PDA

View Full Version : What are your views on animals used in circuses?

S4MMY
19-02--2006, 01:32 PM
What do you think?
They should be banned or should they stay?

Whirler
19-02--2006, 03:20 PM
I dispise animals being used in the circus. Circus owners are notorious for treating their animals badly. And frankly, I find it perverse to watch animals perform tricks simply for our viewing pleasure.

Do you have a view on this Sam?

Rae
19-02--2006, 03:28 PM
Circus are evil, they don't even treat the people well let alone the poor animals.

Atomik
19-02--2006, 03:33 PM
Circus are evil:clap:

Rae
19-02--2006, 03:49 PM
http://www.captiveanimals.org/images/spikes.jpgSpikes used by a circus to control elephants. The tassels conceal the spikes in the ring.

nice people aren't they...

Gills was jailed for four months because of his sustained attacks on the elephants. Using iron bars and pitchforks he would sometimes rain down as many as 30 frenzied blows on the faces of the chained animals. Mary Cawley was convicted on twelve counts of cruelty to an infant chimpanzee called Trudy that she kicked and thrashed with a riding crop. Roger Cawley was convicted of one count of cruelty to a sick elephant called Flora. Cawley claimed he was exercising her because she was sick, but whipped her to make her go faster and faster. The Cawleys were fined but not banned from keeping animals.

Kat
19-02--2006, 05:45 PM
circuses with animals in are appalling..and unnecessary..
watching animals forced to do tricks doesnt appeal to me..

wiggy
19-02--2006, 05:47 PM
Ive never been to one and would never go to one - i dont want to see a elephant riding a bike!!! or whatever they do there.

They are sick, they normally treat the animals like crap and i wouldnt find that at all enteraining

S4MMY
19-02--2006, 06:42 PM
Do you have a view on this Sam?

I think they should be banned, its not right, they should be free in the wild where they belong!

random_spontaneosity
22-02--2006, 07:31 PM
should be banned.

moscow state circus, very talented people, come to the uk a lot, yeah great, go have a laugh and watch the amazing stuff... groovy...

go watch them in moscow in their home ring and you cannot even laugh. nothing is funny at all.

there were things like dogs doing tricks like what lots of people do anyway, but at one point the clown picked up the dog balancing on its nose...

the horses looked shit scared, my friend owns horsesand adores them to pieces and she was really angry at how they were making the horses act, they were running round and round in circles andlooked like they just wanted a gap in the ring to run out of...

there were fucking lions and tigers, that was horrible. i can see them in safari parks, maybe even zoos, but the circus, jeez.

the teacher who took us didnt realise that was going to happen so she said if they go again they wont be going... a lot of people sat outside forthe second half of the show just seeing the nets put up in the interval. beforethen there had only been dogs and people.

monkeys, bears, parrots, dogs, horses, lions, tigers, pretty sure there were sea lions too, but i might be imagining that from some sealife park...

oh, yeah, what about shows at sea life parks... ok, not so mean but still being forced to do tricks...

ive acutally gone into a weird kinda trance now and just typing whatever comes into my head.... woah...
sorry if it makes no sense.

Exedous
22-02--2006, 08:49 PM
What do you think?
They should be banned or should they stay?
Bad bad..evil and bad!!! They should be banned...the people who run them, should be locked up!!!

Circuses make me sick, they are vile and a punishment to all those creatures who in reality should be free...there is NO justifacation for thier existance.

Ghost:patch:

halfwaytothemoon
22-02--2006, 09:15 PM
going over what everyones said ,,i too think it is disgusting ,,and makes me so angry,,i wont even take my son too the circus..ever which in past years has caused trouble,,thou he understands now..:(

Alanalea
22-02--2006, 09:35 PM
I also don't agree with animals being used in the circus. But then again i don't agree with alot of the zoo's still around.

I used to live in Great Yarmouth where there's the Hippodrome Circus. They used to have Elephants, Zebras etc. Every day, if the weather was ok, all the animals were taken for a walk along the far end of the beach. The council put a stop to it because they kept on getting complaints about giant heaps of elephant poo on the sand.

Aunty Al
23-02--2006, 11:39 AM
Totally wrong, really evil. How can it be ok to even travel with animals like tigers and elephants, never mind forcing them to act against their nature doing tricks in the ring. I can't get my head round the fact that so many people still see this as an acceptable form of entertainment when I see it just a small step removed from gladiatorial combat in Rome. But if the people didn't keep going to see it, the circuses would stop doing it.

S4MMY
25-02--2006, 11:59 PM
Well, recently animal circuses have been banned down under in Australia so hopefully soon they'll be gone from here, fingers crosed theyll go.

S4MMY

Exedous
26-02--2006, 12:05 AM
Here here..:clap:

:patch: