PDA

View Full Version : dark chocolate bounty bars

stardust
07-01--2006, 06:02 PM
i have been very proud of myself, sticking to my vegan diet for a whole 8 days now.

earlier on today i was munching my way through a dark chocolate bounty bar after being informed on here that they were ok. i sat idly reading through the ingriedients when i came to dried skimmed milk.

i figure breaking my resolution accidentaly doesn't count, as i din't eat the rest of it, but i just thought i would warn you all to check for yourself if something is vegan and not rely soley on what other people say, as we are all human and make mistakes, and things can change. it is mostly my own fault for not checking before eating.

disclaimer - i'm not posting this to have a go at our beloved mod for lying and making me break my new years resolution!!!!!(grrrrrr)

peace and love
stardust
xxx

stormypagan
07-01--2006, 06:16 PM
Don't beat yourself up about it Stardust, we all make mistakes... many years ago some vegans did eat them but the thing is they have never been vegan!! But in those days the ingrediants weren't as clear as it is now!! If you want a delicious feast then try one of these..

http://www.veganstore.co.uk/dark_choc_coconut_bar.html

or marzipan bars which are sold in health food shops which are my fav hehehe:D

This is a good link for all your vegan delights ...

http://www.veganvillage.co.uk/

HAPPY MUNCHING !!!:D :) :D

Atomik
07-01--2006, 07:42 PM
*shrug*

It's a guiding principle, not a religion. I've accidently eaten gelatine before now, and y'know what? I don't really care. The sky didn't fall in. The ground didn't open up and swallow me. I didn't hear the screams of murdered little lambs ringing in my ears. Life went on. I wouldn't do it on purpose, but accidents happen and they don't really bother me.

Anyway, dark choccy bounty bars were certainly considered vegan back in my day. Dunno if they changed the ingredients or just listed them better. But either way, I've not been vegan for over a decade and I sure ain't vegan now, so you shouldn't have let your chocolate craving overcome your principles and stop you from checking the ingredients for yourself. Lezzer :harhar:

Flibbertigibbet
07-01--2006, 08:12 PM
You can get your choccie vegan cravigns by eating grren and blacks maya gold, plain or cherry dark chocolate or by eatign fry,s cream ........good luck with your vegan quest :D

stardust
07-01--2006, 11:04 PM
i ain't that worried. i've eaten all sorts of animal products by mistake during the last 12 years of being veggie. i'm sure this was just the first of many non-vegan things i'll accidentally eat.

i wasn't having a go. i just posted to say i made a mistake and warning others so maybe they wont make it aswell.

peace and love
stardust
xxx

Atomik
08-01--2006, 01:07 AM
i wasn't having a go.I know, muppet :harhar:

stardust
08-01--2006, 01:11 AM
I know, muppet :harhar:

actually i was being nice!! what i meant was it's all your fault you evil bastard, you MADE me break my new years resolution (on purpose!!)