PDA

View Full Version : F*k buddies...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Anusha
15-01--2006, 12:05 PM
Interesting topic for a Sunday morning...says something about my Saturday night...:eek:

Background :- Had a great night out last night 3 girls met 3 guys...:)

now i only have 2 bedrooms... both of which were taken up by my mates... i wont go into details...:whistle: i talked all night by the fire..it was good...but i just couldn't...you know..that...but the conversation came round to f*k buddies... now you can know someone too well for that...my best mate is a fella and weve spent many nights arguing the pros and cons..and getting nowhere... last night with a stranger i had no intention of...but....

Question :- Have any of you tried it?....can it work?... ok hormones running wild here...:eek: any thoughts welcome...?

wiggy
15-01--2006, 12:17 PM
Hell yeah....

I have no idea where i woulkd be without my fuk buddy - its good at times when you are out and gagging for it - make one phone call and away you go LOL.

And as long as you make a pack not to get to involved, and to stop when one of you gets in a real relationship - then its normally all fine.

I lost my fuck buddie - i miss him lol - i must find a new one.:sex:

josh
15-01--2006, 12:20 PM
I've tried it, it doesn't really work.
Neither has it for anyone I've known.

Ultimately, it will become messy as one of you will develop feelings for the other person. This really does tend to happen even if you have no real enjoyment of the partners personality but just through having sex, a bond will start to develop. Even if that doesn't happen, there will come a time when one of you wants sex and the other doesn't and then paranoia will develop as to 'why doesn't that person want to shag me anymore?' and it gets unstable.
Then also, there's the awkwardness that results from not knowing if you're now going to have sex everytime you meet up or when? And the guy will usualy want it more than the woman (i.e. every time) and the woman may soon become fed up of it.

Having said all that, I've heard of it working although never for a long period of time.

Firinne
15-01--2006, 12:24 PM
It's something I'd never considered, but I gave it a try last year and it worked really well. I don't think you necessarily have to avoid bonding with that person or caring about them, you can forge those bonds as friendship and the sex can be an expression of that friendship in just the same way as it can for love, sometimes that's even better when love's something that sends you into a tailspin for whatever reason, you can learn to open up and share without all of the Scary Stuff (tm).

Anusha
15-01--2006, 12:27 PM
I've tried it, it doesn't really work.
Neither has it for anyone I've known.

Ultimately, it will become messy as one of you will develop feelings for the other person. This really does tend to happen even if you have no real enjoyment of the partners personality but just through having sex, a bond will start to develop. Even if that doesn't happen, there will come a time when one of you wants sex and the other doesn't and then paranoia will develop as to 'why doesn't that person want to shag me anymore?' and it gets unstable.
Then also, there's the awkwardness that results from not knowing if you're now going to have sex everytime you meet up or when? And the guy will usualy want it more than the woman (i.e. every time) and the woman may soon become fed up of it.

Having said all that, I've heard of it working although never for a long period of time.

i prefer wiggy's answer..:insane: ... i dont know..where do you find a healthy balance if you dont want to be in a happy ever after but still have a moral code to live by...difficult one..

this red/brown forum is so not a sexy colour..whats going on...eek

The Original Laney
15-01--2006, 01:21 PM
I think the whole fuck buddy thing is bad news..

Feelings happen...

Well I think so anyways

Anusha
15-01--2006, 01:32 PM
I think the whole fuck buddy thing is bad news..

Feelings happen...

Well I think so anyways

but you can control feelings..yes?... i'm undecided...i think it could work but i'm open to views from both sides....

Anusha
15-01--2006, 01:34 PM
Hell yeah....

I have no idea where i woulkd be without my fuk buddy - its good at times when you are out and gagging for it - make one phone call and away you go LOL.

And as long as you make a pack not to get to involved, and to stop when one of you gets in a real relationship - then its normally all fine.

I lost my fuck buddie - i miss him lol - i must find a new one.:sex:

so how did you get past the friend bit to f*k buddy bit?..

Atomik
15-01--2006, 01:34 PM
If you're able to divorce your emotions from sex to the extent that you can sleep with someone with whom you have no emotional connection and without any feelings developing, then you have issues. Fuck-buddies are a disaster waiting to happen and the biggest exercise in self-delusion that you'll ever witness.

Anusha
15-01--2006, 01:38 PM
If you're able to divorce your emotions from sex to the extent that you can sleep with someone with whom you have no emotional connection and without any feelings developing, then you have issues. Fuck-buddies are a disaster waiting to happen and the biggest exercise in self-delusion that you'll ever witness.

but supposing you already have a deep emotional commitment on another level...just the closest of friends... would it ruin the friendship..or enhance it to turn mates into f*k buddies...???

wiggy
15-01--2006, 01:46 PM
well even now we are still friends and always will be - i think with me and my one there will always be a little spark between us. And how we got passed it was wierd it was him who suggested it and went from there lolx

Firinne
15-01--2006, 01:54 PM
but supposing you already have a deep emotional commitment on another level...just the closest of friends... would it ruin the friendship..or enhance it to turn mates into f*k buddies...???

I think for it to work at all you have to have that emotional commitment there, but because you can never be 100% that something's going to work out if you do take it to another level you do risk the friendship, and you can never tell for sure whether having a sexual relationship will enhance the friendship or completely destroy it.
Even when you're emotionally bonding as friends there's a potential for hurt, misunderstanding and all the nasties that come with any form of human relationship and sex definitely intensifies those risks.

Boy Anachronism
15-01--2006, 02:02 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this!

The whole idea of it leaves me very cold, even the term "fuck buddy" makes me feel kinda....I dunno, sad I guess.

The Original Laney
15-01--2006, 02:03 PM
I will always think it's a bad idea!!

I can't really explain my thoughts.. just that you can't shag someone without feelings growing!!

My thoughts anyways

Boy Anachronism
15-01--2006, 02:13 PM
My thoughts aren't that you CAN'T shag someone without feelings growing, rather that you SHOULDN'T.

wiggy
15-01--2006, 02:16 PM
But what if it was with a friend? there is already feeling there - like with my friend we are still really good mates nothing has changed with us which is good - i think if it was a stranger then it would be different - but with a friend they are already special

Atomik
15-01--2006, 02:17 PM
Which makes it even worse. You're taking risks with the feelings of someone who you're meant to care for. The chances of someone getting hurt are way too high. Plus, if you're having regular sex with someone you like and have feelings for.... ummmm... isn't that like.... y'know.... a relationship?

wiggy
15-01--2006, 02:21 PM
Yeah i surpose it is a relationship as such but i think the phrase fuk buddy is alot easier than a relationship - if you know what i mean.

Its kind of wierd to explain though - ahh i dunno its sunday - i dont like to think on a sunday lol

Firinne
15-01--2006, 02:30 PM
Which makes it even worse. You're taking risks with the feelings of someone who you're meant to care for. The chances of someone getting hurt are way too high. Plus, if you're having regular sex with someone you like and have feelings for.... ummmm... isn't that like.... y'know.... a relationship?

I think sometimes it serves as a middle ground between feelings and commitment, a way of exploring (or sometimes just expressing) feelings but without the issues that come hand in hand with the idea of "relationship" for a lot of people. If there's fragile feelings involved sometimes the slow, free approach can prepare the path for a relationship, and sometimes it's just a case of admitting those feelings are there but either you or the other person aren't ready to take the next step and going as far as you both feel comfortable.

Of course sometimes it's just a shag, but I can't do the emotionless sex thing so I've no idea how well it works/doesn't work or what purpose it serves apart from avoidance of intimacy, which isn't healthy IMO.

Atomik
15-01--2006, 02:36 PM
Which kinda gives the lie to the notion of fuck-buddies as easy, uncomplicated sex on tap though, dunnit? Which I think was my point! :D

Firinne
15-01--2006, 02:39 PM
Which kinda gives the lie to the notion of fuck-buddies as easy, uncomplicated sex on tap though, dunnit? Which I think was my point! :D

It does, but that doesn't mean you have to admit to relationship ;)

Paul
15-01--2006, 03:07 PM
I'm more likely to have a one night stand or short term fling than a "fuck buddy" because I can see the potential for problems.

If I don't want to get emotionally involved and I notice the other person getting attached I usually want to run a mile.

Atomik
15-01--2006, 03:21 PM
If I don't want to get emotionally involved and I notice the other person getting attached I usually want to run a mile.:loveu:

Firinne
15-01--2006, 03:24 PM
:loveu:

LMAO!

Anusha
15-01--2006, 04:22 PM

No Dok..i don't think you are... i always used to think it was the shallowist sort of 'relationship'...now i'm begining to think it might be one of the deepest...

to even enter suxh a relaionship you have to have some form of commitment and know the person inside out...after all you are trusting them with something very special...if you agree from the outset to forego the emotional demands that a traditional relationship brings then what you are left with is something beautiful and uncomplicated...I'm not sure where hurt would ever come into it?... what you get is someone who cares about you...knows you inside out and is happy that you are where you are in your head and doesnt put pressure on you.... ok so maybe you miss out on some of the excitement that is the start of any relationship..however short or long that might be....but its replaced by something deeper and more controllable..yes?

Sunny
15-01--2006, 04:23 PM
:loveu:

Hehehe^^

I was in what could be called a 'fuck buddy relationship' for a while at college. Me and her were good friends, but not really close friends... We spent a lot of break times and lunch times being kind of passionate together (:o ), then we'd spend lectures exchanging crude looks across the classrooms..... The strange relationship we had went of for most of college, being just very flirty when we were each in serious relationships with other people, and then very physical too when we were either not going out with anybody, or in our phase of 'seeing people' i suppose...
I wouldn't have called her a fuck buddy, more somebody i was 'seeing'... But where do you draw the line? We were really good friends, and we were open about everything (that's something i think is really important in these sort of relationships) and about anybody else we were seeing.
It did go really well, but then, as with what most of the people have said on here, it did turn a bit sour in the end. She started to like my ex girlfriend, and I got upset at her for coming over to stay, only to dump her things and go off with Kaz... Hmm, so no, that didn't turn out great :eek:.

I think it's hard to make relationships like that revert just to a friendship too sometimes. Me and her still text, phone and talk on msn loads... But I'm scared of meeting her to be honest, because i know we'd both probably act like we always have together... hmm...

Love,
Sunny
xxx

Dapablo
15-01--2006, 04:27 PM
There must be situations and people for whom it can work.

Maybe in our more individualistic society more people are able to live a life without a typical two person live-in relationship. Perhaps the concept could become a new model for society wherein you dont have to make vows forever but are free to enjoy each others company as negotiated.

Not sure the animal can deal with it though.

Atomik
15-01--2006, 04:29 PM
No Dok..i don't think you are... i always used to think it was the shallowist sort of 'relationship'...now i'm begining to think it might be one of the deepest...Sop the term 'fuck buddy' in that context is a misnomer. You're not talking about a fuck-buddy - you're talking about a relationship. You can call a cat a dog, but it's still a cat.

...if you agree from the outset to forego the emotional demands that a traditional relationship brings then what you are left with is something beautiful and uncomplicated...No, you're left with a lie. The 'emotional demands' of a traditional relationship arise from the nature of the beast. Not because people simply choose to take them on board for the hell of it. If you think you can enter into any form of relationship and just leave your 'emotional demands' at the door, you're living in fantasy land. Which is, strangely enough, the reason I've seen so many 'fuck buddy' relationships end in teatrs.

I'm not sure where hurt would ever come into it?... Two people involved in an intimate sexual relationship? I have absolutely no idea! :whistle:

what you get is someone who cares about you...knows you inside out and is happy that you are where you are in your head and doesnt put pressure on you.... ok so maybe you miss out on some of the excitement that is the start of any relationship..however short or long that might be....but its replaced by something deeper and more controllable..yes?No, you're describing a fantasy. This is exactly what people would want/expect from a normal relationship.... but life ain't like that. People are too complex. If you think you can avoid all those problems just by calling a dog a cat and hoping it doesn't bark, you're kidding yourself.

Paul
15-01--2006, 04:40 PM
It would be great to have friends who we could just have sex with when we feel like it, with no commitment and no risk to the friendship.

It just doesn't very often work like that. The friend has to be more like a 'casual acquaintance' ... anything closer than that is a recipe for either a relationship or a disaster. One partner often wants that little bit more and will sometimes kid themselves that they don't.

If you can see someone regularly, sleep with them,, and then have no problems with them sleeping with anyone else, whenever they choose to, and still be happy for them to come back to you for more ... then go for it.

... but in my experience, it takes a very specific set of circumstances, a lot of understanding, and no emotional attachment whatsoever for that to work out. As soon as any closeness rears its head then things usually change.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but you both really have to be on the right wavelength.

Anusha
15-01--2006, 04:54 PM
Sop the term 'fuck buddy' in that context is a misnomer. You're not talking about a fuck-buddy - you're talking about a relationship. You can call a cat a dog, but it's still a cat.

No, you're left with a lie. The 'emotional demands' of a traditional relationship arise from the nature of the beast. Not because people simply choose to take them on board for the hell of it. If you think you can enter into any form of relationship and just leave your 'emotional demands' at the door, you're living in fantasy land. Which is, strangely enough, the reason I've seen so many 'fuck buddy' relationships end in teatrs.

Two people involved in an intimate sexual relationship? I have absolutely no idea! :whistle:

No, you're describing a fantasy. This is exactly what people would want/expect from a normal relationship.... but life ain't like that. People are too complex. If you think you can avoid all those problems just by calling a dog a cat and hoping it doesn't bark, you're kidding yourself.

ouch...youre so hard on me Dok.... i'm exploring avenues here and was happily talking myself into this one...:rolleyes: ... starting over when you only know what you dont want and have no idea about what you do want is daunting enough....you start playing with the idea of one night stands...no go... then a fling...but theres no pre-defined boundaries on that one.... so f*k buddies with someone you'd trust your life with has got to be a possibility worth exploring.... i dont agree its a relationship in the usual sense of the word... its maybe a transitional period....out there in the real world without risking making a huge mistake and ensuring you dont get hurt along the way... wheres that fantasy land.... it has to work or we wouldnt even have the term f*k buddy would we...

Anusha
15-01--2006, 05:02 PM
It just doesn't very often work like that. The friend has to be more like a 'casual acquaintance' ... anything closer than that is a recipe for either a relationship or a disaster. One partner often wants that little bit more and will sometimes kid themselves that they don't.

If you can see someone regularly, sleep with them,, and then have no problems with them sleeping with anyone else, whenever they choose to, and still be happy for them to come back to you for more ... then go for it.

... but in my experience, it takes a very specific set of circumstances, a lot of understanding, and no emotional attachment whatsoever for that to work out. As soon as any closeness rears its head then things usually change.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but you both really have to be on the right wavelength.

I dont agree at all Paul.... i think it wouldnt work at all with a casual aquantance... for f*k buddies to work you have to know the person really well...accept and agree with their exsisting sex life enough to trust them with yours and have thrashed out the 'what do we want out of this' bit to death...so one partner wanting more just wouldnt happen...

Paul
15-01--2006, 05:08 PM
I dont agree at all Paul.... i think it wouldnt work at all with a casual aquantance... for f*k buddies to work you have to know the person really well...accept and agree with their exsisting sex life enough to trust them with yours and have thrashed out the 'what do we want out of this' bit to death...so one partner wanting more just wouldnt happen...
Give it time and you'll see ;)

Boy Anachronism
15-01--2006, 05:09 PM
Then again, I know a lot of married couples that could be described as fuck buddies. Regular sex but no emotional attachment...

Atomik
15-01--2006, 05:14 PM
ouch...youre so hard on me Dok....Not on you. Just on the idea.

.... so f*k buddies with someone you'd trust your life with has got to be a possibility worth exploring.... i dont agree its a relationship in the usual sense of the word... its maybe a transitional period....'Transitional period'. Hmmm. Yes, I'd go along with that. So what you're talking about is a period during which you're in a relationship, but you're too scared to call it a relationship in case it goes wrong?

.... it has to work or we wouldnt even have the term f*k buddy would we...That's ridiculous. That's no different from saying that the devil has to exist or we wouldn't have the word! And anyway... fuck buddies exist.... but that doesn't mean the relationship is healthy or works.

Atomik
15-01--2006, 05:17 PM
I dont agree at all Paul.... i think it wouldnt work at all with a casual aquantance... for f*k buddies to work you have to know the person really well...accept and agree with their exsisting sex life enough to trust them with yours and have thrashed out the 'what do we want out of this' bit to death...so one partner wanting more just wouldnt happen...Total self-delusion. You could say exactly the same thing about relationships. But they turn out in ways you don't expect or anticipate, even when you think they're totally right. If the world could be as predictable as you seem to believe, then we'd never have any emotional problems, would we?

josh
15-01--2006, 05:42 PM
For the record i completely agree with doc on this one.

Anusha
15-01--2006, 07:27 PM
Total self-delusion. You could say exactly the same thing about relationships. But they turn out in ways you don't expect or anticipate, even when you think they're totally right. If the world could be as predictable as you seem to believe, then we'd never have any emotional problems, would we?

I dont think its delusionary.... when youre in a relationship its usualy going somewhere...even though youre not always both headed in the same direction or at the same pace... having a f*k buddy.(and i wish i could find another word to describe it) to me means that you both agree you arent ready or looking for a long term relationship and dont want the expectations that one brings. It just lays down the ground rules before you start... oh i dont know... i'm looking for solutions here...seems all i'm doing is asking myself more questions...:insane:

Paul
15-01--2006, 07:29 PM
As long as you're enjoying yourself then that is all that really matters.

However, it can have consequences that you may not be prepared for. (even if you think you are.)

Atomik
15-01--2006, 07:35 PM
... having a f*k buddy.(and i wish i could find another word to describe it) to me means that you both agree you arent ready or looking for a long term relationship and dont want the expectations that one brings. It just lays down the ground rules before you start... Yes, but you're assuming that the rules won't change. How many times have you had any relationship where the rules haven't changed?

phil
16-01--2006, 03:20 PM
I've done this myself quite a lot. Its crap. Usually with ex girlfriends, you split up, miss each other and just meet up for sex occasoinally, (if that counts) its always gonna end in tears. To be honest a lot of relationships are no more than fuck buddies really if you dont explore any other feelings/aspects of the relatoinship. Thats what i've found anyway. you meet, shag like mad for a few months, then when that settles down, there's nothing left so you split up! its only the fucking that was holding you together in the first place!

stormypagan
16-01--2006, 03:38 PM
Yeah I did much the same as Phil, with an ex partner.... but my feelings were still there so it didn't work for me at first ... then when I got a grip of my feelings, it was him that started to get the feelings back... it was a total disaster really!!

I agree with those who have said about feelings.... it is very hard not to have feelings toward someone you are so intimate with!! I realised even more after my experience, that sex to me, is an expression of my feelings for someone, and that is how I want to keep it!! That's why I won't do one night stands!!

phil
16-01--2006, 04:00 PM
What really cleared it to me was the fact that when i was having one of my 'meetings' i'd have to make sure i had loads of alcohol and space cakes in coz without being pissed and stoned i wouldn't wanna do it at all. and that cant be right.

Dapablo
16-01--2006, 04:10 PM
without being pissed and stoned i wouldn't wanna do it at all.

and when he was he couldn't :)

phil
16-01--2006, 04:17 PM
I see you're 43 as well eh mate!!!! :whistle:

stormypagan
16-01--2006, 04:22 PM
I see you're 43 as well eh mate!!!! :whistle:

Why does it all stop working at that age hehehe!!:harhar: :D

phil
16-01--2006, 04:23 PM
44 i believe!!!!!!!!!! gulp! :(

stormypagan
16-01--2006, 04:25 PM
Damm hope it isn't the same for women I am only a few years away <gulps too>:( :rolleyes:

Chegzy
16-01--2006, 04:36 PM
Question :- Have any of you tried it?....can it work?... ok hormones running wild here...:eek: any thoughts welcome...?
I did have one but i failed and became the one who developed feelings so decided to finish seeing him, even tho i probably think about him nearly every day, he ruined me for all other men but im hoping that if i dont see him in ages ill get over it

Then i got annother and the opposite happened, he got feelings for me and i got stuck because i felt like i was being heartless, so now were friends without the fuck and its going fine

So now i dont think the fuck buddy system works for me, even though id like it to

Dapablo
16-01--2006, 04:38 PM
Damm hope it isn't the same for women I am only a few years away <gulps too>:( :rolleyes:

Probably has already I reckon, far to tired. :)

and Phil don't need the alcohol to do that anymore. :)

Chazz
16-01--2006, 10:24 PM
Why does it all stop working at that age (43) hehehe!!

44 i believe!!!!!!!!!! gulp!

No worries, at 49 I can assure you sex is just getting to be more fun than ever.

An ex of mine once arranged for me to be a fuck buddy for a friend of hers who was leaving for NZ in a month, worked out well. 10 years later a similar situation arose with someone who was also leaving Spain for NZ.

Not quite what is meant by fuck buddies maybe, but essentially the same in that it was for fun and company and not for emotional ties.

I enjoyed both relationships plenty.

In the years I was on the road, I had friends who I'd sleep with if their situation permitted when I was in their part of the world.

Groupies often carries a demeaning imagry. What it usually was was not so pathetic as someone desperate to fuck a 'name' (well certainly not in my case:D).

It was more often girls who found their town life boring and would like a good wholesome night of shagging with someone who wouldn't suddenly be in their lives from then on. A good uncomplicated lustful time.

A bit like going on holiday without your b/f, without the bother of flying to another place.

The mood was something pretty akin to 'fuck buddie' status most of the time.

In the States there were girls who's introduce themselves to me as 'I'm Alan erm Smith's Washington girl, next night, another girl, I'm Alan's Florida girl. This was said without any tinges of feeling it was some small sad role to be playing, they enjoyed the fun.

Fuck buddies are obviously incompatible with monogomous loving relationships but clearly for some people it works out as a fun way to enjoy lustful nookie.

Ooh yeah...the girl who 'took' my virginity was quite clear beforehand that she had a b/f and that this was just gonna be for fun...and fun it most certainly was.

Gixer
16-01--2006, 10:28 PM
A friend of my husbands has had this situation going on for 6 weeks. I came home from work before xmas to find my hubby, his friend and a girl who works in the office in my living room drinking coffee. I knew my hubbys freind well but wasnt on friendly terms with the girl. They both left and I turned to my hubby and said they are fucking each other. He was amazed that I knew,I said it was written all over their faces, and he better not get caught in the aftermath of it when it all goes wrong. Plus, I didnt want my home being used as a convinient place for them to meet up and spend time together. The whole thing just had disaster written all over it. Hubbys friend came to see me and explaind that they were just fuck buddies, clear rules, no commitment, not even fun, just sex. And they were both happy with that. It worked well for them for 2 weeks, then I started getting phone calls, is he there? have you seen him? if I answered yes hes watching the footy, drinking guiness and Im doing his washing she would be around my house in 5mins flat. I suddenly became her best friend. The situation was contrived and horrible, I warned my hubbys friend that she was falling for him in a big way and he was going to have a psycho on his hands if he didnt knock it on the head, he assured me that everything was undercontrol.
Anyway, on Saturday during a night out in Reading she got all pissy with him for talking to other girls, or even if she thought he was looking at someone. In the minibus on the way home she turned to him and said I love you. He said dont expect me to say the same in return. She said dont worry you will.
What a nightmare. He ended it on Sunday, and shes been hounding him ever since.

Not saying your situation will turn out anywhere near this extreme, but rejection and jealousy are powerful emotions and one half of the partnership will probably experience it sooner rather than later in a fuck buddy relationship.

I have had plenty of no strings attatched casual sex way back in the past and its been fine, but a one night stand isnt the same as have repeated intimacy with someone, feelings one way or another are sure to develop.

Anusha
16-01--2006, 10:46 PM
phew...after reading all of these posts i've decided it really isnt a good idea after all...its interesting though to see that its worked for some and not others...

it all sounded so simplistic but in reality i can see its far more complicated than that... i've never had casual sex before and i'm not into one night stands...f*k buddies just seemed like such a great idea...oh well...back to the drawing board...:angel:

Gixer
16-01--2006, 11:05 PM
I know what your saying pabsy, one night stands just seem so slutty, you sort of ascosiate them with people in bars and clubs wearing their beer glasses getting off with each other, going back to a grotty flat, shagging, then leaving and regretting it the next day. Fuck buddies has a sort of safeness attatched to it. You know the person, know their history, have something to chat about while making a cuppa after sex then switching the telly on and watching eastenders like the you always do with your friend, only feeling a little less stressed and satisfied than you were before. Thats the fantasy of it, not the reality. Just my opinion :)

Anusha
16-01--2006, 11:14 PM
I know what your saying pabsy, one night stands just seem so slutty, you sort of ascosiate them with people in bars and clubs wearing their beer glasses getting off with each other, going back to a grotty flat, shagging, then leaving and regretting it the next day. Fuck buddies has a sort of safeness attatched to it. You know the person, know their history, have something to chat about while making a cuppa after sex then switching the telly on and watching eastenders like the you always do with your friend, only feeling a little less stressed and satisfied than you were before. Thats the fantasy of it, not the reality. Just my opinion :)

ok...you got it in one... the fantasy sounds good though huh?..:wiggle: damn shame reality gets in the way...:eek:

Gixer
16-01--2006, 11:27 PM
LOL yeah, fantasy usually always sounds better than reality, at least in my head ;)

ecomamma
17-01--2006, 12:15 AM
Im disapointed too! :( there i was thinking it was possible....the iluzion was good...

phil
17-01--2006, 10:54 AM
Maybe the way to make it work (and something i've bin a bit guilty of!!) is only meet up seldomly, say once every couple of month. This is difficult, especially if the sex is good! but its the only way too try and ensure you dont become to emotionaly attactched. Its also long enough to leave yourself free to the possibility of still meeting the one!? just a thought :hippy:

Exedous
18-01--2006, 05:43 PM
Iv never really tried it, tho im pissed of with the whole relationship thinngy right now, so id be happy to meet up...have sex, then leave...plus you dont have all the akward crap that comes with "relationships" Just my view...

Ghost

Atomik
18-01--2006, 05:47 PM
Iv never really tried it, tho im pissed of with the whole relationship thinngy right now, so id be happy to meet up...have sex, then leave...plus you dont have all the akward crap that comes with "relationships" Just my view... You're describing casual sex. Not a fuck buddy.

Exedous
18-01--2006, 05:58 PM
You're describing casual sex. Not a fuck buddy.
Why...isint that it??..meet up shag, then leave....with no strings...strings means a relationship..in my eyes..

Ghost