PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious

Boy Anachronism
02-10--2005, 01:40 AM
A meat eater said to me a few days ago:

"Vegetarianism is bad, because if everybody turned veggie then the farmers couldn't afford to keep the animals so they'd kill them all."

Claerie
02-10--2005, 09:30 AM
Yeh I get variations on that one all the time...

We can only allow animals on our planet that serve us apparently:rolleyes:

Atomik
02-10--2005, 09:32 AM
Makes you wonder how animals ever survived before we started eating 'em, dunnit?

beautiful_day
06-10--2005, 03:31 PM
Call me stupid....but what would happen to the animals?:eek:

Atomik
06-10--2005, 03:33 PM
Call me stupid....but what would happen to the animals?:eek:It's not an issue since the whole world's not about to go vegetarian overnight.

stormypagan
06-10--2005, 05:40 PM
Call me stupid....but what would happen to the animals?:eek:

They would die out naturally and not be replaced as the only reason there are the quantities is coz folk want to eat/exploit them. I expect a few would be kept as examples like rare breed farms.

My belief is that all domesticated animals should be allowed to die out naturally and only have wild animals. But that is an exstreme animal rights view based on the belief that then there would be little or no exploitation of non-human animals for human animals benefit.

PeacePiper
08-10--2005, 04:06 PM
Call me stupid....but what would happen to the animals?

Well the sheep wouldn't die out, it's not as if people are gonna start using the tops of hills for anything so they'll be fine

Pigs would probably die out (except for the odd bunch hiding in small woods?) but cows would rpobably survive unless we evicted them from the fields (but then where would they go? towns? mountains? under bridges? maybe they'd learn to swim and become native hippo-style things), you can't just kick the animals out and so they'd probably redevelop a natural balance

Dapablo
08-10--2005, 11:55 PM
They'd all get eaten by the wolves.

Claerie
11-10--2005, 05:27 PM
They would die out naturally and not be replaced as the only reason there are the quantities is coz folk want to eat/exploit them. I expect a few would be kept as examples like rare breed farms.

My belief is that all domesticated animals should be allowed to die out naturally and only have wild animals. But that is an exstreme animal rights view based on the belief that then there would be little or no exploitation of non-human animals for human animals benefit.

seems reasonable to me