1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon whisky or balsalmic vingear

Potato Mash
625 g (1 1/2 b) potatoes, quartered
30 g (1 1/4 oz) vegan margerine
1/2 teaspoon soay cream
1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
sea salt and black pepper

1 Preheat the oven to 180 / (350) Gas mark 4-Place 375 (12 oz) of the swede in a large saucepan of water, add the fresh root ginger, bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins. Put the potatoes for the mash, in another large saucepan of cold water , bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins, till soft

2 Meanwhile, heat 25 g (1 oz) of the cocunut oil in a large (non stick) frying pan and gently toast the oats, for bout 2 mins, stirring constantly, until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.

3Heat the remaining cocunut oil, then gently fry the remaing swede with the onion, mushrooms and carrot for about 10 mins until the swede starts to soften. Add the kidney beans and stir until hot. Transefer the fried veg to the bowl of oats , then add all the remaing haggis ingredients.

4Divide the mixture, between for 8cm's, (3/4 inch) oven proof ramakins, cover with foil, and place in a deep roasting tin, half filled with boiling water. Bake for 30 mins.

5Reheat the boiled swede, then drain and mash with half the margarine, and sea salt and black pepper. Reheat the boiled potatoes, then drain and mash with the soya cream, the remaining margarine and the rosemary.

6Remove the ramakins from the oven, run a sharp knife around the edge of each one, then turn out on the warm plates. Add 2 spoonfulls of each mash to the plates and this vegan version of traditional scottish sheep's sausage, with a tot of whisky.

Enjoy Ghost

elfqueenofrohan
26-02--2008, 09:31 PM
because I clearly have no life, I've been trying out all the vegan recipes on here... and this was amazing, so I thought I'd BUMP it up!!! I had massive doubts about how it would turn out, but wow!!!

And cream and rosemary with potato - lush!!! I can't believe I've never had that before :)

Lister D
27-02--2008, 12:38 AM
because I clearly have no life, I've been trying out all the vegan recipes on here... and this was amazing, so I thought I'd BUMP it up!!! I had massive doubts about how it would turn out, but wow!!!

And cream and rosemary with potato - lush!!! I can't believe I've never had that before :) It IS yum!!! I also found a similar recipe, that involves nettles....

First, make the nettle puree.
Put washed nettles in a pan, cover and boil gently for 4 minutes (without adding water). Drain well, add a knob of butter, plenty of seasoning (perhaps some chopped onion). Simmer for 5 minutes while turning and mashing.the resulting pur'ee is fluffy in texture, but rather insipid to taste, a little like pea pods. Use pur'ee as a vegetable on its own, spread on toast, or mix into balls with oatmeal and fry.

Nettle Haggis.
Process nettle pur'ee with leeks and cabbage and partially cooked oatmeal(or rice or barley). Pack into a jeely bag (muslin) and boil for about an hour. Serve with gravy. In season, try adding some wild Garlic, for taste, also some nuts, but not peanuts seemingly, according to the recipe.

Viola!!

Enjoy.:chef:

princesstigermouse
28-02--2008, 12:17 PM
Vegan haggis? Wow, never thought I'd see that!

Lister D
28-02--2008, 12:48 PM
I know but its soooo good. It can be eaten in the usual manner, or cut into slices* and eaten with salad.

"*After cooking, leave in muslin for bout 40mins away from water. This will allow the ingredients to blend. After this, it should be easy to cut into slices."

Pumpkin
02-08--2008, 08:18 PM
is there a substitute for the coconut oil? anything coconutty makes my tongue itch...

Skye
02-08--2008, 09:08 PM
I tried this recipe and OMG it was yummy.:clap: