PDA

View Full Version : Equality of looks

Duckman
01-03--2006, 01:39 AM
I have a theory that women will not date a man who is far more good looking than what she considers herself to be. Any comments?

Milo
01-03--2006, 01:50 AM
I think she might well do, but because women, (dare I generalise?), are conditoned to be hopelessly modest, they will date that bloke but with doubts, (and doubts aren't much use generally).

Exedous
01-03--2006, 01:54 AM
I no longer understand women and thier ways......
:patch:

jenni
01-03--2006, 02:02 AM
women often make no sense :insane:

i personally don't get affected by this - im content with myself as i am. but i know lots of girls who go into ultimate make-up, diet 'n vomit mode if they go out with a boy they deem to be hot.....

so yeah....that's just my age group though and we're rather notorious for being damn insecure

stormypagan
01-03--2006, 11:07 AM
I no longer understand women and thier ways......
:patch:

Well men are from Mars and Women are from Venus :D :harhar: :long: :wall: :insane:

Firinne
01-03--2006, 11:13 AM
I think even the most attractive people have self-esteem issues so what's important in a relationship isn't how attractive you are/feel but how attractive you are to your partner, if they look at you with love rather than criticism you learn to see yourself in the same way. My new partner's more attractive than I am, but rather than feeling threatened by that I just feel lucky that I'm with someone that makes me smile, and is really easy on the eyes as well :)

Firinne
01-03--2006, 11:13 AM
Well men are from Mars and Women are from

Nope, they're both from Earth :harhar:

Atomik
01-03--2006, 11:17 AM
Well men are from Mars and Women are from Venus :D :harhar: :long: :wall: :insane: Crap book. All it does is promote gender stereotyping and promote distinct gender roles in relationships. I still remember it advising that I should make sure I turn my socks the right way out so that my partner doesn't have to do it when she does the laundry. Apparently that's how a man should show consideration. Personally, I show consideration by taking equal shares in doing the laundry!

stormypagan
01-03--2006, 12:58 PM
Nope, they're both from Earth :harhar:

No, I am from planet vegan hehehe:D :harhar:

Ms. Vee
01-03--2006, 01:18 PM
Crap book. All it does is promote gender stereotyping and promote distinct gender roles in relationships. I still remember it advising that I should make sure I turn my socks the right way out so that my partner doesn't have to do it when she does the laundry. Apparently that's how a man should show consideration. Personally, I show consideration by taking equal shares in doing the laundry!

Yup, it really is an awful book. Almost as bad as 'The Rules'... I don't think I've ever felt the urge to bang my head against a wall more than when I read that. Absolutely terrible, gender-stereotyping and damn offensive to everybody.

ecomamma
01-03--2006, 01:34 PM
to the above i forgot to add my 5th daughter kel whose 14 shes just telling me off lol lol

Must be easy to forget one, when you have sooooo many:harhar: well done what a tribe....x did you ever find your friend?

sensamelia
01-03--2006, 04:22 PM
no never found him no worries

Aunty Al
01-03--2006, 07:18 PM
I have read about this in a psychology book once so I guess its an accepted theory that peole do date those who 'match' theri own attractiveness. I think that they took loads of photos of individuals who were in relationships and theri partners and got other people to score their attractiveness. They found that nearly all the couples scored the same, so if a man scored a 7, his partner would also have scored a 7.

Hannah
06-03--2006, 06:44 PM
ah wow we just did that in psychology, they did some test which suggested people always go for partners of similar attractiveness. but i dunno if you can really say that as everyone thinks different people are attractive. and theres been guys that i havent thought were good looking but still found them really attractive so i dunno how it all works, very confusing

Atomik
06-03--2006, 07:29 PM
ah wow we just did that in psychology, they did some test which suggested people always go for partners of similar attractiveness. but i dunno if you can really say that as everyone thinks different people are attractive.Maybe you could argue that people go for partners of a similar perceived attractiveness?

scarlett
06-03--2006, 07:48 PM
why do i always fall for guys with dark,hair,dark skin and brown eyes when i'm blonde haired and blue eyed ?

kaivalya
06-03--2006, 09:48 PM
I'd agree with that personally! I think its true, for everyone i think theres a kind of underlying part of human nature to find people equally attractive to you attractive for both men and women.

Aunty Al
07-03--2006, 10:40 AM
why do i always fall for guys with dark,hair,dark skin and brown eyes when i'm blonde haired and blue eyed ?
When they talk about 'matching' they don't actually mean that you look the same, just that you go for someone who is perceived as about as attractive as you are.

gothicat
07-03--2006, 12:04 PM
both my boyfriends are better looking than i am. But I do have a type. Long hair, slighty furry faced, tall and geeky.

Minwah
07-03--2006, 12:12 PM

I always go for brunette girls...not sure if that is by unconcious choice or just that blondes don't like me! :whistle:

I think Duckman has a point for some women. And for that matter the same for some men.

Hannah
07-03--2006, 11:31 PM
i dont have a type but then when it comes to guys i dont understand myself at all so ah whatever, i do love long curly hair though