PDA

View Full Version : World News Satirical cartoon about the whole pictures and freedom of speech debate.

Spacer
22-02--2006, 11:47 AM
http://www.zipperfish.net/free/yaafm12.php

I think it's very good.

Exedous
22-02--2006, 12:03 PM
Just watched it...and im not sure. It is funny in places...but also very offensive...IMHO.

Ghost:patch:

Spacer
22-02--2006, 12:09 PM
Just watched it...and im not sure. It is funny in places...but also very offensive...IMHO.

Ghost:patch:

Oh for sure, there's some great points in it and other bits border on pure racism, but I found it very funny all the same. You have to be able to laugh at these things and still see the bigger picture.

scarlett
22-02--2006, 12:13 PM
vile,offensive...but i laughed myself silly:D

Paul
22-02--2006, 03:18 PM
About as funny as a road accident.

(ie not funny at all and an excuse for racial abuse)

scarlett
22-02--2006, 03:24 PM
did you find the life of brian offensive ?

Paul
22-02--2006, 03:30 PM
No, and I didn't find the cartoon images of Mohammed offensive either.

But I do find the stereotyping of individual ethnic groups offensive. Which, by calling all Muslims "fucking morons" is exactly what that cartoon did.

Spacer
22-02--2006, 04:50 PM
Ah lighten up, it's no more offensive than an average episode of Southpark. Bet if it was something making everyone from Texas out to be fucking morons everyone would love it.

Starke Ravinmad
22-02--2006, 10:07 PM
Is muslim bashing really racist? Arab bashing is racist, but islam is a "religion", not a race. Is Christian bashing a racist thing? Is it acceptable to say Christians are morons but not to say muslims are morons?

Boy Anachronism
22-02--2006, 11:45 PM
It's certainly not politically correct. But politicians are rarely correct, so bugger that. I thought it was hilarious.

stuoolong
23-02--2006, 06:12 PM
I wasn't offended by it, but then I'm not offended by anything. I thought it was religionist, racist whatever you want to call it, and more provocational than the original cartoons (it displayed at least one of them), but there was a bit of balance to it.
Whatever the arguments for and against free speech I reckon it's a bit irresponsible. If this was broadcast on the international media there'd be bigger riots than there are now going on.

Boy Anachronism
23-02--2006, 07:20 PM
Ah, but the important question is, would people be justified in rioting?

Rae
23-02--2006, 07:50 PM
I can see why some people could find this offensive and get a little pissed of with being called a fucking moron, yeah that would piss me off.

But it would piss me off more if that (link) was only directed at Muslims, as its not I dont find it offensive, then again I'm not religiose. I kind of think that it is one persons opinion and people should be entitled to their opinions. As for amusment factor, emmmm was ok, had its boring parts though.

Spacer
24-02--2006, 12:45 PM
Ah people in general all over the world need to lighten up. The Irish have been the butt of stupid jokes for years and we just laugh it off. No point going mad and taking it all far too seriously.

People of the world...........chill the fuck out!

wiggy
24-02--2006, 08:25 PM
Fucking hell, its all being well saying things like that to people you know but making a mockery of muslims and what stuff other people have done to them is just wrong - the people who made that are proberly gonna be in so much shite!!!!! I did laugh at little bits but a nervous laugh

Dharmamillo
02-03--2006, 03:14 PM
...hmmmmm.... i didn't laugh - i just kinda sighed now and again...:think:

was i missing something.... or was i seeing something more...?