PDA

View Full Version : woo! Just turned Vegan.

Dibdabs
16-02--2006, 02:59 PM
I've decided to have another good go at being Vegan. For me not to be vegan suddenly struck me as being very dishonest to myself and the world. I dont see anything natural about being an adult who is occasionally breast fed by other animals. It feels wrong to me.

Soo..I'm about to go vegan shopping and am going to make a vegan chocolate cake :D .

I've atempted to be vegan before now and it didn't last very long but I didn't feel the reasons behind the choice as strongly as I do now. So hopefully I'll be able to keep it up this time. :)

much love x

The Original Laney
16-02--2006, 03:01 PM
Nice one:D

Exedous
16-02--2006, 03:17 PM
Well done Dibdabs...good luck with it...there are LOTS of vegan alternatives, to choose from.

Ghost:patch:

stardust
16-02--2006, 03:20 PM
loads of luck to you!

i went vegan at new years and yesterday forgot. when one of the kids i was looking after spilt yoghurt on me i licked my hand then remembered it was milk!!

other than that i've had very few slip ups, and somewhere on this thread i posted a wikkid recipe for chocolate sauce that's made from soya marg and goes with just about anything.

feel free to pm me if you dont find it!

peace and love
stardust
xxx

stormypagan
16-02--2006, 03:58 PM
Good on you Dibdabs :D

More the merrier.... but just eating more vegan foods helps the planet and its inhabitants, even if you dont manage to go totally vegan. But I am sure your will power is strong :D

PeacePiper
16-02--2006, 04:16 PM
I dont see anything natural about being an adult who is occasionally breast fed by other animals. It feels wrong to me.

You're doing it with an honest reason :) Good luck, I'm sure you've got the willpower

moominmamma
16-02--2006, 04:42 PM
Good luck to you Dibdabs...just counted how long I've been vegan...a whole eleven days LOL:D ..........I have only had one slip, my husband passed me a slice of fruit cake he was eating one evening, and I took a big bite without thinking, other than that it's been quite easy for me as our house is dairy free anyway.

Dibdabs
16-02--2006, 05:00 PM
:D thanks everyone!

other than that i've had very few slip ups, and somewhere on this thread i posted a wikkid recipe for chocolate sauce that's made from soya marg and goes with just about anything.

Yum! I'll definately go and look for the chocolate sauce recipie. Best of luck with continuing the veganism, sounds like you've done really well so far :)

Good luck to you Dibdabs...just counted how long I've been vegan...a whole eleven days LOL:D ..........I have only had one slip, my husband passed me a slice of fruit cake he was eating one evening, and I took a big bite without thinking, other than that it's been quite easy for me as our house is dairy free anyway.

:D lol congrats on the 11 days and best of luck with the rest. It sounds as if its fairy easy at first to just eat dairy now and again accidentally without thinking. The rest of my family eat dairy and meat..so I'm gonna have to be ultra careful. I'm determind though :)

Tortrix
16-02--2006, 06:55 PM
nice one deborah. Best of luck, I'm sure you'll stick it out

wiggy
16-02--2006, 07:05 PM
YAY good luck - im sure you will be fine xxx

Joel
17-02--2006, 03:24 PM
ooh good on you, i've just turned vegan myself, im on day one, but i was really supprised at the amount of things available for vegans when i went shopping! :D

Dibdabs
17-02--2006, 08:15 PM
ooh good on you, i've just turned vegan myself, im on day one, but i was really supprised at the amount of things available for vegans when i went shopping! :D

:D yeah..there are lots of vegan options..I've tried out ricemilk which I really like..much prefer it to soya milk for some reason. haven't got around to making the chocolate cake yet though..I'll see how that goes. Oh and I tried out some vegan Icecream which was really yummy

Hope its going well for you so far:) Best of luck. I think its gonna take a bit of getting used tof or me..I'm having to keep my mind set vegan..I'm not all that relaxed about it..maybe because there are so many dairy products being used around me constantly..I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough though :)

much love xxx