PDA

View Full Version : community challenges

Danni
22-04--2007, 10:02 PM
(i actually have no idea where to put this...)

next year i plan on doing a community challenge (raising sponsorship for a charity then jetting off abroad,currently to south africa, to build homes for poor people or something similar) however the only one i've managed to find only lasts 9 days..

i have a brochure somewhere else about a similar thing but its working in like a nature reserve, and that lasts from 2 to 6 weeks or possibly longer

id rather do something that lasts longer than 9 days, as il have finished school and well..chances are when im there i wont want to come home! but i think itd be great to help build homes or schools for poorer people

has anyone else done anything like this or know of any good companys to go through or anything?

xXxXx

elfqueenofrohan
22-04--2007, 10:06 PM
there are TRILLIONS. depends where u wanna go!!! theres some to every/anywhere.. i found some which are 4 months are whatver
i can find you a link if you like
but theyre expensive
i know people whove gone off for a month to places in africa to work with kids in orphanages and stuuf and building schools etc

but they say it's often easy enough to just fly out there and help people.. without going with a comany etc!! but then thts only if you hv experiance abroad i guess. and i wudnt advocate it alone!

i hope tht made sense :cool:

Danni
22-04--2007, 10:09 PM
ha yea it did thanks
well its just something to do inbetween finishing school and going to uni..rather than taking a full year out cus i dont think id have the money for full on round the world travel yet (as id like to)
a link would be great if you could thanks :D
i think builiding stuff would be fun..africa sounds great..but there used to be one in mexico..so if you happen to know of that thatd be awesome (its just somewhere i HAVE to go!)
nah wouldnt go solely on my own..my mum might even join me on it..but if she doesnt id feel much better with a company or something

elfqueenofrohan
22-04--2007, 10:23 PM
this is quite gd i think...

http://www.gap.org.uk/

greenforce.org was really good but it doesnt seem to be working atm i dunno if thts just my computer though :eek:

I did have a whole list of ones, ill hv a mooch to see if i can find it

Danni
23-04--2007, 08:56 PM
thats awesome..thanks alot!
and yea it does seem to be working :D

Athena
23-04--2007, 08:57 PM
Build a home for me if you want:whistle:

Danni
23-04--2007, 09:42 PM
i found the PERFECT trip on greenforce...waiting on a brochure but it sounds amazing!
thank you so much!

elfqueenofrohan
23-04--2007, 10:49 PM
YAY!! which one are you gonna do?
i wanna do the diving.... *drools*

Danni
24-04--2007, 02:09 PM
its the one on ecuador...including 3weeks doing conservation in the amazon *explodes with excitement*

elfqueenofrohan
24-04--2007, 04:55 PM
yay! when are you gonna go?

Danni
24-04--2007, 08:31 PM
hopefully next summer after my exams...waiting for a brochure to make sure its all go ahead..then il book it :D
only downside is il have to do lots of overtime at work..and gwd i hate my job