PDA

View Full Version : Smoothies!!

The Original Laney
15-02--2006, 11:13 AM
I just got me a blender...

Anyone know of any wonderful recipies that I can try!!

Expecially a nice breakfast one that kick starts the day and the bowel;)

Muchos thanks x

Exedous
15-02--2006, 02:20 PM
I was going to post a similar question...Hmm great minds think alike.

Will keep an eye ut for good recpies or ideas for you.

Ghost:patch:

Rae
15-02--2006, 09:16 PM
A bannana, some apple or orange juice, 1/2 mango. Mmmmmm.
Strawberries and bannana work well too, with apple juice.
Papaya and mango with pineapple juice works well- but not with heartburn.... that just hurts.

Exedous
15-02--2006, 09:20 PM
Oooo, thankee Rae...Hmmm me thinks me gonna buy lots and lots of fruit tomorrow.

Im getting tired of porrige in the morning. Im trying cous cous and figs, with whatever fruit i have...its nice, and filling.

Mmmm breakfast...mmmm smoothies...mmmmm

Rae
15-02--2006, 09:22 PM
Grapes smoothie well too, and yoghurt.

Tortrix
15-02--2006, 09:25 PM
We've got smoothie book. Some really nice ones, but some really dodgy sounding things too

Exedous
15-02--2006, 10:06 PM
We've got smoothie book. Some really nice ones, but some really dodgy sounding things too

Oh go on...do share..some of the names...

Tortrix
15-02--2006, 10:26 PM
One of the ones on the cover looks like its got noodles in it, but on closer inspection I think its strips of lemon peel

-The Lounge lizzard looks aesthetically pleasing from the tropical teasers secton

-Clear Ahed looks nice from the "good health" bit

-Power pack (the one I saw on the cover) is in the high energy smoothies....Turns out to be orange rind

PeacePiper
15-02--2006, 10:44 PM
I had a nice smoothie when I stayed in Bristol, it was made with soya yoghurt and pumpkin seeds... not quite sure what else. I'll look into it

Tortrix
15-02--2006, 11:09 PM
I wish I could find pictures of these things...You'd want to drink them no matter what they tasted like

I had a nice smoothie when I stayed in Bristol, it was made with soya yoghurt and pumpkin seeds... not quite sure what else. I'll look into it

Never really liked pumpkin that much. Doesn't have too stronger taste and I get force fed it surrounding halloween

The Original Laney
15-02--2006, 11:23 PM
I just found this website..

http://www.happyjuicer.com

Kat
16-02--2006, 12:06 PM
as for breakfasts id recommend a banana smoothie with some porridge oats mixed in, filling, delicious an dhealthy :)

wiggy
16-02--2006, 01:15 PM
I just mix up whatever i find interesting at the time - that way if its nice make it again, if it nasty drink it anyway but only the once lol

PeacePiper
16-02--2006, 03:39 PM
as for breakfasts id recommend a banana smoothie with some porridge oats mixed in, filling, delicious an dhealthy :)

I think you may have just told me my new breakfast! Cheers :)
(what do you recommend as the juice though?

Whirler
17-02--2006, 08:26 PM
Smoothies are such a good way to get loads of fruit or veg in one hit. I make a fruit smoothie every morning so I tend to go for basic stuff. Bananas are fantastic with almost everything, they add thickness to any mixture, so I'll use 1 or 2 bananas with either kiwi fruit, apricots, plums, sharon fruit etc etc. Mango is fantastic. I'll add either natural live yoghurt, or an organic fruit yoghurt (if I'm feeling naughty!), either freshly squeezed orange or from a carton, soya or rice milk. God anything really! You can add things like wheatgerm as well, and mixed ground seeds, spirulina (very very good for ya!) erm, sometimes when I remember, I'll add silken tofu, which makes it very thick but nice and creamy. You can also buy frozen summer fruits which are great for the winter.

My biggest piece of advice is just to experiment. Oh and you have to try this as a treat: Maple, banana and pecan smoothie. Blend those with some natural yoghurt (if you want) and soya/rice or oat milk, or cow's milk if you like. It's very yummy!!!! :wiggle:

Exedous
05-03--2006, 02:12 AM
Mmmm Smoothie..im gonna speak to me local grocer, see if i can get all his cast of fruit and veg.....

Yummy....

Whirler
05-03--2006, 06:18 PM
It's a good idea Ghost but the fresher the fruit the more nutritional value it has. Fruit n veg decrease in nutritional value through exposure to light and air - it's why refrigeration can improve the life of them - dark and cold.

Flibbertigibbet
05-03--2006, 06:48 PM
why refrigeration can improve the life of them - dark and cold. How do you know it is dark in there.....the light is always on when you open the door :D

spacehopper
06-03--2006, 01:06 PM
Honeydew melon and pineapple is my favourite. Add unflavoured soya yoghurt/ice cream or ordinary yoghurt/ice cream if you want it thickened up. I don't often add bananas to my smoothies as I find they overpower the other flavours.