PDA

View Full Version : Any advice?

Dan
24-03--2006, 06:43 PM
my friend constantly picks on me cos I'm vegetarian any good come backs or reasons?

Tortrix
24-03--2006, 07:05 PM
Doesn't sound too friendly. You've taken your path so they should be supporting you not putting you down.
Take them to a battery farm-lock them in a cupboard feeding them GM corn- call them a tosser.

Sorry, not very useful. I just think its very mean of them

PeacePiper
24-03--2006, 09:25 PM
Sounds like a sad moron to me! I don't know anyone that pathetic to take the piss out of it. Maybe he needs a slap? May not go down so well with someone so foolish though...

Paul
25-03--2006, 12:30 AM
any good come backs or reasons?
Do you need to explain your reasons?

I really believe most people feel some conscience about meat eating but don't like to admit it to themselves. Turning it around makes them feel better.

Ignore him, he'll get bored in the end.

Whirler
25-03--2006, 10:14 AM
Show him some really nasty pictures of factory farmed animals and ask him why he eats meat. :reddevil:

Dan
27-03--2006, 04:19 PM
hehe the farm food pics is a nice idea but he eats free range so :( no nothing wrong with him hes a great mate just he doesnt see it from a logical perspective i mean it tastes so great so why not eat it hes used many philosiphy and logical arguments against me and he is intelligent so just because of his stance dont slag him off i just need strategys to beat him down once and for all with words!!!

Whirler
27-03--2006, 04:44 PM
So why are you vegetarian? That's a good place to start.....

Flibbertigibbet
28-03--2006, 06:52 PM
my friend constantly picks on me cos I'm vegetarian any good come backs or reasons?

Well forget he veggie theme he aint your friend if he picks on you

monkey
29-03--2006, 08:40 AM

Ignore him or throw carrots at him whenever he says anything!!! :harhar:

downstream
29-03--2006, 11:10 AM
I'd just say to him that you respected his choice to eat meat and it would be nice if he respected your choice to be vegetarian. Friends repect each other. Constantly picking on someone is a form of bullying. Ask him if he thinks of himself as a bully. It's obviously getting you down or you wouldn't have asked for advice, so would telling him that what he is saying upsets you or would it make matters worse? If he's as intelligent as you say he is he should know better. I think he's lucky to have someone as tolerant as you as a friend Dan.

Exedous
29-03--2006, 11:15 AM
Ignore him or throw carrots at him whenever he says anything!!! :harhar:
:clap:
:patch:

Dan
30-03--2006, 02:09 PM
thanks guys! *big hugs!* ye ive tried saying your bullying me and he gets embarrased and shuts up generally but he still makes comments any philosphical arguments to fell his meaty sillyness! lol no puns n im not gay!