PDA

View Full Version : Ebay and fur

wiggy
21-02--2006, 05:37 PM
I typed fur into ebay just out of interest and damn i have never seen so much - some of it is fake fur but some isnt liek this ...... eww -poor thing http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fur-Collar_W0QQitemZ7590823118QQcategoryZ106 3QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Exedous
21-02--2006, 05:44 PM
Ebay..its a hunting ground for the sick and twisted junk, that we all loathe, but somehow.....I HATE EBAY. The more crap i hear about it, the less i want to use it. You looked...you paid..You lost..Ebay!!

Ghost:patch:

wiggy
21-02--2006, 05:46 PM
Ebay is like a chairty shop but they arent a charity - i never knew they sold fur - there is so much gross.

wiggy
21-02--2006, 05:48 PM
(19/01/2006) Why I'm a Foxy Lady

Want to look beautiful, feel great and make friends in the process? Just slip on your fur coat.
There is no garment quite as beautiful as a fur coat. Or, indeed, as warm.
Comment by Mary Kenny - The Guardian 19/01/06 (http://www.guardian.co.uk/animalrights/story/0,,1689814,00.html)

Exedous
21-02--2006, 06:02 PM
Ebay is a con..IMHO....just like those blokes who say that all the tat on thier market stalls is fair trade.....

How can Ebay,say its all second hand tat, when they are buying NEW tat for the site...Hmmm.im not convinced.

Boy Anachronism
21-02--2006, 06:13 PM
I use ebay and have never had any problems. It's the same as anyplace, you just have to be careful who you deal with. However, I'm surprised they allow people to sell real fur on there. If I didn't use ebay so much, I'd bid high in all the fur auctions and then just refuse to pay for any of them...auction sabbing.... Someone wanna go for it? How about you Cromlix, since you don't use it anyway? Meanwhile, I'm gonna write a letter of complaint.

Exedous
21-02--2006, 06:33 PM
Jus had a look at the join up details, and they want my credit/debit card details.....hahahahahaha Fuck of!!! What they think i am..stupid!!

Sorry, im having nothing to do with them.

Rae
21-02--2006, 07:02 PM
Hehe good boy ghost, I used to but never log on to it now, I still window shop there though. Although I never knew they had fur.
Serious question, Why would any want to wear someone/ somethings elses skin? If you think about it literally its gross.

stardust
22-02--2006, 10:28 PM
tis quite good though that even for £7 inc. post no-one was interested in that poor silver fox. no bids and auction ended.

i know it's a bit off topic, but i'm surprised there's so much slagging off ebay here. surely it's better for the environment to buy second hand rather than new coz it's taking nothing from the planet?

i always buy off ebay and have had hardly any problems atall. am a big fan. and have never been asked for my credit card details (not that i have one!) so you must have been signing up in the wrong place ghost!!

peace and love
stardust
xxx

wiggy
22-02--2006, 10:39 PM
Good point it is better buying second hand

There are so many fur related things on there though - and alot of them are new, and they have some ivory stuff as well - ebay arent as good in my books because of that

Alanalea
22-02--2006, 10:51 PM
I use ebay alot and we've had a good few hippie-mobils off of it.
That said, if fur wasn't being sold on Ebay, it would be sold in local ads, newspapers etc.

Sunny
28-02--2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah... I remember at college I made friends with this girl who bought porcupine spines on ebay to make into roaches somehow :eek:.

I do think that ebay is generally good sometimes though. Although to be honest i've never used it - i can't understand it :o. I tend to just go to the good ol' charity shops in town.

Sunny
xxx

Chegzy
28-02--2006, 04:27 PM
I typed fur into ebay just out of interest and damn i have never seen so much - some of it is fake fur but some isnt liek this ...... eww -poor thing http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fur-Collar_W0QQitemZ7590823118QQcategoryZ106 3QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
I noticed that, can get loads of "rabbit" fur scarves from china, cant belive anyone would bid on them!
And theyre NEW - or at least the ad says so

Atomik
28-02--2006, 09:57 PM
Jus had a look at the join up details, and they want my credit/debit card details.....hahahahahaha Fuck of!!! What they think i am..stupid!!Well you're gonna have a hard time trading without giving some financial details, aintcha, bright spark? ;)

Milo
01-03--2006, 01:19 AM
i always buy off ebay and have had hardly any problems atall. am a big fan. and have never been asked for my credit card details (not that i have one!) so you must have been signing up in the wrong place ghost!!

So do you only buy from sellers who accept personal cheques?

I don't like Paypal simply because in origin it's a big phat bank from the US.

stormypagan
01-03--2006, 01:34 AM
No, I don't like the fact it is selling fur (though the link for the fur looked like an old dead animal been around for years not new hence vintage but hey still not nice) but then I don't like buying from one of the biggest butchers being Tesco... or paying taxes that fund wars and animal exploitation the world over!!

By the way I am opening an ebay shop selling stuff for the wolf in you family - you lovely dogs. And it will be practical stuff not stupid fashion crap like diamond collars. <whoops that was a good excuse for a plug>:D

wheelz
19-03--2006, 12:17 PM
I use ebay for the cars, but i find it strange that ANYONE sells fur these days.

monkey monkey
22-03--2006, 10:38 AM
Just before I moved house recently, we were looking through the old house and we found an old fur coat in a cupboard under the stairs. Nobody would wear it, for obvious reasons, and we didn't know what to do with it. We took it round town, trying our hardest to give it away.

The charity shops wouldn't take it, as part of their policy, and there were a couple of second-hand 'retro' shops that we tried to give it to (note: GIVE, not sell) but they almost threw us out of the shop. The attitude towards us was terrible. It was almost as though we'd killed the animal ourselves.

In the end, we gave it to a homeless girl, as nobody else would touch it. She accepted it willingly.

Though I wholeheartedly agree that one should never buy new fur, what are you meant to do with the old ones? Just throw them away?

Sunny
22-03--2006, 11:14 AM
Just before I moved house recently, we were looking through the old house and we found an old fur coat in a cupboard under the stairs. Nobody would wear it, for obvious reasons, and we didn't know what to do with it. We took it round town, trying our hardest to give it away.

The charity shops wouldn't take it, as part of their policy, and there were a couple of second-hand 'retro' shops that we tried to give it to (note: GIVE, not sell) but they almost threw us out of the shop. The attitude towards us was terrible. It was almost as though we'd killed the animal ourselves.

In the end, we gave it to a homeless girl, as nobody else would touch it. She accepted it willingly.

Though I wholeheartedly agree that one should never buy new fur, what are you meant to do with the old ones? Just throw them away?

I think that's a really important point... Personally I don't think anything should be wasted really. Actually, especially a fur coat in my opinion. I strongly disagree with the fur trade, but if you already have a fur coat in the house, then surely it is more respectful to the animal to actually put the fur coat to use, rather than to just chuck it away. As much as I can't stand the fur trade, I would definately rather wear an old fur coat with respect towards that animal, than to let it to go the rubbish.

Love,
Sunny
xxx

stardust
24-03--2006, 08:06 AM
if i found an old fur coat i would try and find someone who makes native american indian artifacts. these sometimes use real fur and it would be better to use an animal thats died years ago rather than trying to find a rabbit to shoot, or whatever else they do to obtain the fur.

stormypagan
25-03--2006, 05:56 PM
if i found an old fur coat i would try and find someone who makes native American Indian artifacts. these sometimes use real fur and it would be better to use an animal thats died years ago rather than trying to find a rabbit to shoot, or whatever else they do to obtain the fur.

Although, I think, with all due respect, that this is a good idea, so not to waste the life of an animal, BUT in principle it would still be wrong. as native American culture killed the animal from the wild, thanked and respected the spirit of the animal they killed and used each and every part. So I don't think a fur farmed animal would hold the same spiritual values.

It annoys me about some of these native American artifacts people make.. if it isn't from the true indigenous people, then it is likely that the animal used was domesticated and not wild, and used and abused and not at all respected. It could even be that the original values behind the killing of animals by the indigenous people of America and Canada have also been lost anyway, as these so called native American artifacts are made just for the tourists. Especially, seeing as these tribal peoples lives have been trashed, made derogatory and ghettoized :(

stardust
26-03--2006, 09:54 AM
i know people who make these artfacts from used fur though, they still bless and thank the animals for giving their lives and hold ceremonies to respect the dead animal before making it into something else. these were the people i specifically had in mind to give a fur coat to if ever i came across one!

stormypagan
26-03--2006, 06:58 PM
i know people who make these artfacts from used fur though, they still bless and thank the animals for giving their lives and hold ceremonies to respect the dead animal before making it into something else. these were the people i specifically had in mind to give a fur coat to if ever i came across one!

Fairy snuff :)