PDA

View Full Version : STD tests/results

wiggy
18-01--2006, 05:15 PM
I had mine done monday and they all came back clear yepeeeeee - i was pretty sure they would and they did lol - i was quite scared about getting them done and now i have had them done i dunno what all the fuss was about

crap muppet
18-01--2006, 05:44 PM
Got a mate waiting for his results at the moment. Poor bastard lost his missus, ended up sleeping with some other lass who then found out that she was HIV. Poor git is shitting it :(

My mates have made a vow now that we will always use protection from now on. The lot we hang around with are quite bad for sleeping around with each other - if anybody found out that they had it I think a good 50 odd people would be shitting it... especially when you consider how long it can sit in somebody without them being aware.

ecomamma
18-01--2006, 05:53 PM
Got a mate waiting for his results at the moment. Poor bastard lost his missus, ended up sleeping with some other lass who then found out that she was HIV. Poor git is shitting it :(

My mates have made a vow now that we will always use protection from now on. The lot we hang around with are quite bad for sleeping around with each other - if anybody found out that they had it I think a good 50 odd people would be shitting it... especially when you consider how long it can sit in somebody without them being aware.

Thats scary! Wow what a wake up call for your mate & us all! I love being single, altho i do miss the feeling of being with someone you know is safe...before i get into a relationship I get them to go & get tested for the works!

crap muppet
18-01--2006, 05:55 PM
Thats scary! Wow what a wake up call for your mate & us all! I love being single, altho i do miss the feeling of being with someone you know is safe...before i get into a relationship I get them to go & get tested for the works!

I did mine again recently - all clear thankfully. I was scared after I split up with my ex. It turned out she had been playing around with some real deviants (In the sexual sense), took some time to build myself up to go for the test that time.

wiggy
18-01--2006, 06:05 PM
i hope your mate will be ok - its not nice going to the clinic but it could be so much worse and the treatments are so simple - i mean if you did have something. I have to wait on the HIV test but im pretty sure that will be ok - i do think though that having sex is of course fun but i dont think alot of people relise what they are getting themself's into.

Anusha
18-01--2006, 07:34 PM
Thats the scary side of being single and the main reason why i wouldnt dream of sleeping around... when i found out my husband had a one night stand i couldnt get tested quickly enough... i've never had protected sex...but then i've never slept with anyone but my ex...

i guess protected sex now is going to be necessary when i do find someone...i just dont much like the thought of it....:(

Paul
19-01--2006, 10:41 AM
i hope your mate will be ok - its not nice going to the clinic but it could be so much worse and the treatments are so simple - i mean if you did have something. I have to wait on the HIV test but im pretty sure that will be ok - i do think though that having sex is of course fun but i dont think alot of people relise what they are getting themself's into.
What prompted you to get tested though? It isn't the sort of thing that most people do regularly like a trip to the opticians.

I hate swabs :rolleyes:

Atomik
19-01--2006, 10:46 AM
I hate swabs :rolleyes:I'm not surprised after 107 of them! :whistle:

wiggy
19-01--2006, 10:56 AM
I went because i havent been before and you never know if you have something. There are so many nasty things out there that can lead to horrible things. I dont think people understand what they can get!!! and the chair is sooooo comfortable!!!!

stormypagan
19-01--2006, 11:02 AM
When you are pregnant the anti-natal care includes some STD tests because of dangers to midwives etc... including HIV etc..

Luckily everything is cool with me :) not that I really doubted it as I have never been one to sleep around!!

But I guess it must be very scary if you are waiting to hear like Crap Muppet's friend. When I was waiting for my results there was a little anticipation as you can imagine, as you never know really, so I do feel for him!!

Apparently, heterosexual Women are the highest growing stat for HIV now!! due to having a larger surface area to transmit the disease .. I hope you get what I mean without having to explain it more :o

Anusha
19-01--2006, 11:18 AM
Apparently, heterosexual Women are the highest growing stat for HIV now!! due to having a larger surface area to transmit the disease .. I hope you get what I mean without having to explain it more :o

Its all really scary stuff being single today isnt it?.... I joke about sex a lot... but the truth is it isnt something i take lightly... i view good health as my most important asset and i have no intention of compromising that for a quick sh*g just to calm the hormones down for a bit...:angel:

Exedous
19-01--2006, 11:25 AM
Im going to get a test..its been a while since i did...

Ghost

Exedous
19-01--2006, 11:38 AM
Im going to get a test..its been a while since i did...

Ghost

Jus phoned them...have appointment today...she couldnt tell me how long i av to wait till i get me results.....right im of to buy a healty crate of Special Brew.

Ghost

wiggy
19-01--2006, 12:00 PM
i got my results on the day, but they send the swaps on a agar of to a lab and see if anything grows - its not bad at all. And you get free condoms which is always good

Exedous
19-01--2006, 12:41 PM
i got my results on the day, but they send the swaps on a agar of to a lab and see if anything grows - its not bad at all. And you get free condoms which is always good
I phoned back and was told i'll av to wait a week?? WTF?? Im gonna be bricking it.....

Ghost

wiggy
19-01--2006, 12:45 PM
I wonder why!!! But if you do have something its so easily treated. At least when you go the worry will be a bit over and you wont have to do it again for a long time. Anyways its more dignified (sp) for men in a way. Lay back Hazel and put your legs in here rings a bell LOL

Ahh the joys of it all

Minwah
19-01--2006, 12:47 PM
I hate swabs :rolleyes:

Cracks me up when you read the stuff (or listen to doctors) that say 'this doesn't hurt, just might be slightly uncomfortable'. Yea right!

Dapablo
19-01--2006, 01:10 PM
Standard what ?

Comes around goes around.

Atomik
19-01--2006, 01:15 PM
Huh?!

stormypagan
19-01--2006, 02:07 PM
Its all really scary stuff being single today isnt it?.... I joke about sex a lot... but the truth is it isnt something i take lightly... i view good health as my most important asset and i have no intention of compromising that for a quick sh*g just to calm the hormones down for a bit...:angel:

Maybe a trip to Ann summers is in order heheheh!!!

TheFly
21-01--2006, 01:25 PM
i'm going to be teaching this stuff to my year 9 PSHE groups in a couple of weeks... tempted to dowload some really gruesome pictures to frighten the shit out of 'em... got recently given some stats regarding sti infection that are quite scary... so glad I'm not shagging around these days...

Fly...

Paul
21-01--2006, 02:58 PM
i'm going to be teaching this stuff to my year 9 PSHE groups in a couple of weeks... tempted to dowload some really gruesome pictures to frighten the shit out of 'em... got recently given some stats regarding sti infection that are quite scary... so glad I'm not shagging around these days...

Fly...I think statistics are more scary than pictures ... you can see gruesome pics and still think "that'll never happen to me"

When i was about 21 I got Thrush ... which I now know is nothing worth worring about ... but back then I didn't have a clue what it was.

So I rather sheepishly got myself down to the clinic ... walked in very nervously not knowing what to expect

The first thing I saw was a mate in there ... who shouted out at the top of his voice in front of everyone.

"SORT YOUR DICK OUT FOR FUCKS SAKE!"

:o :D

wiggy
21-01--2006, 03:00 PM
Awww people can be so cruel - Its a good thing to have done - just to put your mind at rest.

scarlett
21-01--2006, 04:45 PM
lmao at pauls post...similar thing happened to me...was only cystitis...but was mortified when doc said it was my over enthusiasm that caused it and it wasn't referred to as the 'honeymoon disease' for nothing:o

Minwah
23-01--2006, 12:48 PM
I think statistics are more scary than pictures ... you can see gruesome pics and still think "that'll never happen to me"

I disagree...I think the opposite. Seeing those pictures can make you almost feel it. Ouch...

Exedous
28-03--2006, 01:03 PM
Iv thought about going back, plucking up the courage...and get that swab, stuck up the end, of my knob.

I did say...THINKING...:rolleyes: :whistle:

It may be right thing to do, but that easy to say. iv no probs, down there, just saftey first.

:patch:

Atomik
28-03--2006, 01:18 PM
I'll do it for 50. :whistle:

scarlett
28-03--2006, 02:19 PM
i demand to see the photos:D

i get the condoms for my 19 year old son ( given free at my uni ) and always give him a lecture on various diseases ..in fact i always say ''wear a diving suit for your willy'':o ....also emphasise if you respect your partner ,you must wear a condom as there are more diseases men pass onto women than the other way around !

Atomik
28-03--2006, 02:31 PM
there are more diseases men pass onto women than the other way around !Yeah, like pregnancy. :whistle:

Exedous
28-03--2006, 02:35 PM
I'll do it for 50. :whistle:

Oooo...ok then....*whacks out knob*

Be gentle....:o

:patch:

Atomik
28-03--2006, 06:23 PM
Oooo...ok then....*whacks out knob*

Be gentle....:o Cash first, knob later. :harhar:

*looks at knob*

Call it 25. It's a sliding scale. :madlol:

wiggy
28-03--2006, 08:12 PM
Ohh bloody hell it isnt that bad for a bloke ,think yourself lucky us girls have to sit/lay in a (comfortable) chair, stick their legs in things, have a giant thing shoved up there to see how much we strech, with a light bere in mind, lovely huh

Blocks have to get 'it' out and have a swab taken - both for men and women arent painful but maybe uncomfortable. Its better than worrying

Fleassy
28-03--2006, 08:56 PM
I've been meaning to get tested for a while, but here at the free clinic you have to book weeks in advance cos they get booked up so quickly (the joy of living in a city full of junkies, hippies, homosexuals, horney teens and prostetutes, has its ups and downs).

ive never been tested and i'm going to before i go to canada, i know a lot of the guys ive been with were safe because a) used protection b) were virgins or c) a few of them were tested just before we met. but i do worry as i found out a few of my ex's were also compulsive liers.

Ms. Vee
29-03--2006, 09:26 AM
Ohh bloody hell it isnt that bad for a bloke ,think yourself lucky us girls have to sit/lay in a (comfortable) chair, stick their legs in things, have a giant thing shoved up there to see how much we strech, with a light bere in mind, lovely huh

Blocks have to get 'it' out and have a swab taken - both for men and women arent painful but maybe uncomfortable. Its better than worrying

Bleurgh. The nurse lied to me! She said it wouldn't hurt, but it bloody did. Last time I went it made me feel so sick that I almost fainted! I had to sit outside on the wall with my head between my legs :o . Arggg, I probably looked like a bloody druggie.

Anyway, don't let me put you off going. I'd rather that pain, sickness and near-fainting than some icky disease.

ecomamma
29-03--2006, 12:47 PM
Trouble is once youve got the ticket of health you are really paranoid in keeping it that way!!! :whistle:

sensamelia
29-03--2006, 05:28 PM
im certain im safe as i was hubys first
and weve been together like 24 yrs

Mr Arlovski
29-03--2006, 11:01 PM
I've been waiting for my results for about 6 weeks now. I think they've forgotten about me. :rolleyes: The funny thing is the same clinic never sent a friend of mines results to her either, that was over a year ago.

ecomamma
29-03--2006, 11:20 PM
celebrate.... that means your clear, tell ya mate!
:happydanc
(go out get hammered shag someone then do it all over again or shag each other...wooohooo problem solved, no more vd clinics well not for a while anyway):whistle:

Dan
30-03--2006, 03:32 PM
is this a bad idea?? girls should get lubed so the thing they slide up there doesnt hurt? it could be with ky jelly or masturbation... discuss!

Ms. Vee
30-03--2006, 07:24 PM
is this a bad idea?? girls should get lubed so the thing they slide up there doesnt hurt? it could be with ky jelly or masturbation... discuss!

If you are talking about during STD tests, then they do apply some sort of lubrication to make it less uncomfortable. Somehow I don't really think masturbation would be very appropriate for a medical exam though...

Mr Arlovski
30-03--2006, 07:28 PM
celebrate.... that means your clear, tell ya mate!
:happydanc
(go out get hammered shag someone then do it all over again or shag each other...wooohooo problem solved, no more vd clinics well not for a while anyway):whistle: OMG, is that really what it means, lol. I've been worrying over nothing. :o Thanx. :)

Whirler
30-03--2006, 07:39 PM
I was misinformed once about a bacterial infection I had. I'd received a letter with the results so I did loads of research and it's just one of those things the body can develop on its own. The same day I had to have some blood tests and the nurse looked at my records and told me it was sexually transmitted and had myself or my partner slept with anyone else!!! I then went back and did extra extra research and she was still wrong.

I think that's absolutely outrageous. Firstly, imagine I was a young (virginal)teenager accompanied by a parent, what would they think? Secondly, what if I thought my boyfriend had slept with someone else? The misinformation could've caused a whole array of problems. :mad: