PDA

View Full Version : World News read this warning from a cop in america to his female friends

sensamelia
03-05--2006, 05:28 PM
i read this from an american cop to his female friends this happens here too my daughters step daughter is married to a c.i .d guy and he said they are doing the same in london

PLEASE keep this circulating...

You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car, and get inside. Then you start the engine and shift into REVERSE, and you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your parking space and you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window.

So, you shift into PARK, unlock your doors and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. When you reach the back of your car, that is when the car-jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off! Your engine was running and they practically mow you down as they speed off in your car. And guess what ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car...

BE AWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.

Just drive away and remove the paper that is stuck to your window later, and be thankful that you read this email.

I hope you will forward this to friends and family... especially to women! A purse contains all of your identification, and you certainly do NOT want someone getting your home address. They already HAVE your keys!

AND FORWARD THIS TO ALL THE MEN YOU KNOW WHO CAN TELL THEIR WIVES & GIRLFRIENDS!!!!!!!!

Lieutenant Tony Bartolomew
Bureau of Investigations
Florida Highway Patrol
P.O. Box 593527
Orlando, FL 32859
-

stardust
03-05--2006, 05:35 PM
thats been forwarded to me loads of times and in many different variations!

dunno if its true or not but anything that makes people think twice about their safety is not a bad idea to circulate.

sensamelia
03-05--2006, 05:36 PM
my sentiments exactly stardust

Power_13
03-05--2006, 05:52 PM
I'm sceptical, just for the reason that it hints that women are the only victims of this crime. A plan like that would probably fool most men as well, so why would the criminals limit it to use against women?

Also, Snopes had this to say (http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/carjack.asp)

Ms. Vee
03-05--2006, 07:07 PM
Also, Snopes had this to say (http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/carjack.asp)

Snopes is always a good place to go if you feel some circulated email you've been forwarded has dubious origins (and, let's face it, 99% of them are complete rubbish). They will most likely have some info on it.

Snopes was one of the first websites I ever visited and I love it :D

sensamelia
04-05--2006, 10:41 AM
yeah thanks power snopes ,very interesting

Gamehippy
04-05--2006, 10:55 AM
I had this message.... :death:

Exedous
05-05--2006, 11:15 AM
Why is it that every forward that comes from the US, MUST be true??? I agree with stardust, im always scepticle about those kind of "fear chain" e.mails.

:patch:

schizomorph
06-05--2006, 02:10 PM
I'm always realy wary of emails that ask me to pass them around. This is the best way to spread viruses and trackers. I'm not good with my internet cody stuff, just quite paranoid:rolleyes: