PDA

View Full Version : a doggy dilemma...

Anusha
09-01--2006, 09:18 PM
Kobi... for those of you that dont know is my rescue Great Dane cross puppy..and right now she has a problem... its her girly time of the year and her hormones are all over the place... shes ultra affectionate and clingy and doesnt have a lot of energy so i'm guessing shes feeling pretty shitty... has anyone heard of any natural herbal remedies that are safe for use on dogs?

Whirler
09-01--2006, 10:49 PM
Erm, sex? :eek: :harhar:

wiggy
10-01--2006, 12:49 PM
Yeah lol sex - i really dont know what you could try - maybe think of it as like when it is your time what do you want to do or crave. And maybe try and figure out what she is craving!!!! somehow

Anusha
10-01--2006, 01:01 PM
one Kobi in the world is enough...half a dozen little Kobi's....:eek:

wiggy
10-01--2006, 01:13 PM
Can you find a dog who has had the snip who is up for it - so to speak lol

Anusha
10-01--2006, 01:36 PM
Can you find a dog who has had the snip who is up for it - so to speak lol

do they still do that when they have had the snip?... to be honest i was thinking more along the lines of valium to take her mind off it...:)

wiggy
10-01--2006, 02:52 PM
well if she is that bad you should be able to get something from the vets to calm her down but i dont think thats a good idea - just because it wont be her natural behaviour at all - she will be totally out of it. What about getting her snipped? that would sort the hormones out as well

Sunny
10-01--2006, 03:18 PM
Have you thought of spaying her? How old is she? There are herbal remedies that are good for dogs, but i can't think of them off to top of my head, i'll make it my homework to find out. :)
Sunny
xxx

Sunny
10-01--2006, 06:08 PM
Is she really manic at the moment? You could try a very small dose of valeriun. It is really calming and is really good to give to dogs around fireworks to calm them down if they're scared. Seriously though, a small dose is all that's needed usually. In adult dogs you can give three drops three times daily, but she's quite young isn't she? I definately wouldn't give that much.

Love,
Sunny
xxx

Sunny
10-01--2006, 06:12 PM
Just found this website: http://www.holisticpetsupplies.co.uk (http://www.holisticpetsupplies.co.uk)

That sells valerian compound.

Love
Sunny
xxx

Dapablo
13-01--2006, 11:52 AM
Completely off the wall.
Instead of all the potions, would a doggy dildo work ?

Anusha
13-01--2006, 06:06 PM
Completely off the wall.
Instead of all the potions, would a doggy dildo work ?

:eek: and whos going to help her with that...:vomit:

Anusha
13-01--2006, 06:11 PM
Just found this website: http://www.holisticpetsupplies.co.uk (http://www.holisticpetsupplies.co.uk)

That sells valerian compound.

Love
Sunny
xxx

Thanks for the link and all the info Sunny :) ... shes comming out of it now and seems to be happier... she wasnt going crazy..she had no energy and u just wasnt herself at all...and so clingy...more so than usual...although shes still bleeding poor thing...

Shes booked in to be spayed in March...its her first season and they wont do it untill shes halfway inbetween seasons..I cant let her go through that again for anything...

Sunny
13-01--2006, 09:42 PM
I'm glad you're getting her spayed :) :). It does make a big difference usually.

Hope all is good,
Sunny
xxx

Whirler
13-01--2006, 10:37 PM
My mum's dog has been spayed but she goes through a phantom pregnancy each year, she even gets milk! She likes to carry a specific ball around with her like it's her baby(the dog not my mum!)......very strange......

stormypagan
13-01--2006, 10:53 PM
Well done Pabsy for taking the decision to spay Kobi - bless her!! She will be a happier girl. I remember Moon's and Isha's first time of the month or several months in a dogs case, and they were very uncomfortable with it all, swollen and bleeding bless them, and Isha kept having phantom pregnancies until she was spayed. They were a lot happier after it all :)

Anusha
13-01--2006, 11:17 PM
My mum's dog has been spayed but she goes through a phantom pregnancy each year, she even gets milk! She likes to carry a specific ball around with her like it's her baby(the dog not my mum!)......very strange......

was she spayed as a young dog?...

Whirler
14-01--2006, 10:20 AM
was she spayed as a young dog?...I don't know how old she was but she did go through her first season before being spayed.