PDA

View Full Version : Vegan vegan cream

elfqueenofrohan
17-06--2007, 02:39 PM
well i think ive been vegan long enough now to make a contribution here!!

i've had massive problems trying to find vegan cream - there's a few health food shops round here but only one of them sells cheese (just cheezly nothing else!) and i can't find cream anywhere!!
so i decided to try make some and it turned out quite well i was surprised.

What you need:

- half pint soya milk (or rice milk)
- couple tablespoons of cornflour
- couple of ounces of vegan butter (Pure) or margarine

What you do:

mix milk and flour together and boil them at same time until you get creamy paste.
let it cool
cream the butter (which is easy with pure as it's soft already) and then mix it in

I didn't mix mine in properly so it was a bit lumpy :rolleyes: but it still tasted nice :D

can also add vanilla essence or even chocolate for flavouring :D

Jule9
17-06--2007, 02:48 PM
Have you tried Alpro's Soya Dream? I have seen it in Tesco. It's a pouring "cream" like Carnation:D

Thanks for the recipe hun:)

JustVictoria
17-06--2007, 03:23 PM
you can thicken 'cream' by adding grated coconut cream to it as well which is yummy,

elfqueenofrohan
17-06--2007, 03:28 PM
Have you tried Alpro's Soya Dream? I have seen it in Tesco. It's a pouring "cream" like Carnation:D

no?! the tesco near me is rubbish but i'll ask when i'm next there.

i've heard you can get vegan whipped cream in a spray can too, but I fear it may only be a myth :(

John
17-06--2007, 03:37 PM
i've heard you can get vegan whipped cream in a spray can too, but I fear it may only be a myth :(Hmm, I typed "vegan spray cream" into google and this (http://www.veganstore.co.uk/soyatoo_cream.html) was the first thing I found. There is probably loads though...

Just out of interest, what distinguishes your vegan cream from a cold white sauce? Or is it the same? :)

elfqueenofrohan
17-06--2007, 03:40 PM
Hmm, I typed "vegan spray cream" into google and this (http://www.veganstore.co.uk/soyatoo_cream.html) was the first thing I found. There is probably loads though...

Just out of interest, what distinguishes your vegan cream from a cold white sauce? Or is it the same? :)

oh wow!!!!! that's not bad priced. ^_^
i don't wanna get into habit of buying food off internet though.

and ummm i don't know is the answer to your question.

but it tastes nice with strawberries i know that :D

starpoi
17-06--2007, 04:44 PM
That is what I was thinking

Tescos is rubbish for dairy free stuff. Sainsbury's and Asda seem to carry a much better range. You can get the soya cream at both of those and most HFSs.

Jule9
17-06--2007, 05:21 PM
Tescos is rubbish for dairy free stuff.

Maybe your local one is but online I can get So Good, Alpro and loads of other soya milks, Pure, Alpro chocolate/ caramel/ vanilla soya dessert(like custard), Soya Dream (as I have said) and Yofu vegan yoghurts.

Maybe it is worth asking them...

I find the Asda near us to be like your Tesco.

starpoi
17-06--2007, 05:26 PM
Wierd, you would think they would all carry a similar product range across the country.