PDA

View Full Version : Northern Green Gathering 2006 17th-20th august

stuoolong
05-06--2006, 11:44 AM
Roll up, Roll up! After the four year break, Northern Green is back with a vengeance! Four day event on a beautiful site in Lancashire with stunning views of the Three Peaks.

For those who don't know, it's a smaller, fluffier version of Big Green Gathering (run by different people) with far fewer shops. Expect Healing area, Permaculture garden, circus performance, folky bands; workshops on how to make your own house out of recycled baked bean cans, pole lathing, renewable fuels, Direct Action, organic foods, dance, earth energies, yoghurt weaving etc etc.

NGG is a members only event, to get a years' membership costs 35 or 5 for children aged 5-16.

See http://www.nggonline.org.uk/ for more details. We are also looking for volunteers and contributors of many different types.

:D:D:D:D:D

phil
05-06--2006, 01:31 PM
This looks like something i'd definatly wanna go to. please tell me i can take my dog!! :) (thats not a sexist term for girfriend, its a real dog!)

bingo21
05-06--2006, 03:14 PM
does look good the new site is very nice my mate who is organising shamaia is doing the opening cerimony or should i say i know he has been asked to run a part of the feeling healed area in some way

ecomamma
05-06--2006, 03:35 PM
just emailed them....thanks for the reminder stu...

crap muppet
06-06--2006, 09:35 AM
Oooooh interesting. I think I may be around for this one - Thanks Stu :D

WhiteRabbit
06-06--2006, 10:26 AM
Sounds good, roughly how far north is this?

stuoolong
22-06--2006, 02:05 PM
Sounds good, roughly how far north is this?

In Lancashire.

please tell me i can take my dog!!

Sorry, you can't. Farmer's orders, not ours.

I'm getting really excited about this now! Last bit of news I heard, there's going to be a large mandala built to have ritual thingys in.

phil
22-06--2006, 02:13 PM
More kennels fee's and doggy sulks on my return!! :mad: anyway, i still cant see where it is. I live in lancashire. is the venu not decided yet?

sensamelia
22-06--2006, 02:24 PM
yeah where is it i wanna go to this one too

Rook
22-06--2006, 02:29 PM
yeah where is it i wanna go to this one too

Me too. Auntie Al canwecanwecanwecanwe,plsplspls

Sarah
22-06--2006, 06:18 PM
ooooh ooh oooh ooh - thats the same weekend we are travelling up to scotland on our hols :D *wanders away tryin to work out the logistics*

beatnik
23-06--2006, 05:18 PM
Sounds Interesting.

stuoolong
24-06--2006, 07:49 PM
Venue is definite, but kind of secret because it's a members only event (i.e. you can't buy tickets on the gate) so we don't want loads of random people turning up who aren't members, cos they won't get in. Full directions come with membership/ tickets. It's within sight of the three peaks if that helps (amazing views from the site!)

Anyone fancy stewarding/doing welfare/first aid/recycling etc?

stuoolong
20-07--2006, 03:47 PM
Bump! :wiggle:

old hippy
12-08--2006, 11:33 AM
The Northern Greenie was once my fave gathering so i hope it will be again, (well, twas just 'down the rd' so to speak) i hear the site is really lovely.
The Camp Balls on the sat night were brill with most of the blokes getting dolled up in frocks, gowns and glad rags, some of them took to it like ducks to water and 2 days later would still be wandering around in their get up.
Lets hope for a brill Gathering with decent weather and bIG ThAnks to all the people who have worked hard to get this off the ground again.

Golaf
12-08--2006, 12:12 PM
hope to see you there!

stuoolong
12-08--2006, 06:25 PM
Quick update: the members only thing doesn't apply anymore, we are getting some sort of license thingy so you can buy tickets on the gate.

Hope to see many of you there! :D:D

Claerie
24-08--2006, 06:53 PM
Twas good... who went in the end? I didn't see any familiar faces from here :eek:

Lotus Leaf
24-08--2006, 08:52 PM
Had a brilliant time (despite the rain). Met some really lovely people there.

xx

stuoolong
30-08--2006, 05:56 PM
Twas good... who went in the end? I didn't see any familiar faces from here :eek:

Oh, didn't notice you either, and I've seen your pic on this site. I was doing organising and generally running around with a walkie talkie being a bit too busy. :rolleyes:
Glad you enjoyed! :)