PDA

View Full Version : Appleby Horse Fair

Exedous
30-05--2006, 08:22 PM
........so who's a goin down then...??? 8th-14th JUNE 2006 ...

Am on me way to gettin some cash to get a down there...

:patch:

sensamelia
31-05--2006, 07:10 PM
used to go long while back me friend used to take her two shires and gypsy caravan ......god that brings back memories

stormypagan
31-05--2006, 11:41 PM
Well, I for one wont be going (although Appleby is not far from where we live) as I think it would upset me greatly .... I was brought up with horses, so they are close to my heart, and although I have never been, I know there have been some cases of abuse of the horses over the years

read this example from past years ...

http://www.herdword.co.nz/problem.html (http://www.herdword.co.nz/problem.html)

While I have nothing against travelling communities ...far from it I can assure you ..I do have a problem with animal abuse whether carried out by travellers, house dwellers or aliens from the dark side!!

Fortunately, there is more RSPCA involvement to keep an eye on things but I think it would still upset me to see frightened horses being handled at a sale of this nature!!

sensamelia
01-06--2006, 07:06 PM
yeah stormy i know what ya mean
ive seen it with me own eyes
hubby nearly got into a fight at appelby telling this guy about how he was treating his horse and dog wasent right
we ended up secretly feeding them both all the time we were there cause it took ages to get some one to do something about it
still had some good times there though

elohim
01-06--2006, 08:56 PM
me my dad and brother are going.were hoping to buy sum shetland`s and sell two colts.gypses are nasty people with there horses.

ratty
16-05--2008, 11:10 PM
steady mate dont tar us all with the same brush...

aerisje
16-05--2008, 11:41 PM
me my dad and brother are going.were hoping to buy sum shetland`s and sell two colts.gypses are nasty people with there horses

isnt that a contridiction in its self,if you are so worried about the welfare of the animals then why the hell are you selling more there????

ive only been once to appleby fair a good few years ago now and i thought the place had a real air of magic going on, i absolutly loved it.the highlight of going there for me was seeing tiny kids riding around on big stallions without a care in the world.gotta say i love all the bow top caravans to.

ratty
16-05--2008, 11:53 PM
ya cant beat a pretty vardo!

Atomik
17-05--2008, 07:48 AM
steady mate dont tar us all with the same brush...You're replying to a post that's nearly two years old.