View Full Version : World News Small amounts of drugs legalized in Mexico

Spacer
07-05--2006, 07:53 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2006-04-28-mexicodrugs_x.htm

tiger
07-05--2006, 10:47 PM
Here a link about the law in Holland..
Belgium might follow..well...I don't know about that:angel:
but marihuana for medical purpose???don't think so here??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_the_Netherlands

Tiger

Gamehippy
17-05--2006, 08:39 AM
Not good enough, we need them legalised here. :reddevil:

tiger
17-05--2006, 08:51 AM
Gamehippy..
Sure..I do agree with you..:D
but it's not up to us..to decide??ask Blair and co?
Tiger:)

Gamehippy
17-05--2006, 09:10 AM
Gamehippy..
Sure..I do agree with you..:D
but it's not up to us..to decide??ask Blair and co?
Tiger:)

Blair, well he's on drugs anyway, so he'll understand our vibe to want marijuana.

and co? Who the fuck is co? ;);) :harhar:

tiger
17-05--2006, 09:25 AM
co means company..:D
the whole gang of political rulers..

Coyote
17-05--2006, 09:28 AM
Not good enough, we need them legalised here. :reddevil:
Because, of course, their being illegal stops us, erm, stops people, yeah, I mean people, :D erm, from usin' 'em. :D :whistle:

Gamehippy
17-05--2006, 09:30 AM
Because, of course, their being illegal stops us, erm, stops people, yeah, I mean people, :D erm, from usin' 'em. :D :whistle:

Aheh.

Spit it out ;)

Marlboro
17-05--2006, 10:40 AM
I suppose marihuana is an O.K. drug to be legalized.. but certainly not stronger, un-natural ones.

ecomamma
17-05--2006, 11:54 AM
I suppose marihuana is an O.K. drug to be legalized.. but certainly not stronger, un-natural ones.

why not, what do you think the law helps to do....control it? people are angry cause they have no say...some even give up & become addicted to harmful substances so they dont have to face the many fuck ups of the world & in there own lives...so please tell me how drugs being illegal helps...

crap muppet
17-05--2006, 04:32 PM
Ariba! ariba!

Time for a UKHippy gathering in Mehico? Don't think Bush would have to worry about me trying to jump the border to the USA!!!! ;)

Gamehippy
17-05--2006, 04:55 PM
why not, what do you think the law helps to do....control it? people are angry cause they have no say...some even give up & become addicted to harmful substances so they dont have to face the many fuck ups of the world & in there own lives...so please tell me how drugs being illegal helps...

I totally agree with you.

All my favour is in your post. I have had a bad life, and still have, because of this arguement. x

Marlboro
17-05--2006, 05:12 PM
I'm talking about heroin, I honestly feel, in my own opinion, it shouldn't be legalized. It's a personality affecting drug that many people turn to crime just to fund their addiction.

Coyote
17-05--2006, 05:16 PM
I'm talking about heroin, I honestly feel, in my own opinion, it shouldn't be legalized. It's a personality affecting drug that many people turn to crime just to fund their addiction.

The same, in many ways, could be said of social status.....

I get what you mean, with weed being fairly gentle compared to, well, compared to well damn near everything else :D and stuff like crack and crystal is just poison.....but like Ecomam says, who are we to lord it over other folks lives. Sure addicts use drugs to escape but you have to consider what they are escaping from.....

Marlboro
17-05--2006, 05:20 PM
It's not us lording it over other people's lives though, it's the government, and that's their job. The long-term effects of drugs on one's health has to come into consideration too. How would you feel knowing your child had been doing amphetamines at 14-15 because he/she wanted to lose weight? It'd be harder for them to get hold of it if it were illegal, but if it were legal and they had a fake ID, there's always that chance. I don't see drug legalization happening in the near or far future for the UK.
(P.S. Just because one is sad or depressed doesn't give them the right to use illegal drugs..)

Coyote
17-05--2006, 05:57 PM
It's not us lording it over other people's lives though, it's the government, and that's their job.

Erm, and you dont recognise that the govt is just the continuation of the "nobles"? :eek:

The long-term effects of drugs on one's health has to come into consideration too. How would you feel knowing your child had been doing amphetamines at 14-15 because he/she wanted to lose weight?

I'd hope to have brought them up sane enough not to fret so much - didnt do too bad a job with the stepkids :)

(P.S. Just because one is sad or depressed doesn't give them the right to use illegal drugs..)

"Right"?! :eek::eek:

Unless you have a solution to what ales them, who r u to say no to them?

Marlboro
17-05--2006, 06:02 PM
But wouldn't giving them drugs enter them into a vicious cycle of taking drugs because of depression, but even more depressed for being dependent on them? I've always heard that good cure for depression is to keep yourself busy and work hard, and you certainly can't do that whilst being under the influence of drugs.

Coyote
17-05--2006, 06:16 PM
But wouldn't giving them drugs enter them into a vicious cycle of taking drugs because of depression, but even more depressed for being dependent on them?

Until a solution is found to the source of their depression, who are we to kick their crutches out?

I've always heard that good cure for depression is to keep yourself busy and work hard, and you certainly can't do that whilst being under the influence of drugs.

LOL that just masks it under keeping busy/distracted. The point of life is not to muddle by, it's play to be enjoyed and shared. :D Addicts and the depressed need a solution, not a harness and a whip! :(

Marlboro
17-05--2006, 06:21 PM
But would making drugs more accessible help them..?

Coyote
17-05--2006, 06:42 PM
But would making drugs more accessible help them..?
Its not a matter of making them more accessible - they are accessible in most clubs. Its a matter of not adding criminality onto it and making the poor sods deal with that as well.

Its one english value blair will probably miss off his list of "citizen programming" - not kicking someone when they are down.

dragonz
17-05--2006, 07:37 PM
It's not us lording it over other people's lives though, it's the government, and that's their job. The long-term effects of drugs on one's health has to come into consideration too. How would you feel knowing your child had been doing amphetamines at 14-15 because he/she wanted to lose weight? It'd be harder for them to get hold of it if it were illegal, but if it were legal and they had a fake ID, there's always that chance. I don't see drug legalization happening in the near or far future for the UK.

at least if it where legal they would have to provide id