PDA

View Full Version : pagan moot in Leeds

rohan wood
03-03--2006, 05:05 PM
hi i don't know how many ppl on here would call themselves pagan but i help run a moot in Leeds and if any one wants to come they are very welcome it is a Pagan Network moot but it open to anyone open minded and fun! ppl come from crystal forums i am on too, any new faces welcome
(:hippy: :D :whistle: :harhar: :p :cool: :eek::) :angel: :insane: if you are any of these come along)

If you are interested it is the third Saturday of the month @
Revolution Bar,
Call Lane
Leeds
1pm onwards if you don't know how to get there we meet ppl from 12.30 at the train station so meet us there !!
well this months is the 15th so come along!!

Atomik
03-03--2006, 05:07 PM
Make sure you get all your dodgy wiccan buddies posting on our forums. :D

Sunny
03-03--2006, 05:36 PM
What's a moot? :o

Sunny
xxx

Atomik
03-03--2006, 05:38 PM
It's what pagans call meetings to make them sound more olde worlde and pagan ;)

scarlett
03-03--2006, 07:28 PM
well, if we are bigging up our local pagan gatherings....

Pagan Federation Devon & Cornwall Spring Conference

Saturday 11th March 2006, at Penstowe Manor, Kilkhampton, Bude.

Speakers -

Friday Night Music with DAMH THE BARD + film screening

saturday-

JENNY BLAIN - Seidr & Heathenry
RUFUS HARRINGTON - The Golden Dawn & Ritual Magick
MARION GREEN - Practical Magic
JASON SEMMENS - West Country Witchcraft & Cunning Folk

Saturday Night - music & dancing with BAGAS DEGOL

Stalls, Raffle, Competition - "Come as your favourite Deity"

:wiggle: see you there if you are going :wiggle:

wednesday
03-03--2006, 08:13 PM
(:hippy: :D :whistle: :harhar: :p :cool: :eek::) :angel: :insane: if you are any of these come along)

i'd like to come along, see if i can get time off work

rohan wood
03-03--2006, 09:09 PM
it would be ace to see you there :woohoo:

stuoolong
04-03--2006, 09:06 PM
Hi Rohan Wood

I'm probably a bit too practical really to call myself as Pagany type, although I know some! So I'll stick it in me diary as a may-come-along-to-be-sociable thing.

Strange venue though. Intriguing. :harhar: Maybe see you there. I'll tell a few others. Thanks for the invite.

Stuart :):angel:

Edit: Crystally people you say...do you know Mario? Runs a shop near the City Varieties?

rohan wood
05-03--2006, 12:33 AM
Edit: Crystally people you say...do you know Mario? Runs a shop near the City Varieties?
yer i do you should see there forum it is quite kool http://globalcrystals.com/forum/
It would be ace if you could drop by to my moot!
oh and the venue we all have cards that give us cheap drinks and buy1get1free meals so it seemed the place to be as half the members are students.
hope to see ya there:grin: :woohoo:

Hawke
13-03--2006, 07:34 PM
I'm a regular at this moot and it's very good :-D Soon to be even better O:-) :-P All those who can should come along :-D

gothicat
13-03--2006, 08:04 PM
I was a regular, im pondering returning once work calms down..maybe next month as i wont be here this month

(although wages are looking a little tight for april :()

rohan wood
13-03--2006, 08:11 PM
come any way you know i am going to nag you kitty i will buy you your drinks the April is my crystal talk i need moral support

gothicat
13-03--2006, 08:18 PM
Oh I am planning on coming..

rohan wood
13-03--2006, 08:28 PM
you better or there will be trouble :harhar:

gothicat
13-03--2006, 08:39 PM
yeah you and who's army :harhar::reddevil:

rohan wood
14-04--2006, 04:10 PM
HEY PEOPLE
MY MOOT IS TOMORROW AT:

Revolution Leeds
48 Call Lane
Leeds
LS1 6DT

From 1pm onwards. We are good fun and have intersting talks and stuff all the time. (there is a moot Tomorrow with a talk on crystals- by me i am bring all of mine in so every one can have a play)

Feel free to pop along even if it's only for a little while. And as an added incentive, the food is two for one from 3pm till 7pm, and the drinks are considerably cheaper courtesy of peoples privilege cards.

Hawke
14-04--2006, 08:49 PM
I shall be there :D Should be most excellent...

Coyote
14-04--2006, 09:11 PM
HEY PEOPLE
MY MOOT IS TOMORROW AT:

Revolution Leeds
48 Call Lane
Leeds
LS1 6DT

From 1pm onwards. We are good fun and have intersting talks and stuff all the time. (there is a moot Tomorrow with a talk on crystals- by me i am bring all of mine in so every one can have a play)

Feel free to pop along even if it's only for a little while. And as an added incentive, the food is two for one from 3pm till 7pm, and the drinks are considerably cheaper courtesy of peoples privilege cards.

You off to Thornborough for Beltane?

rohan wood
14-04--2006, 09:15 PM
really want to but i cant drive and it is a nightmare to get to if you cant you going??

Coyote
15-04--2006, 11:01 AM
really want to but i cant drive and it is a nightmare to get to if you cant you going??

Oh yes (well, assuming the weather isnt too soggy!) :)

bingo21
17-04--2006, 01:31 PM
You off to Thornborough for Beltane?

if your going to thornborugh henge then check out beltainia at the new stone circle being built at north alerton there is a full weekend of music to help raise money for the new stone circle,we at shamania will be there at both sites over the weekend

to satori and beyond

rohan wood
17-04--2006, 01:36 PM
wow a new stone circle that is the best idea ever do you have a link to any info on it i would love to get involved sounds ace

Atomik
17-04--2006, 01:43 PM
Yuck yuckety yuck yuck yuck!!!! I hate the idea of new stone circles! No atmosphere or sense of antiquity and mystery. Half the fun of stone circles is lying their wondering who built them and why. Each to their own I suppose!

rohan wood
17-04--2006, 02:02 PM
i think i like the idea so much because people think of these sites as so priceless or delicate that people can not use them for the purpose they seem to be for. In making a new one we can see the glory of it new and really use it. It would be a monument to the new people who are following the same ideas as the people who made the them to begin with, and it would be a centre for moden UK nature based faith. I LOVE IT

Atomik
17-04--2006, 02:06 PM
it would be a monument to the new people who are following the same ideas as the people who made them to begin withThat's a problem right there though and another reason why I'm not at all sure about building new monuments. We don't really know anything about the ideas of the people who built them. We can hazard a couple of vague guesses, but that's about it. Anything else is purely speculation.

Still, nothing against people building 'em if they want to. They're just not my thing. I have a passion for old stuff, so new stuff just doesn't float my boat.

rohan wood
17-04--2006, 02:12 PM
fairy snuff :flower:

gothicat
17-04--2006, 03:03 PM
Yuck yuckety yuck yuck yuck!!!! I hate the idea of new stone circles! No atmosphere or sense of antiquity and mystery. Half the fun of stone circles is lying their wondering who built them and why. Each to their own I suppose!

If they dont do a "made by" stone, you could think of ppl in 100 yrs time wondering how it was made lol

Purusha
17-04--2006, 03:21 PM
Could be worth you mentioning it on the Cabbage forum...

Coyote
17-04--2006, 03:27 PM

Personally, as a rather odd flavour of pagan, I dont actually like stone circles (as they were made by agrarian pagans not hunter-forager pagans; and as such are connected with oppressive control of labour in their construction (you'd need rigid discipline and a power elite to organise their building)).

Which of course works with some flavours of pagan but not me :)

Thornborough however looks to be a damn Beltaine celebration (even if the stone circle seems anachronistic to the general chaos of the celebration)....

bingo21
18-04--2006, 04:58 PM
Could be worth you mentioning it on the Cabbage forum...

ive tried to register but it seems to kick me out every time i put the code in ?

as for the idea of a new circle all i can say is they were all new once.

all the stone is been moved by sled up a very steep hill so there lots of effort going into the whole project,and by the way we are not talking about small stones here they stand at least 10ft tall the last one to be put in place took 30 people to get it there.

ill try and get some picys of the site together and put them up

bingo21
18-04--2006, 05:01 PM
wow a new stone circle that is the best idea ever do you have a link to any info on it i would love to get involved sounds ace

if you wish to be involved in any way contact ade@shamania.com im sure he will piont you in the right direction

Purusha
18-04--2006, 06:07 PM
ive tried to register but it seems to kick me out every time i put the code in ?

Just tried registering a new account and it seems to work OK.

You could just give me your details via email and I'll set it your account up for you.

Chegzy
25-04--2006, 12:31 PM
open to anyone open minded and fun! any new faces welcome

Hiya, when is the next one?

Hawke
25-04--2006, 02:09 PM
Hiya, when is the next one?

Beating Rohan to the punch here - but the next moot is the 20th of May :) Annoyingly, I'll probably be stuck at Uni due to evil exams but it looks like it'll be a good one :D

Chegzy
27-04--2006, 11:57 AM
20th may, cool
so do you still meet people at the train station?

sensamelia
27-04--2006, 12:28 PM
thanks rohan for the link to global tribe ive just ordered some nag champa
cant get it up here

rohan wood
30-04--2006, 05:03 PM
20th may, cool
so do you still meet people at the train station? yep we do from 12.30 till 1pm if you are going to be earlier then let me know and i will be there for then.

rohan wood
24-05--2006, 12:13 PM
http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/LeedsMoot/

this is a link to our photobuket from the moot

Hawke
24-05--2006, 12:18 PM
http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/LeedsMoot/

this is a link to our photobuket from the moot

Jeez, some of the older pictures of me are really quite bad :happydanc