PDA

View Full Version : Festival Big Green Gathering on Newsnight

pteroophia
08-08--2006, 11:44 PM
Did anyone just see that earlier? I mean I didn;t go myself but what I saw made me think it was brilliant but couldn't help feeling that the reporter was taking the piss a bit i.e. the bit about it being like a medieval village. I don't know if he is a regular on there, he might be but I thought he didn;t realy see the light at all, neither did the woman in the studio.

sunflower
09-08--2006, 11:27 AM
missed it if anyone knows when there maybe coverge of it on telly please let us know.
yes well id expect them to take the piss coz were the ones geting it right and there to dumb to admet it

Elfriend
09-08--2006, 12:17 PM
I missed it, would have liked to see it.

Zim
09-08--2006, 01:05 PM
i saw it. never went to BGG myself but even through the patronising hosts (and some rather bad choices of inteviewees in my opinion) i still resolved to go next year

jenni
09-08--2006, 01:08 PM
hmmm....saw a few film crews wandering around looking awkward....noticed one reporter using various large items in the craft fields etc as kind of props to lean on or pose with....the whole body language just screamed: im looking at a bunch of performing monkeys....im sure not everyone was like that but this one instance got to me quite a bit....:insane:

Zim
09-08--2006, 01:13 PM
the whole body language just screamed: im looking at a bunch of performing monkeys....im sure not everyone was like that but this one instance got to me quite a bit....:insane:
you got that message from the show too. Lots of "what can we learn from a buch of scruffy hippies?" type thing. It was still nice to see it get some recognition

sunflower
10-08--2006, 06:49 PM
yer recognition so that thay can take the piss sorry its nice that thay took the time to cover it but i noticed a high peached tone of sarcasam in his voice

gingernut
10-08--2006, 06:57 PM
I was there and did see camera peeps wandering round but didn't take muhc notice. If they want to look down their noses it's their loss right? We had a brilliant time!

Little Mouse
15-08--2006, 08:47 PM
A copy of his report is on the BBC website somewhere ... sorry I dont have the link but a little websurfing never did anyone any harm ;) hee hee
Yes, I do agree, hes a bit of a plonker ...

barefoot_boo
16-08--2006, 10:10 AM
Here you go: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/ethical_man/5240168.stm

ecomamma
19-08--2006, 01:03 PM
Need to wait for broadband to watch it...thanks for the link barefoot boo...:D

sunflower
20-08--2006, 10:12 PM
I was there and did see camera peeps wandering round but didn't take muhc notice. If they want to look down their noses it's their loss right? We had a brilliant time!

yes i was stwearding by sucaraty control when he walked in my first words were spot the saw thumb sham if id nown i would have invited him back for a spliff he he