PDA

View Full Version : cheese

random_spontaneosity
13-10--2005, 08:14 PM
one of the main reasons i wont go vegan is becuase i love cheese. there are other reasons but cheese is quite a huge part of my everyday diet so hey.

what, if there are any, sort of substitute for cheese are there available for vegans? would it really be the end of the world if i went vegan and never ate cheese again!!

can you make cheese from soya stuff like you can make milk and so on?

im really not in tune with what vegans really eat, i just know a few vegans. but never really spoke to them about veganismness

oh and by the way, i dont plan on going vegan, at least not now, maybe one day when i can really think baout it properly, and figure out why id do it and stuff

Whirler
15-10--2005, 01:30 PM
There are lots of vegan 'cheeses' available from wholefood shops - never tried any myself but check out the recipes thread (think it's that one) for some recommendations.

Atomik
15-10--2005, 01:38 PM
Vegan cheeses used to be terrible back when I was vegan many years ago. Vegan friends tell me they've improved greatly though and apparently some are quite convincing.

stormypagan
15-10--2005, 02:57 PM
They are delish now!! I have tried them on a few of my non vegan friends and my parents and they were impressed. I am just going to have a tomato relish and toffutti cheese slice sarnie in the mo, oh yum yum !!!

There are many varieties and all very yummy in my opinion but then again been a good few years since I had dairy :D

A tad expensive but worth it for the animals sake :0)

random_spontaneosity
15-10--2005, 04:09 PM
cool beans,cheers guys. its a relief to know i wont die if go vegan

Flibbertigibbet
15-10--2005, 04:39 PM
Oh they have improved loads and the new melting ones by redwood foods are lovely in toasted sandwiches and on pizza :D

Atomik
15-10--2005, 05:19 PM
I've heard a few people mention Redwood. I might have to give it a try myself, coz while I doubt I'll be going vegan any time soon, I'd be quite happy to cut back on dairy as much as possible.

Flibbertigibbet
15-10--2005, 07:20 PM
Is very easy for me living in Brighton to have a readily available choice....which today I wisdh i didnt have as i spent 25 in infinity foods on vegan goodies , but my son likes vegan cheeses the same as dairy ones.........Oh and that was after we had been out for burgers.

http://www.redveg.com/