PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon develops brain implants to turn sharks into military spies

Ms. Vee
03-03--2006, 08:44 PM
I read this in the newspaper yesterday (http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article348700.ece).

It reminds me of Austin Powers... "sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"

You know something is very wrong when it reminds you of something from a movie...

Boy Anachronism
04-03--2006, 04:45 PM
Damnit, I was just about to post a link to the same story on the BBC website http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4767428.stm

I think this is horrible, truly horrible. Humans next? Or has that already happened?

Exedous
04-03--2006, 05:44 PM
Hahahaha, i dont know whether to lauh or cry....its sickening, but for some reason, it also makes me laugh, the military, using sharks. Hmmm..;)

:patch:

Sunny
04-03--2006, 05:55 PM
Urgh, I really don't like that :(. It's manipulative to say the least...

random_spontaneosity
04-03--2006, 06:00 PM
has none of them watched 'deepblue sea'?

Rae
04-03--2006, 08:49 PM
Oh I see this turning out well, when a shark turns around and bites someone and then is shot or whatever, as it WILL (in their minds) be the sharks fault, poor sod's. And I dont even like sharks, they scare the shit out of me.

Marlboro
05-03--2006, 07:49 AM
Alright, this doesn't make sense.. if they were to use Sharks as Military Spies, why on Earth would they tell the world that? It's cruel to the sharks, but I reckon it is a smokescreen for something a lot bigger...

scarlett
05-03--2006, 12:30 PM
the sharks can spy on the dolphins that are trained to plant bombs:whistle:

Sunny
07-03--2006, 08:40 PM
Personally I wouldn't have so much of a problem with the training of sharks, if they weren't actually putting electronic brain implants. The sheer manipulation of it is horrible. If they are influencing the animals' movements, then they certainly (as far as i can see) won't be able to use the excuse that they are able to look further into the natural behaviour of sharks, because it won't be natural behaviour.
Hmm... reading back, it doesn't look like they're looking at the natural behaviour at all actually anyway. Christ it really looks like torture... "remote controlled sharks". It also says about the scientists being easily able to tire them out, and are interested in how it affects their health. It just sounds like a laboratory test set into the wild...
sorry if i repeated myself, really tired!

Love sunny
xxx

Golaf
15-03--2006, 06:44 PM
bloody americans