PDA

View Full Version : where babies come from...

Ms. Vee
27-03--2006, 01:31 PM
When you were little where did you believe babies came from? And how did you find out the icky truth? And, if you have children, what do you tell them when they start asking?

I sort of always remember there being something called "sex" involved... but I wasn't totally sure what it was.

Then when I was about 8, my friend brought a science book into school which had diagrams of sex in all it's glory. I remember we were all very amused by it all. Somehow I got the idea that willy went up mary, grew really long like a snake and touched the lungs, heart, liver and all other organs. Then nine months later a baby would be in the woman's belly. Me and my friends then formed a secret group called the Sex Club (yes, I know - :eek: ) where we would giggle about how gross and icky it all seemed.

Atomik
27-03--2006, 01:37 PM
Nice try. But we all know they're delivered by the stork. :harhar:

Exedous
27-03--2006, 01:46 PM
When you were little where did you believe babies came from?
I sort of always remember there being something called "sex" involved... but I wasn't totally sure what it was.

Im STILL not sure about it.....:harhar:

Ms. Vee
27-03--2006, 04:18 PM
Nice try. But we all know they're delivered by the stork. :harhar:

But then where do the storks get the babies from???
And who delivers the baby storks??

:insane:

jenni
27-03--2006, 05:16 PM
i always thought that when mummy and daddy got married and they hugged, then god would give them a baby just like that.....:rolleyes:

i don't remember how i found out, but i know i gave my older brother 'the talk' when i was seven....:p

Chazz
27-03--2006, 07:19 PM
I guess I was about 9 when my sister explained the part "willy's" play in all this.

No idea what I thought before, don't think I believed that Stork stuff until Dok convinced me just now

wiggy
27-03--2006, 08:05 PM
I cant really remember - i wish I could because that would have been an amsuing story lol

I do remember sneaking a peek at books - until the teacher caught me and told me of!! (she was old and stuff though) good days

I think we should be so much more open to sex and sexual things - look at other countrys and their pregnancy rates etc are so much lower.

The Original Laney
27-03--2006, 08:38 PM
I always thought they came from Tesco :eek:

Atomik
27-03--2006, 09:11 PM
I always thought they came from Tesco :eek:That's jelly babies, muppet. :harhar:

The Original Laney
27-03--2006, 09:12 PM
Bugger me!! :eek:

Atomik
27-03--2006, 09:13 PM
Bugger me!! :eek:I thought you'd never ask! :sex:

There goes another thread.....

:rip:

The Original Laney
27-03--2006, 09:17 PM
:weed:

phil
28-03--2006, 09:12 AM
Dont the CSA have them all in storage!?

Fleassy
28-03--2006, 09:02 PM
i think i kind of always knew it was about sex. i knew what sex was from a very young age, and i knew about penis's and ejaculation from an even younger age unfortunatly.

the question i used to ask all the time as a kid was "daddy tell me about everything"

"where would you like me to start hunny?"

"daddy.. where do... tshirts come from??"

true story i used to ask that one a lot, along with "whats in blood" and other strange questions....

...ah dear :S

Whirler
29-03--2006, 08:49 AM
I always thought they came from Tesco :eek:That's weird, I always thought they came from the Co-op!

Fleassy
30-03--2006, 12:12 AM
well i was as asda price baby *slaps earth whirlers bum*

Roach
30-03--2006, 05:24 PM
The stork brings them, and its true i've seen proof!

If it was on a Bugs Bunny cartoon it MUST be true! :D

Tortrix
07-04--2006, 10:54 PM
there is an egg in mummy and when something from daddy finds it, it'll turn into a baby...quite boring hey. The truth but not quite as graphic

I think maybe finding my dad's "magazines" when I was 5 might have given me a clue (I don't think he liked me for that one when my mum made him throw them away after)

pikey
09-04--2006, 04:18 PM
Reet...As a weee one i always remember goin in2 the supermarket with my mar and remember lookin up on the first asle.... on the top shelf there were always huge boxes of nappies think they were pampers...an on the old skool boxes they used 2 put a picture of a babies face boy or girl....... i often wondered what was inside and maybe thats wot happend...our folks bought us from the supermarket....LOL

And as 4 telling my children (both girls...7yrs and 3 yrs).... i believe being honest is the best way....i cant be bothered with all this stork business.... my chidren know with out me goin in2 huge detail that mommy's and daddy's make babies....The older of the 2 obviously knows more than my younger 1.....but i'm sure as she gets older 2 then she'll ask more questions...... I have a very honest open relationship with my kidz.....in fact with my whole family.....I however do think u have 2 be carefull how u explain things.......

xxx

Enigma_rising
23-04--2006, 09:25 PM
i have no idea when i found out, was probably about 8, thats how old i was when my bro was born....i remember feeling really surprised because i didnt know i had another hole down there, lol

when i was four the boy next door kept trying to make me touch his willy tho... he was also four, and he allways wanted me to take my dress off and stuff....was v.confused and freaked by this so i cant have known then. it worries me looking back now cos he must have been getting the ideas for that from somewhere. :(

Lady_Fantasy
27-04--2006, 09:47 AM
I wasn't aware of the mechanics even after my twin brothers were born. My mum told me a story that when one of my cousins was born a year after my brothers, I was asking where the other baby was and was frantically looking everywhere for it ...awww
I do remember asking my dad though, and he said, daddy and mummy kiss and daddy gives mummy his seeds...and then a baby comes out of mummys tummy...
i dont know if i ever asked why i got two baby brothers at once...maybe daddy gave mummy too many of his seeds:eek:

Karaboudjan
03-05--2006, 04:26 AM
I'm not sure really, to be honest I don't think I even thought about it :o

Chegzy
03-05--2006, 09:03 AM
i remember my little brother asking about sex, walking through the school car park after being picked up from school and going "Mammy whats SEX?"
Me mam replied with "when a man and a woman love eachother and sleep with eachother" - how vague can you get.
so little bro replies to that with "oh well me and cheryl have done that loads of times!"
Being a little pre-teen at the time i was horrified and took it upon myself to tell him it was ..."when a bloke stuk his willy in a lady's fanny" - pretty vague aswell i know

so that pretty much sorted out the problem, you could of imagined the conversations that would have been going through the school yard the next day

Aunty Al
03-05--2006, 09:12 AM
I remember being told that God put a baby in mummy's tummy that grew til it was old enough to be born. I also remember causing havoc at sunday school cos that explanation left dad's out of the whole process so what was so special about Mary having Jesus?

Ms. Vee
03-05--2006, 09:13 AM
I remember being told that God put a baby in mummy's tummy that grew til it was old enough to be born. I also remember causing havoc at sunday school cos that explanation left dad's out of the whole process so what was so special about Mary having Jesus?

Hahaha, how did the sunday school teachers wriggle their way out of that one then?

s0ck
03-05--2006, 10:08 AM
i remember honestly believing babies came from cabbage patches. till I was about 5 when all the older kids in teh street would tell us about sex n all the funny dirty details. but my mother never hid the truth . I remember looking at books when i was very small that explained sex and procreation etc. But otherwise cabbage patches.

When I was abouy 6 my brother told me that if you look in the microwave when somethings cooking then you'll get pregnant, I beleived him.

Aunty Al
03-05--2006, 02:09 PM
Hahaha, how did the sunday school teachers wriggle their way out of that one then?
As I asked during the final rehearsal for the nativity play (I was the narrator cos I was good at reading, they said), I think they just said that I should ask me mum. Then mum got all upset when I asked her and she said something really lame I think without answering the question.

Marlboro
03-05--2006, 06:36 PM
I never asked my parents where they came from, I learnt it in Elementary School when I was like 6-7. By the time sex education came around, everyone already knew what it was, so I didn't much see the point..

tiger
08-05--2006, 09:25 AM
Here in Belgium of course the story of the stork goes as well..
but also some people say baby's are born out of cauliflowers:D
and if in a family one child looks a bit odd..
they jokingly say..is it from the postman??or milkman:harhar:

Tiger

Coyote
08-05--2006, 09:36 AM
I remember my mum starting to give me "the talk" when I was bout 9 and I just turned round and said "already know ta". She looked kind of shocked :D:reddevil:

I was always pretty good at active research :D:whistle:

Barefoot_Surfer
08-05--2006, 10:31 AM
they jokingly say..is it from the postman??or milkman:harhar:

Tiger

I wonder just how much truth is behind that :whistle:
lol
Matt

Ms. Vee
08-05--2006, 10:32 AM
I wonder just how much truth is behind that :whistle:
lol
Matt

Like that episode of Father Ted, with the milkman and all the hairy babies.... :D

scarlett
08-05--2006, 10:58 AM
my dad always said mother took too much of an interest in our hippy insurance man;)

Dolly Incapax
11-05--2006, 12:10 PM
I used to think that the man put his willy in the girls belly button to have sex! Hahaha the shame!!!! I don't know how I found out the truth really. I think it was my old friend Tanya, who seemed to know these things.
~x~

sensamelia
11-05--2006, 02:39 PM
i thought that dad put a seed in the mums belly button and a baby grew inside
like a flower seed ya get out of a packet
dont know when i found out but mum died when i was ten so it was my dad who gave me the talk and the periods talk but cant remember the age

Dapablo
12-05--2006, 11:18 PM
Countryside kids seem a lot more clued up on what is what, remember my kids telling me all about it years ago now. Sure I was naieve for a few years, might of been my little sister who gave me the lowdown, then she's always been a bit forward in those matters. :)

Dolly Incapax
12-05--2006, 11:21 PM
Countryside kids seem a lot more clued up on what is what, remember my kids telling me all about it years ago now. Sure I was naieve for a few years, might of been my little sister who gave me the lowdown, then she's always been a bit forward in those matters. :)

Eh? Did I read that right?!

~x~

Dapablo
14-05--2006, 05:46 PM
Eh? Did I read that right?!

~x~

LOL :D no not really. :vomit:

Dan
15-05--2006, 02:40 PM
When a man sits down on a chair and warms it up and then a woman sits down on it after him, nine months later a baby comes out of her-FACT

starpoi
22-05--2006, 02:11 AM
I didn't know until sex education at school
I asked before that but no one would tell me
I did think for a while that when a woman puts on her wedding ring, the body knows that she's married and so she magically gets pregnant. This theory was short lived when I met a girl who's parents weren't married.

Atomik
22-05--2006, 08:20 AM
I didn't know until sex education at school
I asked before that but no one would tell me
I did think for a while that when a woman puts on her wedding ring, the body knows that she's married and so she magically gets pregnant. This theory was short lived when I met a girl who's parents weren't married.Ah, but perhaps the mother had been naughty and indulged in some pre-marital ring wearing. ;)

Rae
22-05--2006, 01:22 PM
Babies come from too much alcohol, don't they?

Dan
22-05--2006, 03:46 PM
Awwww! That's so cute Starpoi!

Rook
22-05--2006, 06:58 PM
Dont the CSA have them all in storage!?

Genius!!