PDA

View Full Version : Gay Marriage

Ms. Vee
30-03--2006, 07:43 PM
For those who are gay/lesbian/bi, do you think you would be likely to marry or consider marriage (or a 'civil partnership', I guess to use the correct term) at some point?

Fleassy
30-03--2006, 08:04 PM
If i loved someone deep enough that i wanted to shout it to the world and celebrate our love... i would.

I dont particuarly see myself needing a piece of paper that dedicated myself to anyone for the rest of my life... just because...

...people change *shrug*

Maybe one day, certainly not any time soon

stardust
31-03--2006, 08:50 AM
i think i would be very unlikely to go down that route, but if at any point i found myself with someone i was unquestionably going to spend the rest of my life with, i might consider it only on the grounds that if i didn't she might not get everything she should after i die. i dont know how things like pensions etc work and i dont have one anyway, but if i did then i would want her to be treated equally to any husband or wife and get her fair share of everything that is mine, and if having a civil partnership was the only way of acheiving that then thats what i would do.

Kat
02-04--2006, 09:33 PM
my sister got engaged to her girlfriend a couple of weeks ago:happydanc im gonna be a bridesmaid :)

Whirler
04-04--2006, 07:46 PM
Do you have to wear dungarees Kat? :eek:

I'll get me coat.....:o

The Original Laney
04-04--2006, 08:01 PM
Do you have to wear dungarees Kat? :eek:

I'll get me coat.....:o

:greenlol:

onelove
04-04--2006, 09:15 PM
No. Personally I don't see the point in any kind of marriage whether its gay straight, whatever. What does love have to do with the government?

I have never fancied getting married but was put off even more when I found out that it's a contract between you, your partner and the commonwealth. I assume (?) its the same sort of deal with the civil partnerships.

Me and my partner have discussed the idea of a simple blessing with no government involvement and maybe in the future its something I would consider but really I still don't see the point of it.

Elliott
12-04--2006, 11:03 PM
i would marry a guy if i loved him. but i prefer the idea of marrage with a girl and having children with the woman i marry. maybe thats conditioning but ive always wanted it that way

Ms. Vee
13-04--2006, 09:48 AM
I think I'd be more likely to marry a woman than a man... And I'm straight!

Elliott
21-04--2006, 11:31 AM
hmmm, go for it. if it makes you happy...id try anything once lol

dreadyfairy
21-04--2006, 08:05 PM
My best mate is getting married to his partner and i couldnt be more happy for them they make such a perfest couple and why should any body have the right to tell them they cant show that?

sparkles x

phatpharie
04-05--2006, 08:47 PM
hi there, i got 'married' in 2001 (before civil partnerships were legal), 4 years later she left me for a speed addict and promptly had a stroke :(

Nah i tried it once, never again :D

Mand

ps its not a good idea to get someones name tattoo'd on ya either

sensamelia
05-05--2006, 07:56 AM
definatley with you on the tattoo thing pharie a mate of mine has about 5 girls names on one arm ...bloody stupid
i cant see why the gay marriage thing is such a big thing .......you fall in love with who you fall in love with
i cant stand labelling ...gay ,bi,straight,......we are all just people,,,,,,you fall in love with who ever abnd it should be your choice and be cool
im married to my hubby obviously lol but its not to say i havent found girls attractive i just met ste

tiger
05-05--2006, 10:44 AM
Well..Belgium..had strict laws and prejudices against homosexuals,
lesbians,transsexuals etc..nowadays..there's a new law here..
holebi couples=homo's,lesbians,bisexuals..
can get married at the community hall..
not in church:eek:catolics here,you know..
my opinion..love is HOW you feel inside..
if people are happy as gays..let them be..it's their right..
same for lesbians..in my case..I stick to hetero..:harhar:
and I always will..there's still that social taboo..
it will never dissapear..people judge..other people..
and usually the ones who scream the most..
are just frustrated in society matters..
Tiger:reddevil:

Pongo
05-05--2007, 05:29 AM
We are going to have a Civil Ceremony this year, The word 'register' alarms me though?

Cybw
05-05--2007, 03:31 PM
i prefer the idea of marrage with a girl and having children with the woman i marry. maybe thats conditioning but ive always wanted it that way

I think its more hard wired into the natural order of things. If one wants to reproduce a female is usually helpful!

Science moves faster than evolution :P

wayne the druid
07-05--2007, 07:39 PM
im handfasting a gay couple i know in a few weeks and i feel as long as the love is there and you dont want the civil way then go for it marriage well thats up to you iuf your intrested in handfastings pm me and i will let you know about them

Emsy
07-05--2007, 08:53 PM
I'm marrying my other half for the legal reasons - so he can legally be my next of kin, and so I'm legally related to him. It means a lot to me.

And I would be having a civil ceremony, were it not for the fact my other half is an f to m transsexual and will be getting a gender recognition certificate, making him legally male :D

Pongo
07-05--2007, 11:27 PM
Handfasting, now that's more my cup of tea. This register thing, i dunno, perhaps i'm too much a conspiracy theorist? But this nanny state we live in, too many rules and regs, forms, cameras. Ugh