PDA

View Full Version : World News Strange US site claiming to be "hippie"

electric.avenue
11-07--2006, 07:52 PM
Hi

I've been doing some research into different lifestyles, music cultures, and so on - particularly hippy culture, alternative culture, and punk music/culture.

Well - I came across this American site www.hippieforums.com (http://www.hippieforums.com) and I noticed that it links to another forum "The Liberal Forums", which I assumed to be a sort of libertarian/broad left site. Imagine my amazement when I clicked the link and found that it's actually a neo-conservative, pro-war, anti-immigration site! I'm wondering what's going on, hippieforums.com cannot be a genuine hippy site, but just set up to make money or make fools of people, or something.

I just wondered what you all thought. If anyone knows of this site, and what one might surmise the owner is up to.

Rose
11-07--2006, 08:24 PM
yeah ive seen it too, i logged on to find a debate about hitler

a few folk where saying what a great man he was and didnt he have some great qualitys :eek:

wtf?

needless to say i never went back

sensamelia
11-07--2006, 08:26 PM
dont talk about that place im banned...say no more

velvet
11-07--2006, 08:34 PM
Very odd indeed. First thought is that there are hardly any posts there..

A quick search through www.dnsstuff.com reveils the owner of the site (this is public info so I'm just copying it here.. if that's unwanted pm me and I'll edit):

Domain Name: hippieforums.com

Registered at http://www.dynadot.com

Registrant:
phil fischer
218 main street
kirkland, washington 98033
United States

Administrative Contact:
phil fischer
218 main street
United States
****@philfischer.com
+1 425-891-9136

Technical Contact:
phil fischer
218 main street
United States
****@philfischer.com
+1 425-891-9136

Record expires on 2007/01/02 UTC
Record created on 2006/01/02 UTC

Domain servers in listed order:
ns47.1and1.com
ns48.1and1.com

A google search on the name just gets me a whole bunch of hits of some economics guy, don't think that's him.. or that would be weird.. dunno..

Hey why don't we have a special space on this forum dedicated to army/marine/navy personel? hehehe.. :rolleyes:

velvet
11-07--2006, 08:58 PM
ah.. from his profile on that forum I got his personal website:

http://www.philfischer.com/

.. Christian rockband dude person.. hm.. I wonder how he defines 'hippy'.. not that we uphold the true definition or anything but I do have a slight feeling ours differs from his ;)

Oh and sensamelia.. I assume you mean hipforums, not this one? I'm banned from HF as well so, ya I hear ya ;)

Exedous
11-07--2006, 09:48 PM
dont talk about that place im banned...say no more
Am tempted to see if i can join your jolly clan sensi...hahaha...

:patch:

hoppipolla
11-07--2006, 10:08 PM
that site is so funny! i love crazy ultra conservatives they're so arrogant! hehe

sensamelia
11-07--2006, 10:10 PM
different hippy forums im banned from ....im banned from hippy forums

electric.avenue
11-07--2006, 10:49 PM
yeah ive seen it too, i logged on to find a debate about hitler

a few folk where saying what a great man he was and didnt he have some great qualitys :eek:

wtf?

needless to say i never went back

Yes - rather shocking stuff.

What I don't understand is, is this guy seriously claiming to be a hippy, or is the site hippieforums.com some sort of stalking horse? I've read the guy's bio, and it does seem to suggest a hippy/alternative albeit Christian background. Yet, I am almost sure that he is also the Phil of "The Liberal Forums" <puke!>. Americans do sometimes seem to have a different take on politics compared to peeps in Europe, meaning that a lot of them I've met do tend to be very naively right wing and paranoid - esp those that have never left the US. (btw, I do have some American friends who are not at all like this). So I suppose it is possible for this guy to hold two contradictory ideas/viewpoints in his head at the same time.

electric.avenue
11-07--2006, 10:51 PM
Oh, and thanks for researching that info, Velvet. Was that for both sites, or just the "hippie" one?

pteroophia
11-07--2006, 11:07 PM
Neo-cons infiltarte everwhere, wouldn't be surprised if there were some tools aiding their agenda on this site either

monosphere
12-07--2006, 03:36 AM
I'm tempted to go visit Mr. Phil Fisher as he's a half hour from my home. Kirkland WA is in Microsoft territory. Probably an employee there with that site as his side gig. Why do the weird ones come from my area?

Golaf
12-07--2006, 07:25 AM
you try it America

UK hippy kicks your ass!

man!

velvet
12-07--2006, 08:21 AM
Oh, and thanks for researching that info, Velvet. Was that for both sites, or just the "hippie" one?

that was for the liberal 'hippie' one.. I know quite a bit about the hipforums (Skips forum where apperantly both sensamelia and I are banned from.. hehe) because an ex boyfriends hosting company is hosting their space, so I actually bumped into Skip a few times when he was still living in Amsterdam. The fact that I'm banned and not at all willing to go back there is kinda nuff said :) Don't feel like going into that anymore.. just happy to be here now instead :)

Rose
12-07--2006, 11:58 AM
I'm tempted to go visit Mr. Phil Fisher as he's a half hour from my home. Kirkland WA is in Microsoft territory. Probably an employee there with that site as his side gig. Why do the weird ones come from my area?

tell me about it!! :rolleyes:

{not meaning anyone on here by the way x )

electric.avenue
12-07--2006, 02:09 PM
Neo-cons infiltarte everwhere, wouldn't be surprised if there were some tools aiding their agenda on this site either

That's what I wondered.

electric.avenue
12-07--2006, 02:11 PM
that was for the liberal 'hippie' one.. I know quite a bit about the hipforums (Skips forum where apperantly both sensamelia and I are banned from.. hehe) because an ex boyfriends hosting company is hosting their space, so I actually bumped into Skip a few times when he was still living in Amsterdam. The fact that I'm banned and not at all willing to go back there is kinda nuff said :) Don't feel like going into that anymore.. just happy to be here now instead :)

Yes - I went to DNSstuff myself and looked up the Liberal Forums one - it's owned by some other guy, not this Phil character.

DM4867
12-07--2006, 03:54 PM
its crazy its like those guys are living in a distorted bubble. there's one english guy who is claiming he has never seen a hippie forum and its such a great original idea :S it felt like an odd parody when i checked out that place!

keep smiling
jx

matthew
12-07--2006, 05:53 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahaha

sorry.. for a minute i thought you were jokeing..

This site was set up because a lot of people were frustrated with that site.. There is a long long thread about it and this sites creation [here]..May have dissapeared now.. we have all ''moved on''.. I'm sure you may have found it by now ?.

I'm not welcome on that site.. supposedly i'm a ''neo-conservative, pro-war, nutter''.. though thats the view of Skip the web master.. he is the most .... well i won't start wasting my time on that unreasonable hyberbolic *******

Well - I came across this American site www.hippieforums.com (http://www.hippieforums.com/) and I noticed that it links to another forum "The Liberal Forums", which I assumed to be a sort of libertarian/broad left site. Imagine my amazement when I clicked the link and found that it's actually a neo-conservative, pro-war, anti-immigration site! I'm wondering what's going on, hippieforums.com cannot be a genuine hippy site, but just set up to make money or make fools of people, or something.

It is not that kind of site to be fair.. but it is not really a free speach site anymore.. not if you chose to have a differing opinion than the web master..

I think i've bored myself witless talking about that site over tha last few months..so i won't go over it again.

You are much more welcome here for sure.. though you may find you fit in over there ?.. try them both.. see how long you last ?.

http://www.hipforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=691797

velvet
12-07--2006, 07:01 PM
*snipsnip*

I think i've bored myself witless talking about that site over tha last few months..so i won't go over it again.

good... cause we're not talking about Skips Hipforums but about Phils hippieforums... difference.. read through this thread more carefully :harhar:

Yes, most of us if not all know about Hipforums.. however hippieforums seems to be relatively new (at least has very little post) and personally I never heard about it.. so we were talking about that, mentioning HF and Skip on the go cause of the name confusion (as you seem to be familiar with.. heehee) :D

Dapablo
14-07--2006, 12:30 PM
Had a look, always fun trying to read posts by people who can't spell. :)

Golaf
14-07--2006, 01:06 PM
yes because people who cannot spell have nothing interesting to say, and are lesser beings

Rose
14-07--2006, 01:09 PM
yes because people who cannot spell have nothing interesting to say, and are lesser beings

im so glad i know my place ;)

matthew
14-07--2006, 03:10 PM
good... cause we're not talking about Skips Hipforums but about Phils hippieforums... difference.. read through this thread more carefully :harhar:

Yes, most of us if not all know about Hipforums.. however hippieforums seems to be relatively new (at least has very little post) and personally I never heard about it.. so we were talking about that, mentioning HF and Skip on the go cause of the name confusion (as you seem to be familiar with.. heehee) :D

I'ts been hot... what can i say. :waves:

sensamelia
14-07--2006, 03:17 PM
hey just had a sneaky peepon your link and they are asking for donations to keep the chatroom alive
is this so that you have to pay seperatly or is it just a ploy to get peeps to pay registration fees
read below

Our chatroom annual renewal fee is upon us. I'm calling upon everyone who uses to chatroom to help keep it going. It costs $100 a year, which isn't much. So we need 10 people to donate $10 to keep it alive for another year.

Here's the place to do it. Click on the Chatroom Button to pay for that specifically. In return, you'll get upgraded to supporter status with all the benefits that supporters get!

http://www.hipforums.com/forums/donate.php (http://www.hipforums.com/forums/donate.php)

Of course, you can donate more, and sponsor other members! In that case use the Server Fee button to donate another amount.

Golaf
14-07--2006, 03:25 PM
damn hippies they get everywhere

velvet
14-07--2006, 03:25 PM
From last when I was on HF paying meant that you got some priviledges as well if I remember correctly, like getting a custom thing under your name and using the galleries? Not sure.. Monosphere was very generous one day and paid for a few people on there, also for me. I still got banned there though, even though officially I was a paying member. Not that giving money means you're above authority or sth but still.. ah well.. Skip is a slick businessmen..

Wait I wasn't gonna talk about this again.. hehe.. let's just drop the whole HF/Skip subject.. been done.

Dapablo
17-07--2006, 10:09 PM

quite often the case, I will concur :)

Lunar Seed
18-07--2006, 09:46 AM
I'm not welcome on that site.. supposedly i'm a ''neo-conservative, pro-war, nutter''..

Now how on earth did they get that idea??? :whistle:

Den_tokke
13-08--2006, 07:21 PM
that site is horrible, there is a whole vietnam section (pisses me off!!):mad:
because "hippys" are anti-war, so no normal left-minded "hippy" wouldn't join that site because you'll see that this site is neo-conservatif in one second(I did) and its true that the neo-cons or (capitalists) try to infiltrate everywhere but I hope one day I hope that people will see that kapitalism and globalisation are big mistakes and we can live in a world where money isn't the most important and people care about each other.

weedforme
22-11--2006, 11:40 PM
I was looking onto hipforums and found hippie forums and then found this thread and had no idea it was owned by Phil Fischer.

I canít believe what none of you know about him especially if this is a UK site.

I saw him in concert about 8 months ago and I can tell you he is certainly a hippie!

Also, I could of swore I saw a pic on the net somewhere of him holding a gold album from the UK.
B

TREASON
15-01--2007, 11:57 PM
you go to christian rock concerts?????:whistle:

nah man, u must be joking!!!

Pinkadelic
16-01--2007, 02:18 AM
hahaha hillarious.
Hippyforums... just another way to make money ;)

Natural Mystic
25-01--2007, 07:23 AM
i think you all need to stop dissing the Americans. because one person, well obviously more, but still, one person started that stupid forum and it doesn't mean we are all identical in thoughts to that man. if a discussion can be a goodone then it needs to have NO fingers pointed to any people at all. and on this site i've noticed it's always Americans. it's like some members here are prejudice against us.