PDA

View Full Version : diabolo poi staff juggling devil stick

dred
15-08--2007, 05:57 PM
i used to go to a juggling club in brixton years ago and havent been for ages. i was in oddballs in camden on sun and asked if it was still runnin, anyway they said it shut down ages ago and i was like - no way so was thinking how about setting one up maybe once or twice a month outdoors in summer indoors in winter in london. the peeps at oddballs are up for helping ( i think) may be we could do a bit of music at same time like a small system or a bit of druming or didge? any body intrested in either coming or helping set it up? its nothing definate yet just at the idea stage but depending on feedback weather it happens!:D take it easy

starpoi
15-08--2007, 06:03 PM
You should check out the events and gatherings section of HomeofPoi.com, there are regular meets in London I think :) Easier than arranging your own!

edit: yep

http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/115744/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

http://www.myspace.com/spinningatspitz

BlessedBe
15-08--2007, 06:04 PM
i think it sounds like a great idea! if i was nearer i would really be up for it! i think people need more things like this because its energetic and fun! keep us updated and good luck wiv it!

Danni
15-08--2007, 09:03 PM
do it in northampton/leicester..then i can come :D

gingernut
15-08--2007, 09:18 PM
I'm moving to London in Sep, and would love to go to any groups that involve poi/hippy people! Spesh if it was out of doors and we could do fire! Keep me posted, and let me know if I can help if you do start a new one :)

Dazy
16-08--2007, 07:40 AM
there is a unicycling and juggling club in billingham (north-east england) which is pretty cool. if you rang up roger at unicycle.com then he could maybe help you set up another one...maybe
:)

jimbowizbo
16-08--2007, 06:23 PM
This isn't helpful but if anyone is in Manchester you should come to our juggling society meetings every wednesday 8)

jo_rhymes
17-08--2007, 08:30 AM
devkev runs Spitz on Tuesday nights. He's lovely and so are all the spinners :)

(Spitalfields market)

dred
17-08--2007, 10:41 PM
jo do u know if they do diabloe and devil stick aswell at spitz?

starpoi
17-08--2007, 11:47 PM
jo do u know if they do diabloe and devil stick aswell at spitz?
I know I'm not Jo but...
Yes they do, really rather well!

Skully
18-08--2007, 07:57 AM
Spitz isn't running at the moment... well not in the market anyway, because it's being refurbished. They are meeting up... well I'll let you read it for yourself so you can keep up today with the news HERE (http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Board/UBB5/Number/115744/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/33)

DevKev is indeed a most fantabulous man. I love him and his lovely lady Claire to bits!

Cloudy
18-08--2007, 01:20 PM
If I was in your kneck of the woods I'd love to help. It's been a while since I went to a juggling club or convention but I was a very keen juggler once. I managed to get up to 5 balls and I can do devil stick quite well and a bit of diablo and also unicycling. I liked the clubs best and got up to 4 and used to do alot of club passing and a bit of club swinging as well as fire juggling. Never done poi or staff though, but I did attempt contact juggling but found that it really took some concentration. Anyway, good luck with it!

dred
18-08--2007, 08:23 PM
cheers people hopefully meet up with some of ya soon then!

balbalblue
18-09--2007, 10:34 AM
This might be a bit of topic, but if anyone is looking for somewhere to learn juggling or do a bit of juggling with others...can I suggest you check out your local University? Most Uni's have a Juggling Club. Although they're supposed to be for students only, if you're a sociable sort of person and fairly interested in juggling, they're unlikly to turn you away.

My son needed somewhere to keep his juggling skills fresh out of season so he goes to the Exeter University Juggling Club. They were quite happy to let him go there last year, even though he was only 14...mind you, he doesn't behave like a silly kid.

balbalblue
18-09--2007, 10:40 AM
Would anyone be interested in instructions on how to build a fire staff?

Good ones cost 40 upwards. But you can build your own just as good for about 10-12...

If anyone's interested I could post a set of ' Build your own firestaff ' instructions here...