PDA

View Full Version : Festival solstice celebration...

Pages : [1] 2 3

ecomamma
08-02--2006, 04:51 PM
I have a really good feeling about this gathering.....shall be working there so come & say hi....

www.sunrisecelebration.com (http://www.sunrisecelebration.com)

:D

dandreamweva
26-02--2006, 12:40 PM
She's right you know...its going to be great.

Early Bird tickets are now available for 50 via:

www.sunrisecelebration.com

See you there,

Love,
Dan

Exedous
26-02--2006, 03:00 PM
Dogs *may not* be brought on to the site - not even nice ones!!

Thats me out then...Bah..:(

:patch:

scarlett
26-02--2006, 04:03 PM
now that looks fun:D

Hannah
26-02--2006, 08:40 PM
ooo i am liking the look of that

stormypagan
26-02--2006, 09:42 PM
Dogs *may not* be brought on to the site - not even nice ones!!

Thats me out then...Bah..:(

I know what you mean Exedous, I have found this increasingly difficult in past years.. I can understand to some degree why due to irresponsible people with dogs so it has ruined it for us more responsible people. So yes paying festivals are little and few between for us because we didnt want to leave the dogs out, and now that we have three ti would be hard to leave them with anyone either. Good old free ones where it didn't matter but then you had the folk that didn't look after their dogs there, as I have said before.

crap muppet
27-02--2006, 08:40 AM
Soooo.... anybody else think they might be going? Looks really nice - 6 days for £50 quid is a bargain as well. Unfortunately I don't think anybody up this way out of my lot are planning to head down :(

UPDATE: I've booked the time off work. Now just got to decide whether to buy a ticket or not!

Hannah
27-02--2006, 07:51 PM
oooo 6 days is it?? i should learn to read proper, thats less than 10 a day. i really wanna go now

Sarah
27-02--2006, 08:10 PM
awww at first sight this looked really brilliant but the no dogs thing is putting me off :(

Hannah
27-02--2006, 08:13 PM
nooooooo im still at college when its on :(

ecomamma
27-02--2006, 09:28 PM
She's right you know...its going to be great.

Early Bird tickets are now available for £50 via:

www.sunrisecelebration.com (http://www.sunrisecelebration.com)

See you there,

Love,
Dan

:woohoo: I hope so Dan! My friends heard back that sunrise was interested in what we will be doing:broc: but they havent sent any info as yet so its not booked..... bum....altho im sure all will go to plan as i have a back up job, altho would very much like to be working with my friends instead of on my other mates crew....only cause i like the idea of being slack & playing with willow this year instead of 8 hr shifts on crew!!!!!

ecomamma
27-02--2006, 10:30 PM
How cool is that, im chatting here about them & they just joined....

Fleassy
28-02--2006, 07:51 PM
Thants over my birthday (20th june) but i fly to canada 6 days later so i dont think i can afford £50 :(

milyn
28-02--2006, 08:26 PM
reeeeally love the look of it but have wolf, no wolf no me

sensamelia
01-03--2006, 11:42 AM
hey eco it looks really cool
sorry wont be able to come
my eldest daughter was born on summer solstice so we always have a big fire in the field and celebrations
but hope its a good one for ya all
peace:p

Marlboro
02-03--2006, 10:38 AM
I'd love to go.. but I'm not quite sure of the arrangement. Do we bring a tent or something? I haven't found information regarding that on the site.. maybe it's there, but I missed it?

ecomamma
02-03--2006, 11:17 AM
I'd love to go.. but I'm not quite sure of the arrangement. Do we bring a tent or something? I haven't found information regarding that on the site.. maybe it's there, but I missed it?

Sweetheart you need a tent, a sleeping bag, money,torch & anything else you can thing of to make camping easier it is a 5 day event....;)

Marlboro
02-03--2006, 02:56 PM
Ah, that's good, so just a tent, sleeping bag and the usuals.. have you been before? I heard from friends that it is a great event.

ecomamma
02-03--2006, 09:14 PM
Ah, that's good, so just a tent, sleeping bag and the usuals.. have you been before? I heard from friends that it is a great event.

Its a new event...exciting...:) lovely folk shall be there...

Marlboro
02-03--2006, 11:02 PM
Oh? A new event? I thought it had been done before.. so this isn't the event at Stonehenge? Hmm..

Dready Warrior
02-03--2006, 11:07 PM
Oh? A new event? I thought it had been done before.. so this isn't the event at Stonehenge? Hmm..

no this is a licenced festival in somerset running for 5 days - take a look at the website www.sunrisecelebration.com (http://www.sunrisecelebration.com)

at stonehenge there is no festival any more, for a while no-one except a few druids were even allowed there for the solstice. now stonehenge car park opens on the 20th at 8pm and the stones are open from 10pm. you can spend the night and next day there. last year there was 20 000 people so it was quite a gathering but there are no bands playing or stalls just a few people with acoustic intruments.

sensamelia
03-03--2006, 12:12 PM
there have been lots of solstice gigs all over the country ever since i can remember

dandreamweva
10-03--2006, 11:39 PM
:woohoo: I hope so Dan! My friends heard back that sunrise was interested in what we will be doing:broc: but they havent sent any info as yet so its not booked..... bum....altho im sure all will go to plan as i have a back up job, altho would very much like to be working with my friends instead of on my other mates crew....only cause i like the idea of being slack & playing with willow this year instead of 8 hr shifts on crew!!!!!

What did you and your friends want to do? I can follow it up if you like

And sorry about the Dog thing, all, its a bit of a bummer. Not sure I can really explain it - Poor record of dogs behaving badly at festivals, irresponsibility of some owners, nervousness of farmer about his animals, etc. All leads to making it very difficult.
:(

ecomamma
11-03--2006, 01:43 PM
They did hear back & said they were full! Glastonbury folk got it all stitched up which is a bit of a shame because there work is brilliant & they are there for the love of it & the fact she teaches & doesnt make any money from it, just the cost of materials. sunrise doesnt know what its missing....so I guess thats that! Im in on my friends crew, so ive a job....thanks tho dan...x

What did you and your friends want to do? I can follow it up if you like

And sorry about the Dog thing, all, its a bit of a bummer. Not sure I can really explain it - Poor record of dogs behaving badly at festivals, irresponsibility of some owners, nervousness of farmer about his animals, etc. All leads to making it very difficult.
:(

Marlboro
11-03--2006, 04:02 PM
Wait, sorry Ecomamma, could you run that by me again, please? The Solstice is full?! No more tickets?! ...

ecomamma
11-03--2006, 04:20 PM
Wait, sorry Ecomamma, could you run that by me again, please? The Solstice is full?! No more tickets?! ...

That was an answer to another question, no tickets are on sale.

Marlboro
11-03--2006, 04:35 PM
"no tickets are on sale."?

ecomamma
11-03--2006, 04:38 PM
"no tickets are on sale."?

Tickets available....sorry mate, my hazy lazy typing!

Marlboro
11-03--2006, 04:40 PM
Ah, phew.. I'll have to wait a while until I buy the tickets, since most of my money went towards another ticket someplace. Any idea when the tickets will run out?

Golaf
15-03--2006, 05:34 PM
hopefully i should have a stall there :D

ecomamma
15-03--2006, 07:13 PM
hopefully i should have a stall there :D

selling newspapers??? :reddevil:

Golaf
15-03--2006, 07:16 PM
no, chilli sauces man

dandreamweva
15-03--2006, 11:58 PM
You're okay for tickets for a while yet....though not many early birds left.

I still don't know what your friends were going to do EcoMamma. It'd be nice to make sure they were treated fairly.

Exedous
16-03--2006, 12:13 AM
Im gonna have a party for Spikeeee me dog. He was born around the summer solstcie..so, id rather spend time with HIM, than 100's of miles away...without him...:(

So folk with dogs, are welcome to join me, im gonna organise something...closer to the time, id love it, if he was in a big pack of hippy doggys...;)

Hope you all have a fab time at the festival...hey dawn, have a grand time, and have a good stomp for me....:wiggle: :broc:

stormypagan
16-03--2006, 04:07 PM
I have three hippi dogs wanting a festival to go to too :)

blurman71
19-03--2006, 11:15 AM
Not like iam an alcoholic or anything but there seems to be no mention of a beer or cider tent, do we have to bring our own, its going to be a bit of a struggle to bring 5 days worth:rolleyes:

dandreamweva
21-03--2006, 10:48 PM
There are most definitely bars on site - selling mostly organic ales, spirits, cider and wine on tap!!

Bar Solar - The main Bar by the main stage
The Cider Bar
The Bimble Inn - Wine bar in a Tipi
The EartHeart - Selling Elixirs...

Atomik
23-03--2006, 10:51 AM
Soooo.... anybody else think they might be going?Me 'n' the wench should be going. 20 mins from home - be kinda silly not to. :D

Oh yeah, and I can pop home for a shit and a shave! :oap:

(or to dump gigs of photos down onto hard drive so I can go back and take more......)

melyn
23-03--2006, 04:41 PM
Have had a look on the website, it looks good. Will have to see if I can russle up the cash.

willowman
12-04--2006, 05:12 PM
Me 'n' the wench should be going. 20 mins from home - be kinda silly not to. :D Hey Atomik - Dreadzone are playing Sunrise - I'll look out for you down the front!

Atomik
12-04--2006, 05:22 PM
Hey Atomik - Dreadzone are playing Sunrise - I'll look out for you down the front!I'm proly going to this. But you can look out for me at the back, coz my recovering-from-being-broken ankle isn't up to much dancing.

willowman
12-04--2006, 05:27 PM
I'm proly going to that. But you can look out for me at the back, coz my recovering-from-being-broken ankle isn't up to much dancing. Sorry to hear that! :( Sending you positive healing vibes.....

Sarah
12-04--2006, 05:29 PM
:( aww its understood mate - we only live up the road and would love to come but have 2 dogs ourselves and our mate lives in his vehicle and therefore has no choice about his...i remember bein down Pilton years ago and packs of dogs running riot - as you say some owners are just plain irresponsible :( maybe the organisers could bare it in mind though for next year and arrange a doggy field ? a nice shady glade that could be fenced off - i certainly wouldn't mind working a day keeping dogs watered and exercised :)

Dready Warrior
12-04--2006, 08:37 PM
Hey Atomik - Dreadzone are playing Sunrise - I'll look out for you down the front!

looks like i might get to this after all and i'll definatly be with the bouncing crew at the front!

willowman
13-04--2006, 07:58 AM
looks like i might get to this after all and i'll definatly be with the bouncing crew at the front! We'll see you there!

starcatkel
13-04--2006, 11:33 AM
heya all
me and mark and dave are going to this one too so hope to see you all there!
will be nice to meet some of you guys seeing as we cant get to the gathering on friday - bring on june! should be excellent (if i mangage to leave the safety of the dodge that is..........):o
kels
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dready Warrior
13-04--2006, 05:14 PM
We'll see you there!

yep hopefully you will!

Dready Warrior
13-04--2006, 05:14 PM
heya all
me and mark and dave are going to this one too so hope to see you all there!
will be nice to meet some of you guys seeing as we cant get to the gathering on friday - bring on june! should be excellent (if i mangage to leave the safety of the dodge that is..........):o
kels
xxxxxxxxxxxx

wicked kel, i will come and visit you in the dodge anyway there will be no escape hehehe

stormypagan
13-04--2006, 05:57 PM
Kel, and you must get your beautiful jewellery out and get selling too!! a nice colourful rug with all your bits on, infront of Jammy :) You owe the hippy community that at least xxx Big love to you xxx

willowman
13-04--2006, 05:57 PM
wicked kel, i will come and visit you in the dodge anyway there will be no escape hehehe Ditto!:D

starcatkel
24-04--2006, 04:45 PM
aww thanks guys xxxx
i just read yr replies...
i may make some stock to take with me ---- jewellery bits - but dunno about sitting down with it....im so incrediballlyyy shy!
willowman and warrior hope to see u both!!! xxx
and stormy.. prob wont see you but will come up to cumbria one day xxx
looking forward to sunrise festi!!!! not long to go now!
(must get dodge finished to some degreeeee)
:hippy: :hippy: :hippy: :hippy:
kels
xxxxxxxxxx

stormypagan
24-04--2006, 05:10 PM
Kel xxx

Nice to see you back and thanks so much for the postcard xxxx and you name a time, and you and your man get yourselves up here to visit :D

Loads of love
Xxxx Stormy xxxX

Dready Warrior
24-04--2006, 07:23 PM
aww thanks guys xxxx
i just read yr replies...
i may make some stock to take with me ---- jewellery bits - but dunno about sitting down with it....im so incrediballlyyy shy!
willowman and warrior hope to see u both!!! xxx
and stormy.. prob wont see you but will come up to cumbria one day xxx
looking forward to sunrise festi!!!! not long to go now!
(must get dodge finished to some degreeeee)
:hippy: :hippy: :hippy: :hippy:
kels
xxxxxxxxxx

i know sunrise is getting close WAYHAY! maybe we could park up together kel? and anyone else from here who is going ecomamma, willowman? would be cool if you brought some jewellery i would love to have a look at it. :)

stardust
24-04--2006, 07:40 PM
i'll be there aswell in my lickle bus! maybe we could all get parked near eachother. would be fun!!

Dready Warrior
24-04--2006, 08:30 PM
i'll be there aswell in my lickle bus! maybe we could all get parked near eachother. would be fun!!

yes cool..... didn't realise you were going claire till i read another thread after i'd posted this message! doh :rolleyes:

starcatkel
25-04--2006, 01:14 PM
a few of us then! yeah we can try and get parked up near each other maybe? wud be cool i think we are going on the thursday...not sure yet.
well stardusts bus is not hard to miss! hehe
warrior - will bring some jewells with me i reckon - i better get making haha
k
xxxxxxxx
stormy! thanks babe - nice to see ya agin will chat soon when my typing fingers come back to me..
much love k
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

melyn
02-05--2006, 02:53 PM
Anyone know if i'll be able to buy tickets on site for this festy? (ifits not sold out that is).

Atomik
02-05--2006, 02:57 PM
It's not sold out. Tickets should be available on line.

melyn
02-05--2006, 03:01 PM
Not really able to buy online at the mo, won't have the money until closer to the festival, I wondered if they'd be selling any on the door, I looked on the website but it didn't really say anything about it.

Atomik
02-05--2006, 03:04 PM
Let me have an ask around. I know someone who works for the organisers so I'll ask if you can buy tickets through the post or something.