PDA

View Full Version : Declawing

wiggy
17-03--2006, 11:31 AM
It is still common in america and canada

WTF bloody people are so fucked up that they want to have their cats claws removed!! I have read up about it and its horrible - if I knew anyone that 'needed' it done I would have a few words to say to them. Why do people do it? anyone know?

scarlett
17-03--2006, 11:37 AM
i presume it is to stop their fashion accessory animals from destroying their colour co-ordinated furniture and wallpaper:mad:

i'm sure i read years ago that elton john had something done to his guard dogs vocal cords to stop it from barking !

wiggy
17-03--2006, 11:40 AM
Why do people stop them doing whats natural. We have taken all the other natural things they want to do away from them now we are taking their claws, voice boxs. pathetic

Im gonna have a look uo about the elton john thing

Atomik
17-03--2006, 11:42 AM
i'm sure i read years ago that elton john had something done to his guard dogs vocal cords to stop it from barking !More likely to stop it yowling in terror every time it saw one of his outfits. :D

Sunny
17-03--2006, 12:17 PM
More likely to stop it yowling in terror every time it saw one of his outfits. :D

Hehehe :grin:

Ugh, declawing is horrible though. I remember when my dad started suggesting declawing Fuzzypegs because she scratches the carpets in the house. I seem to remember going on a 'being resonable to dad strike' and causing all sorts of problems in the house until he finally said he wouldn't do such a thing....
I can't bear the thought of it! Cats rely on their claws for so many things! It is almost like chopping somebody's fingers off.. It is disgusting when people become to manipulative towards animals, that they even strip 'their' animals of their most simple and natural qualities.

I reckon they're jealous of such fine claws.

Love,
Sunny
xxx

Whirler
17-03--2006, 08:10 PM
Because people are far superior to animals and therefore have the right to do absolutely anything to them.

Wankers.

stardust
18-03--2006, 04:53 PM
i cant even imagine how agonisingly annoying it would be to have an itch in a really uncomfy place and not be able to scratch it!

wiggy
18-03--2006, 05:02 PM
I decided to email a person who has alot of dogs and basically be-barks them if they are noisy, the responce was amazing basically us brits are cruel.

I asked what type of dog barks all the time - because maybe there is an american breed that does - but i havent come across one!!!!

Its horrible

Ms. Vee
18-03--2006, 10:27 PM
I can't believe that people who claim to 'love' their pets would do something like this to them. I can imagine a declawed cat becoming very depressed and resentful - I know mine would, as her claws and what she can do with them are her main source of entertainment. Also, you wouldn't be able to let the cat outdoors because it would have no way of defending itself against attacks from other cats.

People really are selfish wankers.

monkey
27-03--2006, 08:02 PM
I agree and think its just so sick to want to declaw an animal. It must be hideous to watch the poor kittys trying to climb stuff initially untill they realise they cant :( There must be a lot of very depressed cats in the U.S