PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who can teach circus skills?

bikebodger
19-02--2008, 12:47 PM
Is there anyone who can teach various circus skills here?

Need someone Mid August for about 5 days to keep kids (and big kids) occupied & interested at a training camp.
Pays not very much, but meals all provided.

Contact me if interested

magicmonkey
19-02--2008, 12:50 PM
You should have a word with Gingernut, it'd be right up her alley ;)

AnnieAnne
19-02--2008, 03:28 PM
Or Blu, as I think that's what she wants to develop a small buisness doing.

Lister D
19-02--2008, 04:09 PM
Blu can do Diabolo and Flower sticks, she can also teach the Rola Bola :google: IT

We're up in Scotland but could travel....well its a thought anyway....

We'el have a word with the Rhyming Jo, see if she wants to tag along.....

stardust
19-02--2008, 04:19 PM
you got any more details about what sort of training camp it is, where it is etc etc?

might well be interested but depends on the event and if it fits in with the festie crew bus.

jo_rhymes
19-02--2008, 04:31 PM
I can do poi, a bit of diabolo, hula hooping, plate spinning. I have 3 hula hoops, 16 spinning plates and various poi.

Where is it?

bikebodger
19-02--2008, 05:49 PM
Hi folks
Its about 10 miles from Swindon.
Need someone who can teach basic circus skills to teens & some adults.

So you'd need a few sets of kit.

already asked Gingernut but she's at Beautiful Days

Am finding out more details from main co-ordinator, & will PM folks when I know

Kaiya
19-02--2008, 06:25 PM
What would the dates be? Because I am away a lot in august but can poi and teach basic juggling. But I am very busy in August.

Blu
19-02--2008, 09:05 PM
I can do poi, a bit of diabolo, hula hooping, plate spinning. I have 3 hula hoops, 16 spinning plates and various poi.

I have 7 or 8 diabolos, and a couple of sets of flower sticks, as well as a rola bola, and a few juggling scarves.
Would be more than happy to team up with Jo to teach kids this stuff. I want to do it around schools, so this would be a good way of "getting into it". I also work on the streets teaching kids this stuff (by donation), hence I have so much kit!!!

jo_rhymes
19-02--2008, 10:07 PM
wicked Blu. Yeah I helped teach at Latitude Festival and that was awesome :)

As long as we get free cups of tea I'm happy!!

bikebodger
20-02--2008, 10:27 AM
Hi folks

I have just PM'd you all the details
(we need a juggling smiley here...)http://anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/juggle.gif

Raggamuffin
22-02--2008, 02:16 PM
i do fire staff fire poi contact juggling and i have a guy with me that also uses juggling balls.

let me know how we can help

Skully
26-02--2008, 09:38 AM
I teach hula hoop, I can teach juggling, poi spinning, face painting, basic diabolo.... loads of stuff.

If you still need people I'd be interested in details

straykite
27-02--2008, 02:04 PM
I'll just add a me too to list - although depends on the event - I do juggling and circus workshops for a living, so have box loads of kit - details in sig

just turned up here today, so a big hi to all the other hippy jugglers

lunar munar
28-02--2008, 09:10 PM
http://www.circus-malarkey.org.uk/ you can email them tell them clareski sent you they maybe able to help top bunch of peeps mad as hatters good freinds of mine x