti-terrorism laws whenever we did it. I've been 'removed' twice uncer these laws now, one was for being outside at an arms fair (whose the real terrorist?).

I'm not saying Tories are great - I have equal disdain for all political parties. Thos who wish to rule, should not rule. I'm just saying that Bob should be allowed to speak to whoever he wants, as should we all.

***peace***

You're 29 yet you seem to be under the illusion the tories are somehow less shite than Labour?

Can I remind you that the majority of the new police powers that Labour have brought in were originally thought up by the tories? It's part of legislation Thatcher could only dream of getting through.

And in terms of Geldof and 'the work he is trying to do...' I love the Make Poverty History campaign advert about a child dying of poverty
every three seconds. And the Make Poverty History campaign are happy to work towards halving third world poverty by 2015.

How many clicks of the fingers every three seconds is that?

I don't know about you but I find that fucking appauling.

Geldof is firmlly a member of the establishment now, which I might remind you is a capitalist one, and as such, has little interest in ridding the planet of poverty....especially as we are so close to the oil running out.

To believe otherwise I'm afraid is pure naivete.

As is putting your faith in a distant timescale which is unlikely to prove effective.

Geldof should be demanding fucking justice now! He should've broken through the barricades and encouraged others to fuck off the G8 where ever they meet.

But he won't....coz he's a cock, who enjoys the wining/whining and dinning with the worlds elite.

;)

matthew
04-01--2006, 01:30 PM
Geldof should be demanding fucking justice now! He should've broken through the barricades and encouraged others to fuck off the G8 where ever they meet.

But he won't....coz he's a cock, who enjoys the wining/whining and dinning with the worlds elite.

;)

He DID demand justice now.. and got quite a bit .. far more than ramming the G8 with anti capitalism bullshit..

So africa should abandon capitalism ..because some hippys feel like it is ''Evil''... sure that seems like a wonderful idea.:frust:

Zonk
04-01--2006, 01:34 PM
He DID demand justice now.. and got quite a bit .. far more than ramming the G8 with anti capitalism bullshit..

So africa should abandon capitalism ..because some hippys feel like it is ''Evil''... sure that seems like a wonderful idea.:frust:

What justice did he get Matthew?

Most 'hippys' as far as I can tell wouldn't know a 'capitalist' from a Kaftan, so your rant is shite. ;)

matthew
04-01--2006, 01:41 PM
[quote=Zonk]What justice did he get Matthew?

I said he demanded Justice NOW.. the G8s response is the justice ..you may not think so ?... i appreciate it was more than one person.. it was MILLIONS..

Most 'hippys' as far as I can tell wouldn't know a 'capitalist' from a Kaftan, so your rant is shite. ;)

Me rant.. ?.. Never.
I don't think it matters how they view it.. thats what it has on the placards.
I am sure you have a better understanding of it.. why should Africa NOT celebrate capitalism ?.

Zonk
04-01--2006, 01:49 PM
[quote]

I said he demanded Justice NOW.. the G8s response is the justice ..you may not think so ?... i appreciate it was more than one person.. it was MILLIONS..

Me rant.. ?.. Never.
I don't think it matters how they view it.. thats what it has on the placards.
I am sure you have a better understanding of it.. why should Africa NOT celebrate capitalism ?.

Oh yes I see. The G8's response to Geldof and his liberal mutterings has been overwhelming hasn't it.... More like a piss in the preverbial ocean!

I'm not going to tell Africa or anywhere else why they should or should not 'celebrate' capitalism.

But if i were......poverty and injustice spring to mind :rolleyes:

matthew
04-01--2006, 02:11 PM
Oh yes I see. The G8's response to Geldof and his liberal mutterings has been overwhelming hasn't it.... More like a piss in the preverbial ocean!

Overwhelming probably a overstatement.. best action in decades ... yeah.

I'm not going to tell Africa or anywhere else why they should or should not 'celebrate' capitalism.

But if i were......poverty and injustice spring to mind :rolleyes:

If not capitalism.. what else..? self suffiency..? no economic growth..? ending in back to poverty....

Atomik
04-01--2006, 02:14 PM
If not capitalism.. what else..? self suffiency..? no economic growth..? ending in back to poverty....Since when does zero economic growth equal poverty? By that logic, the whole world would be continuously poor unless it kept on expanding and expanding its production. Economic growth is only GDP, after all.

Zonk
04-01--2006, 02:42 PM
Overwhelming probably a overstatement.. best action in decades ... yeah.

If not capitalism.. what else..? self suffiency..? no economic growth..? ending in back to poverty....

I don't really and didn't want to debate whose 'ism/schism' is better as it's all a load of hypothetical toss and a waste of finger power.

Your 'free market' has the world by the balls for the forseeable future and has been and will be the cause of a multitude of crying mothers.

Suffice to say that a bullett for all the Arms Dealers, Industrialists, World Bankers and the seizure of all assetts with the immeadiate redistribution of their wealth among the poor and needy would be a desirable way forward.

But I didn't sleep well last night so that would have to do for the time being....:p

monkey monkey
04-01--2006, 02:49 PM
You're 29 yet you seem to be under the illusion the tories are somehow less shite than Labour?

I am under no illusions. I do not believe that the Tories are better or worse than Labour. I said 'I have equal disdain for ALL parties'.

All I was saying about were my experiences under the Governments, I have no doubt that yours were/are much different to mine, but that's why I didn't say YOUR thoughts, but mine.

I believe that there are no parties who can give everyone what they need.

When you say that Geldoff should be breaking through the barriers now, why should it be him? Shouldn't it be all of us?

matthew
04-01--2006, 02:50 PM
I don't really and didn't want to debate whose 'ism/schism' is better as it's all a load of hypothetical toss and a waste of finger power.

Your 'free market' has the world by the balls for the forseeable future and has been and will be the cause of a multitude of crying mothers.

Suffice to say that a bullett for all the Arms Dealers, Industrialists, World Bankers and the seizure of all assetts with the immeadiate redistribution of their wealth among the poor and needy would be a desirable way forward.

But I didn't sleep well last night so that would have to do for the time being....:p

Sorry.. i never wanted a debate about it either..just asking.

Sleep..?.. whats that ?.

Lynney
04-01--2006, 02:50 PM
I know what you mean, it seems as though he is getting just a little too friendly with the politicians - that's exactly what they want; Geldoff eating out of their hands. I know he isn't always like that, but it concerns me when I see pictures of him hugging the PM! Surely, politicians should be kept reasonably at arms length as they're not to be trusted as far as I'm concernded.

The whole Gordon Brown consent of the Gleneeagles march all those months ago was especially worrying as obviously they aren't REALLY going to be happy about it!

What do you all think? Please don't think I'm dismissing Geldoff's efforts as I'm not, I think he's a very interesting and good person, he just gives me concerns when he's not ranting and raving!!

Much love,
Lynne x

Zonk
04-01--2006, 02:51 PM
When you say that Geldoff should be breaking through the barriers now, why should it be him? Shouldn't it be all of us?

Naturally.

But he/she who puts themsleves up on a peddle-'stool' should lead from the front don't you think?:)

Lynney
04-01--2006, 03:27 PM
Yes indeedly, I totally agree. Rob Newman is an excellent person to see live if you're interested in this sorta thing? No mercy will be had with this chappy! I reckon we should make him PM!

x

matthew
04-01--2006, 06:30 PM
Since when does zero economic growth equal poverty? By that logic, the whole world would be continuously poor unless it kept on expanding and expanding its production. Economic growth is only GDP, after all.

Capitalism and mercantilism are they only two economic theories that have been tried on a large scale that actually worked.

I picked one.

Atomik
04-01--2006, 06:43 PM
Capitalism and mercantilism are they only two economic theories that have been tried on a large scale that actually worked.

I picked one.Define 'worked'. Coz capitalism doesn't look like it's working by my definition.

matthew
04-01--2006, 07:07 PM
Define 'worked'. Coz capitalism doesn't look like it's working by my definition.

When was the last time a famine occurred in any capitalist nation ?.

Atomik
04-01--2006, 07:11 PM
When was the last time a famine occurred in any capitalist nation ?.Which nations do you consider to be capitalist nations?

matthew
04-01--2006, 07:24 PM
Which nations do you consider to be capitalist nations?

I suppose none are pure capitalist nations

I would not include Africa

Any that have had a industrial revolution i suppose.

Atomik
04-01--2006, 07:56 PM
I suppose none are pure capitalist nations

I would not include Africa

Any that have had a industrial revolution i suppose.I suspect that the nations that you'd define as capitalist are the same ones who're importing the majority of their food from non-capitalist nations. Which means it's hardly surprising that they don't suffer from famines.

matthew
04-01--2006, 08:22 PM
I suspect that the nations that you'd define as capitalist are the same ones who're importing the majority of their food from non-capitalist nations. Which means it's hardly surprising that they don't suffer from famines.

Unfair trade is still capitalism at work.. Thats why fair/free trade is important...and why we as richer more developed capitalist nations should help those countrys we probably have been screwing over for many years. They still need [free/fair] trade to help further the economy, wich i think is part of capitalism.

When we are all freely and fairly trading with each other thats when capitalism will win.

One small snag.. not all countries wish for a capitalist economys.. so things will never be perfect as such..

If not capitalism .. what else ?.

I can see it being a bit screwed up with subsidies.. rebates CAPs and all that jazz.. but What else man What else ? :eek: .

Atomik
04-01--2006, 08:27 PM
Unfair trade is still capitalism at work.That's why I asked you to define 'working'. 'Working' to me doesn't involve screwing over everyone who gets in your way.

When we are all freely and fairly trading with each other thats when capitalism will win. I doubt it. Capitalism depends on a pyramid of exploitation. Someone has to lose out for someone else to gain.

If not capitalism .. what else ?.That's the million dollar question. I'd love to see a better model, but I think they all depend on human nature being more altruistic than it currently is.

matthew
04-01--2006, 09:01 PM
That's why I asked you to define 'working'. 'Working' to me doesn't involve screwing over everyone who gets in your way.

Times have changed .... Why is there countless negotiations around the world as we speak.. it is not to do with getting rid of capitalism is it.. Even those we deem exploited , have a seat at the table [finally].

I doubt it. Capitalism depends on a pyramid of exploitation. Someone has to lose out for someone else to gain.

It is not capitalism that exploits it those who use it wrong and exploit.

That's the million dollar question. I'd love to see a better model, but I think they all depend on human nature being more altruistic than it currently is.

Come on... you can't dismiss one and not have even a sniff at a alternative... ?.:(

Atomik
04-01--2006, 09:05 PM
Times have changed .... Why is there countless negotiations around the world as we speak.. it is not to do with getting rid of capitalism is it.. Even those we deem exploited , have a seat at the table [finaly].No. Those ruling these countries want their seat at the table alright. It's not them that's suffering - it's their people.

It is not capitalism that exploits it those who use it wrong and exploit. But it is capitalism that exploits. You want cheap goods, someone has to supply those cheap goods. If everyone was as wealthy as the west, no more cheap goods. No more wealthy west.

Come on... you can't dismiss one and not have even a sniff at a alternative... ?.:(Why not? Part of the problem with this world is that everyone's convinced that they're right and that they know what's best. I'd rather be honest and admit that just because I know the right questions to ask, it doesn't mean I have all the answers. If there was an easy alternative to capitalism, we'd be there already. I think capitalism is an expression of human nature more than a political system.

matthew
04-01--2006, 09:20 PM
No. Those ruling these countries want their seat at the table alright. It's not them that's suffering - it's their people.

This is true.. but that assumes that these countrys have bad leaders, who do not wish the best for there people. Not always the case.

But it is capitalism that exploits. You want cheap goods, someone has to supply those cheap goods. If everyone was as wealthy as the west, no more cheap goods.

If we are buying ''cheap goods'' are we not providing work and finance to that economy. Some of those same countries that once made ''cheap goods'' have gone on to become world players [china for one].. Now we are in awe of those countries and wish to export our goods the opposite way. Now we are being exploted for our markets.. next it will be India.

No more wealthy west.

No thank XXX.. lets hope it balaces out to a wealthy world.

Why not? Part of the problem with this world is that everyone's convinced that they're right and that they know what's best. I'd rather be honest and admit that just because I know the right questions to ask, it doesn't mean I have all the answers. If there was an easy alternative to capitalism, we'd be there already. I think capitalism is an expression of human nature more than a political system.

You don't have to be right.. heavens i don't think i am .. but ya' gotta give it a go.

Atomik
04-01--2006, 09:28 PM
This is true.. but that assumes that these countrys have bad leaders, who do not wish the best for there people. Not always the case.I disagree. But that's a matter of opinion.

If we are buying ''cheap goods'' are we not providing work and finance to that economy.If I offer my nan 10p and a packet of polo mints for letting me fuck her up the arse, I'm providing her with work and financing the economy. So you see without considering the relative reward and wider ethics, your statement is meaningless.

Some of those same countries that once made ''cheap goods'' have gone on to become world players [china for one]China's a world player purely due to having an insanely large population. Most of which, you'll note, are still peasants.

Now we are being exploted for our markets.. next it will be India.And why do you think Western governments are so worried about this? Because they know that profit doesn't come without loss. We lose, they gain.

You don't have to be right.. heavens i don't think i am .. but ya' gotta give it a go.I don't see a healthier way of running the world that has any chance of success. I think we'll have to fuck it up a lot more before we can start getting it right.

matthew
04-01--2006, 09:37 PM
If I offer my nan 10p and a packet of polo mints for letting me fuck her up the arse, I'm providing her with work and financing the economy. So you see without considering the relative reward and wider ethics, your statement is meaningless.

Put every person back on the land and have a isolationist mentality.. and see that country fail. Put every person productively working in the citys.. supporting each other .. that country will rise . With wealth comes social responsibility so i think at the point it is no longer required .. you can stop paying your gran 10p and a packet of polo mints.

China's a world player purely due to having an insanely large population. Most of which, you'll note, are still peasants.

Cnina is a relatively new emerging world economy after years of keeping it's self to it's self.. of course many are still peasants.. just like this country at a certain period. We are no longer a peasant society are we ?.

And why do you think Western governments are so worried about this? Because they know that profit doesn't come without loss. We lose, they gain.

Thats why we need to talk and not remove them from the equation like we may have in the past. It's a time of mutual beneficiality.

I don't see a healthier way of running the world that has any chance of success. I think we'll have to fuck it up a lot more before we can start getting it right.

I guess we are in a transision of some kind .

Atomik
04-01--2006, 09:40 PM
Put every person back on the land and have a isolationist mentality.. and see that country fail. Put every person productively working in the citys.. supporting each other .. that country will rise . And where are they going to get their food and raw materials once everyone's working in the cities?

Cnina is a relatively new emerging world economy after years of keeping it's self to it's self.. of course many are still peasants..The vast majority, actually.

matthew
04-01--2006, 09:49 PM
[quote=Doktor Atomik]And where are they going to get their food and raw materials once everyone's working in the cities?

The same way we do

Free/fair trade from countries that wish to trade...Not everybody is going to flock to the citys ofcourse. The country won't be a few hundred miles to 'civilisation' it will be a stones throw away.

I just meant citys are required..
:o

The vast majority, actually.

I appreciate that.. It will take longer for that country to blossom i admit.
It will though eventualy.. for the majority not the minority.

scarlett
04-01--2006, 10:49 PM
what can i say that hasn't already been said:frust:
they'll have boris johnson as shadow minister for higher education next:eek:
oh dear.......
:D a quote from the man himself...

"I would recommend my latest best-seller Seventy Two Virgins as a cure to anyone who finds books hard to finish."

Exedous
15-03--2006, 03:11 AM
1000's of people flock to concerts, put on by M.P.H, they buy, ?T shirts, Baseball caps, badges, arm bands, all of which a large majority, were made in sweat shops...!!!

...tell me again, how that will "make poverty history" ??

I watched 100'sof people travel in coaches, up to edinburgh, just to wear white Tshits...All the money generated from all that travel, could have been put to a better use. I hardly see Shell or BP, giving 10p out of the pound, that all those M.P.H folk gave, to help the starving millions.

Dates and deadlines..{2015 ect} are all spin to keep everyone happy...its an impossible task, when we in the west, are contributing towards, global poverty ourselves!!!

...and again i ask..........??

:patch: