Danni
01-10--2007, 08:24 PM
ohhhh no how unfair!

elfqueenofrohan
01-10--2007, 08:24 PM
well theyre not gonna get any justice if they behave like that >=(

mithra
01-10--2007, 08:58 PM
I know F4J pull shoddy stunts at the best of times, but this usually involves overweight middleaged men dressing as superheroes and bothering the traffic. I notice the spokesman didn't condemn the subliterate scrawl either.

AnnieAnne
01-10--2007, 09:16 PM
That won't make people more sympathetic to F4J, will it?

Twats!

wiggy
01-10--2007, 10:08 PM
FFS seriously what do they think doing that!!

I was there a few weeks ago and its sucha lovely place to chill at

twatheads

Van Called Brian
01-10--2007, 10:32 PM
Humans have been writing stuff on walls for millions of years. What would be going through your head and in your life for you to do such a thing? If your children had been taken away from you, wouldn't you go and write on a Tor, near Glaston....... okay you're right, it's very un-Christian, I hope the authoritiesdo something equallt sensible and make him write it out a hundred times, in letters ten feet high.
Mothers....they go....the house....couldn't resist.

Coyote
02-10--2007, 07:54 AM
*scratches head*

How exactly is this supposed to be positive PR for them?

Twit :rolleyes:

jo_rhymes
02-10--2007, 01:55 PM
what selfish wankers.

bunjies
02-10--2007, 06:13 PM
apparently, (according to orchard fm) fathers 4 justice claim it wasnt anything to do with them, but perhaps someone sympathetic to their cause...?

AnnieAnne
02-10--2007, 06:15 PM
apparently, (according to orchard fm) fathers 4 justice claim it wasnt anything to do with them, but perhaps someone sympathetic to their cause...?Or someone looking to discredit them?

bunjies
02-10--2007, 06:18 PM
i must admit that seems more likely :(
i cant imagine anyone thinking it would be seen in a positive light.

claireaitchbee
02-10--2007, 06:20 PM
Silly barstewards. Someone must feel very un-listened to, to pull a stunt like that. A touch of the 'michael flatleys' I feel.. (imagine small child throwing a stiff strop complete with stamping feet!)

claireaitchbee
02-10--2007, 06:33 PM
apparently, (according to orchard fm) fathers 4 justice claim it wasnt anything to do with them, but perhaps someone sympathetic to their cause...?

hmmmm, well they would say that wouldn't they, after it backfired:whistle:
or am I just being waay too cynical here?;)

Whirler
02-10--2007, 07:35 PM
I like the way I live in Glastonbury and this wasn't even on the local news! :rolleyes:

Sthenno
02-10--2007, 07:40 PM
I like the way I live in Glastonbury and this wasn't even on the local news! :rolleyes:
'Tis a conspiracy. Obviously. :)

Whirler
02-10--2007, 07:42 PM
'Tis a conspiracy. Obviously. :):madlol:

HappyHippy
02-10--2007, 08:47 PM
It didn't make the local news? Are you sure? I'm surprised cos the link I posted is from the BBC web site :insane: It's not the first bit of weirdness up the Tor this year either - during the summer the whole Tor was cordoned off and surrounded by cops cos of someone with a knife stopping anybody approaching the tower - there's a rather grizzly tale behind that which I won't go into here. I dunno about the telly but that one certainly made the local papers. The incident that made me smile which defo wasn't reported on the news happened not up the Tor but down at the Spring, and it's still a talking point there now, or at least it was 6 weeks or so ago when I was last there. The fish men. They pulled up in a white van by the Red Spring. 3 blokes got out, each with a big fish. Everybody was staring at them, as the White and Red springs are kind of a meeting place. They proceded to wash their respective fish under the spring, and then began slapping each other with the wet fish. This went on for a few minutes, then all of a sudden they stopped, jumped back into their van and disappeared up Wellhouse Lane. Weird stuff :insane: But they were funny - the bloke with the knife up the Tor has his own demons to deal with (or not) - but this F4J stunt is just plain nasty.

Whirler
02-10--2007, 08:53 PM
It didn't make the local news? Are you sure? I'm surprised cos the link I posted is from the BBC web site :insane: Nope, I watched BBC breakie that morning and the local news and not a word was uttered!
there's a rather grizzly tale behind that which I won't go into here. Really? I heard that nothing physically happened and now I want to know the truth!!!!

Not sure about the fish men though.......

bunjies
02-10--2007, 10:35 PM
i only heard about it on orchard this morning on the way to work. i dont know if its been on the local tv news cos i dont have a telly.

i want to know about scary knife man too!

doodlebug
03-10--2007, 09:10 AM
Oh this sucks so much. I dont understand why F4J would target the Tor, as you dudes say, it doesnt exactly give them good press does it :(

HappyHippy
03-10--2007, 10:23 AM
The grizzly tale isn't anything that the scary knife man did at the time - it's the thing in his past that kinda made him what he is today - if that makes any sense. It ain't pretty - are you sure you wanna know?

bunjies
03-10--2007, 04:22 PM
no, i dont really on thinking about it properly. i slipped into automatic gossip mode and i hate it when i do that. so i shall leave the poor mans past alone ;)

HappyHippy
03-10--2007, 07:07 PM
Very wise :whistle: :hippy: :eek:

PlutoPete
03-10--2007, 07:25 PM
It appears the paint used was water based, so lasting damage is unlikely. I'm all in favour of f4j but i cannot see how semi literate daubs on a historic monument would help the cause.

Whirler
03-10--2007, 08:32 PM
no, i dont really on thinking about it properly. i slipped into automatic gossip mode and i hate it when i do that. so i shall leave the poor mans past alone ;)LOL!! Actually, I don't want to know either. I just wondered if there was some kind of cover up going on! Leave the man's past with him.

elfqueenofrohan
03-10--2007, 10:37 PM
I'm all in favour of f4j but i cannot see how semi literate daubs on a historic monument would help the cause.

when people are desperately passionate about something they don't use logic... and if u were so strongly obsessed with an idea, wouldn't u stop at nothing to make sure people heard you?

that's why u get animal rights activists threatening people's families :rolleyes:

HappyHippy
04-10--2007, 08:28 AM
But when you are so obsessed with whatever your cause happens to be that you suspend logic and reason and resort to acts of violence, destructiveness and vandalism don't you enter the realms of insanity?

elfqueenofrohan
04-10--2007, 10:52 AM
But when you are so obsessed with whatever your cause happens to be that you suspend logic and reason and resort to acts of violence, destructiveness and vandalism don't you enter the realms of insanity?

yaaar but there's many levels of insanity. plus, even if u are insane, doesn't mean you can't function normally a lot of the time imo

Atomik
04-10--2007, 10:59 AM
yaaar but there's many levels of insanity. plus, even if u are insane, doesn't mean you can't function normally a lot of the time imoYou're living proof of that. :insane:

HappyHippy
04-10--2007, 01:54 PM
I guess I'm probably also a bit that way too - but it depends how much of a problem you become in those moments when you lose it - it only takes a moment to damage or destroy something - or someone - or even yourself. No matter how passionately you care for a cause it's still no reason to do that to our beloved Tor :rolleyes:

elfqueenofrohan
04-10--2007, 04:51 PM
No matter how passionately you care for a cause it's still no reason to do that to our beloved Tor :rolleyes:

it is a reason just not an excuse :D

HappyHippy
04-10--2007, 11:15 PM
Well to the person doing it I suppose it might seem like a reason at the time I suppose, but then what is a reason to somebody who has suspended logic and reason?

elfqueenofrohan
04-10--2007, 11:17 PM
Dno. But maybe the ability of a father to see his children IS more important than a bit of paint on a pile of stone. I don't know. :(

HappyHippy
04-10--2007, 11:22 PM
That kinda pre-supposes that by vandalising the Tor the bloke will get to see his kids - if anything I think doing stuff like this makes it less likely he'll get to see 'em. And I'm sure he knows he's not gonna get what he wants whether or not he makes a complete arsehole of himself.

elfqueenofrohan
04-10--2007, 11:24 PM
yeah. but i think it makes it understandable.

HappyHippy
04-10--2007, 11:37 PM
Hmmmm well in a way I suppose it does - in the sense that we know what he's angry about - but not in the sense of how he thinks what he did will help the situation. Sure it grabs attention, but only of the most negative kind, which only undermines his cause.

Pronghorn
05-10--2007, 12:13 AM
it seems odd to deface the the tor for this cause a court house buliding maybee but why pic a place with no relavence to the cause? i would love to hear the perps reasong for doing this.

I dearly love my daughter and would not want to be seperated from her but if this did happen my protest would not consider defacing something like this a billboard, court, Mcdonalds (just cos i dont like them) ah maybee thats it his partner valued the tor so he defaced it to hurt her for revenge for the pain he feels at seperation from his children.

boothy
16-10--2007, 04:03 PM
it is a shame but F4J contains a lot of people who understandably are very, very upset and so they are inclined to act like this to get their point across.

jontu
21-10--2007, 12:23 PM
I dont feel very sympathetic Im afraid to anyone who could do this

matty
23-10--2007, 06:24 PM
As it's 3 weeks on I just wondered if any one had seen the Tor recently?

HappyHippy
23-10--2007, 07:07 PM
I saw it on Saturday but only from a distance so I couldn't see if it's clean or not.

matty
23-10--2007, 07:15 PM
A friend of ours came round on saturday and said she could see no signs, if this is true , does this make the offence any less?

Whirler
27-10--2007, 08:45 AM
It has been cleaned up to the sum of 2,000.

HappyHippy
27-10--2007, 09:54 AM
Two grand? If they'd given me a bucket and some soapy water I'd have cleaned it for half that :harhar:

flipflopsjen
07-11--2007, 11:01 AM
grrr why do people do it!! I bet the poor buggers who done that don't realise they are most likely to be related in someway to the people who built thw tower in the first place and instead of destroying it, and their own heiritage, they should be grateful, because if it wasn't for their family that built the tower all those years ago, they wouldnt be here in the first place to vandalise it!!!!

Lister D
07-11--2007, 04:25 PM
Might be a twattish thing to do but its got you talking about it. For the record i DONT condone this, im jus saying.

Bit of a daft thing though, plus the grammar is all wrong, i thought it meant

Fuck 4 Jesus....hahahahahaha

or Fannies for juggiling....

ok sorry, i'll get me coat..:harhar:

chillums
17-11--2007, 06:32 PM
Fathers for justice are doin alot of good for the rights of Men in this country..
BUT PLEASE DONT GRAFFITI