PDA

View Full Version : My photography

GreenBird
02-10--2005, 10:14 PM
Hi, Well i posted this at hipforums in the UK bit but Doktor Atomik kindly informed me everyone had moved! (thankyou) I already knew that but I don't know, it must be all this red wine I've been drinking making me dumb. :drunk: haha
Anyway I've put some of my photography up in my gallery, it'd be great if you could have a look and tell me what you think. Thanking you muchly x:thumbup:

Boy Anachronism
02-10--2005, 10:17 PM
Wow, I'm really liking them. Very haunted looking. What were you trying to capture in particular?

Atomik
02-10--2005, 10:24 PM
I really like them. Very evocative.

GreenBird
02-10--2005, 10:30 PM
Wow, I'm really liking them. Very haunted looking. What were you trying to capture in particular?

thanks! i was trying to capture a different view of the area. It's the Norfolk Broads which can get crowded in summer with tourists and stuff, so I wanted to show a different side to them-the parts the tourists don't see, a more mysterious side. And yay I wanted them to look kind of haunted! I had to go out on a cold misty morning in winter to get some of them though! brrr ...

Atomik
02-10--2005, 10:31 PM
Is photography a hobby, or is it something you're studying?

GreenBird
02-10--2005, 10:43 PM
Is photography a hobby, or is it something you're studying?

I studied it at A level but now its just a hobby! Haven't done much recently though, I think I'm having photographers block- if thats possible? :frust: heh heh

Atomik
02-10--2005, 10:53 PM
Ooooh, I can't imagine that! I'll point a lense at anything I will!

http://www.ukhippy.com/gallery/files/3/IMG_2794.jpg

Whirler
02-10--2005, 10:53 PM
Wow I saw those before I saw this thread and thought they were just pictures that you really liked, didn't realise you took them! I really really like them.....

Kat
03-10--2005, 12:18 AM
you know what's sad?
I know that green/cream cup is from Poole Pottery...
good phptos though:broc:

Atomik
03-10--2005, 08:58 AM
you know what's sad?
I know that green/cream cup is from Poole Pottery...Shhhhhhhhh!!!! :whistle:

Dandy
03-10--2005, 10:26 AM
They are really specailly photographs! Very atmospheric, where are they taken and what do the places mean to you - if they mean anything at all!

What other photographers are you inspired by?

GreenBird
03-10--2005, 01:23 PM
They are really specailly photographs! Very atmospheric, where are they taken and what do the places mean to you - if they mean anything at all!

What other photographers are you inspired by?

Thankyou Dandy! I took the photos at various places on the Norfolk Broads which is quite a special area to me. Despite being a tourist attraction I have always found the area to be very inspiring and beautiful. I tried to take these to show a different side to the Norfolk Broads that tourists see- a more mystical,beautiful place.
With these photographs I feel that Peter Henry Emerson inluenced me most but landscape/nature painters also inspire me.

stormypagan
03-10--2005, 02:21 PM
As someone else said very haunting photos :0) They are very beautiful almost sad too but not in a bad way. You have a great talent :0)