PDA

View Full Version : Apes in danger

wiggy
10-01--2006, 12:21 PM
This week at 7.00 on bbc1 they are doing a few programmes i watched it last night and it was mainly about the different groups chimps and apes live in and how they react with each other and thing - which was very interesting.
It said that on bbc2 there was another show about Orang-utan's which are basically in danger because people keep going after palm oil.
Other animals such as apes, chimps are of course in danger as well - but thats mainly hunting etc - there is a few charitys set up which have educated the locals into not hunting them but using other animals instead.

All they need is 2 million pound to make the forest better!!!! but it wont be very good to people if they are giving money to monkeys but not helping the people!!!! so i dont think there is anything set up to help them.

www.bbc.co.uk/nature (http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature)

thats the link which might show a bit of info xxx Hazel

Anusha
10-01--2006, 01:08 PM
This week at 7.00 on bbc1 they are doing a few programmes i watched it last night and it was mainly about the different groups chimps and apes live in and how they react with each other and thing - which was very interesting.
It said that on bbc2 there was another show about Orang-utan's which are basically in danger because people keep going after palm oil.
Other animals such as apes, chimps are of course in danger as well - but thats mainly hunting etc - there is a few charitys set up which have educated the locals into not hunting them but using other animals instead.

All they need is 2 million pound to make the forest better!!!! but it wont be very good to people if they are giving money to monkeys but not helping the people!!!! so i dont think there is anything set up to help them.

www.bbc.co.uk.nature (http://www.bbc.co.uk.nature)

thats the link which might show a bit of info xxx Hazel

is it on every night this week wiggy?

wiggy
10-01--2006, 01:11 PM
Yeah there are different parts on - but yep tonight at 7 i think on bbc1 - its really good and hopefully people will be aware of whats happening in this 'world'

Sunny
10-01--2006, 03:00 PM
It's chimp week until friday :). I can't watch it cause of no tv, but will read up more about the issues. Palm oil is such a big industry, it is quite a weighty threat to the forests i think... It is really good though that they're doing chimp week, hopefully it'll raise some awareness about the problems. I'm glad it's on national tv as well and not just sky.

Love,
Sunny
xxx

wiggy
10-01--2006, 03:07 PM
Yeah i am to - im totally amazed with monkeys, apes, orangs etc so im glad its on - im glad they are raising this issue as well - i just hope that people listen because it is serious. I dont think people know how much palm oil is in things like cosmetics, marg, other house hold products - its really quite sad

Whirler
10-01--2006, 06:50 PM
I dont think people know how much palm oil is in things like cosmetics, marg, other house hold products - its really quite sadMargerine and peanut butter are the 2 biggies that I'm aware of in my diet.

Lozi
10-01--2006, 08:37 PM
oo is that the programme with frodo and freud and and gremlin and her twins and stuff? it's really good telly.....like an animal soap with much more fun onscreen fights. monkeys are very silly especcially the males with their big hairy balls and apathetic manhood

wiggy
10-01--2006, 08:42 PM
Yep thats the one - but the one with apes in danger is on bbc2 at 8 but i missed it today ;(

Lozi
11-01--2006, 01:34 AM
THE ONE THAT WAS BEFORE 8....OOPS CAPS SPRRY......
gh ammfakefkea

eeg

eg

gffggfgefeaef

monkey...ape....big balls...that was my point