PDA

View Full Version : Vegan sausage and dumpling stew

stardust
18-01--2006, 03:37 PM
i well enjoyed this.....

haven't got any specific measurements coz it depends how many you're cooking for. i just made it up as i went along!

potato
carrots
mushrooms
onions
shallots
brocolli
any other veg you like
vegan gravy granules or bullion
vegan sausages

dumplings.....
vegetarian suet
flour
water

what to do....

prepare veg and put in pan. sprinkle some veggie gravy granules. or herbs/garlic/nuts - whatever you fancy. put in enough water to just cover the veg. prepare dumplings and sausage according to instructions on packet.

put veggies on cooker and light it. cook dumplings in whatever way works best for you. the only way i manage to cook them with out them disintegrating is to steam them over the veg.

simmer for as long as it takes to make potatoes soft. cook sausages according to instructions, ideally aiming to have them finished 5 minutes or so before the veg. then cut them up and put them in the stew for the last five minutes so that the skins can go all soft and yummy.

voila.......enjoy!

peace and love
stardust
xxx

Flibbertigibbet
09-02--2006, 01:02 AM
I made almost the same the other night but added soem butter beans and some vegan parmesan into the dumplings and served it with vegan cheese topped bubble and squeak :D

Dibdabs
16-02--2006, 09:32 PM
:) sounds yummy star dust.

I made almost the same the other night but added soem butter beans and some vegan parmesan into the dumplings and served it with vegan cheese topped bubble and squeak

Can I ask what make the vegan cheese you buy is and where you buy it from? I have tried vegan cheese once before..a kind of vegan cheese that I found at tesco...and I really disliked it. Would be interested in trying some different sorts.