PDA

View Full Version : World News sockmonkeys against Bush!

Pages : [1] 2

velvet
11-08--2006, 12:10 AM
haha sorry was browsing for sock monkeys and saw this one.. just thought it was soooo funny.. hehehe

http://www.canade.org/images/badmonkey1.jpg

matthew
13-08--2006, 12:18 PM
Would you like Bush impeached ?....if so under what grounds ?.

I don't find this kind of bullshit funny...

wiggy
13-08--2006, 12:25 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Excellent

matthew
13-08--2006, 12:28 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Excellent

Why ?.

velvet
13-08--2006, 12:29 PM
Why ?.

pfff dude lighten up!! I posted it because it is funny that sockmonkey says 'bad monkey' to bush. Nevermind.. if I have to explain why it's funny you obviously totally missed the point! :harhar:

wiggy
13-08--2006, 12:35 PM
Why ?.

Because it made me laugh!!!!

matthew
13-08--2006, 12:39 PM
pfff dude lighten up!! I posted it because it is funny that sockmonkey says 'bad monkey' to bush. Nevermind.. if I have to explain why it's funny you obviously totally missed the point! :harhar:

Forgive my earnest straight faceness.. i don't find it funny..
I have not missed the point.. i see the point rammed in my face all the time. I merely wanted to know individuals reasoning.

I think this kind of 'satitirical' humour is offensive.. and naive. I still wish to find the reasoning behind peoples 'laughter'.

matthew
13-08--2006, 12:39 PM
Because it made me laugh!!!!

Err why....

wiggy
13-08--2006, 12:40 PM
Err why....

Because it did

matthew
13-08--2006, 12:42 PM
Because it did

I don't think we are getting any where ....but. ;)

Don't be petulant ... give me a proper reason... :whistle:

velvet
13-08--2006, 12:45 PM
Forgive my earnest straight faceness.. i don't find it funny..
I have not missed the point.. i see the point rammed in my face all the time. I merely wanted to know individuals reasoning.

I think this kind of 'satitirical' humour is offensive.. and naive. I still wish to find the reasoning behind peoples 'laughter'.

ooh you find satire offensive? hmz.. hardly dare opening my mouth now.. hehe

the reason behind my laughter.. I'm making a sockmonkey at the moment and I was browsing for pics of them to see the different kinds and I noticed how it's quite easy to give them some kind of 'personality' by changing little things.. then I came across a picture of these three fellows who are actually engaging in politics. Politically engaged sockmonkeys!

Dude I couldn't care less if they were voting against Bush, Blair, Castro or whoever.. it was the political monkey thing that I thought was funny.

You seriously need to lighten up and not get so offended.. if you can't laugh at your own believes than there is little joy! :D

wiggy
13-08--2006, 12:48 PM
A 'proper' answer

Maybe because bush is a bad monkey - maybe there should be little devil horns on him or something
And yes he should be impeached, he should have been ages and ages ago

matthew
13-08--2006, 12:52 PM

the reason behind my laughter.. I'm making a sockmonkey at the moment and I was browsing for pics of them to see the different kinds and I noticed how it's quite easy to give them some kind of 'personality' by changing little things.. then I came across a picture of these three fellows who are actually engaging in politics. Politically engaged sockmonkeys!

Dude I couldn't care less if they were voting against Bush, Blair, Castro or whoever.. it was the political monkey thing that I thought was funny.

You seriously need to lighten up and not get so offended.. if you can't laugh at your own believes than there is little joy! :D

Trust me i am one of the most 'lightened' up person you will meet.

I was just wanting to know the reasoning.. i was a pompouse a hole for a reason.
I always see people laughing at 'satirical' humour.. the point about me 'not finding it funny' is true.. i just want to find what IS so supposedly funny about it... or what people found funny about it.

I find it offensive because of the naivety .. but hey ho.. thats just me.

http://www.theyorkshirelad.ca/4tommie/Jpegs/stevebell.2.jpg

mmmm not funny.

Ok i'll chill out now.. i just wanted to know why individuals found it funny.. that is all. :o

matthew
13-08--2006, 12:54 PM
A 'proper' answer

Maybe because bush is a bad monkey - maybe there should be little devil horns on him or something
And yes he should be impeached, he should have been ages and ages ago

Thanks.... i dunno on what grounds you could legitimately impeach him.
I think he has done a lot for freedom and peace.. a lot more than can be said of others.. bad PR.. that is his problem. :whistle:

velvet
13-08--2006, 01:04 PM
Matthew.. humour is like taste.. not everyone likes the same. I don't like Benny Hill, therefor I don't watch it. It's probably hilarious but I find it dumb and maybe even offensive or demeaning. If you don't get/like satirical humour, why do you get all defensive about it? Just let us have our laughs... :)

If you want to discuss Bush then ofcourse you're free to do so obviously.. but to choose a thread with a picture of sockmonkeys holding up a sign saying 'bad monkey' is maybe not your best bet for a serious discussion.

It is kinda funny tho.. that you did that.. hehe... sorry mate.. just can't help chuckling over it.. :D

wiggy
13-08--2006, 01:10 PM
I think he has done a lot for freedom and peace.. a lot more than can be said of others.. bad PR.. that is his problem.

Are we talking about the same bloke here?
Bush freedom, peace, doesnt go together
Bad PR thats his problem WTF

matthew
13-08--2006, 01:14 PM
Matthew.. humour is like taste.. not everyone likes the same. I don't like Benny Hill, therefor I don't watch it. It's probably hilarious but I find it dumb and maybe even offensive or demeaning. If you don't get/like satirical humour, why do you get all defensive about it? Just let us have our laughs... :)

If you want to discuss Bush then ofcourse you're free to do so obviously.. but .

It is kinda funny tho.. that you did that.. hehe... sorry mate.. just can't help chuckling over it.. :D

I think early benny hill is very very funny.. him descending into page 3 type crap was a mistake. He will always be rememberd fo that... unfortunatly. Watch his 60s stuff.

I'm sorry for not just letting you have your laughs.. you obviously have and will .. i don't get the opportunity to ask.. when i do i erm ask !.

to choose a thread with a picture of sockmonkeys holding up a sign saying 'bad monkey' is maybe not your best bet for a serious discussionun.

hahahahha very true.. *climbs off high horse*... :o

matthew
13-08--2006, 01:16 PM
Are we talking about the same bloke here?
Bush freedom, peace, doesnt go together
Bad PR thats his problem WTF

Yeah we are talking about the same person... If you read the myriad of speaches and actions he has done.. you would agree.

name me something that has not been a attempt [at least].. to bring peace and freedom.. ?.

wiggy
13-08--2006, 01:26 PM
Sending troops into war zones and letting them blow everything up
Getting other countrys involved and then getting them in shite
He has lied way to many times
He doesnt listen to warnings

then things dont sound like he is trying to make peace to me

matthew
13-08--2006, 01:36 PM
Sending troops into war zones and letting them blow everything up

War is shit.. letting them 'blow things up' is a little misguded. If you mean 'Iraq'.. then the insurgency has blown a hell of a lot up. WE being the saps trying to stop this crap and find a peaceful solution. Ask a memeber of the insurgency to join normal diplomatic negotiations.. answer : ''NO''. Ask yourself why ?.

Getting other countrys involved and then getting them in shite

Your opinion is at odds with the Iraqi goverment..

He has lied way to many times

Erm Not true.. he has said things [along with a lot of other nations] .. through a multitude of resolutions over the course of a decade or more... 'He' accepted things that have with hindsight proven to be incorrect. this is with hindsight. I wonder how many lies were told by Saddam ?.

He doesnt listen to warnings

Oh but he does.. how many speaches and statements have you read of his ?.

then things dont sound like he is trying to make peace to me

Well he is... i don't think those who fight us are ''trying to make peace'... i think we are.. BIG difference.

wiggy
13-08--2006, 01:43 PM
I surpose everyone has their own opion on different things

I just cant see how a bloke who has in thery killed so many people be considered to be trying to make peace thats all.

matthew
13-08--2006, 01:47 PM
I surpose everyone has their own opion on different things

I just cant see how a bloke who has in thery killed so many people be considered to be trying to make peace thats all.

Churchill killed millions on millions of people.. all in the the aid of 'Peace'.. Wich he eventualy achieved.

http://www.knowledgerush.com/wiki_image/3/32/Dresden(thumbnail).jpg http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/2WWdresden2.JPG

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/2WWdresden.htm

wiggy
13-08--2006, 01:53 PM
so if bush carries on killing the world will be a peaceful place then

matthew
13-08--2006, 01:57 PM
so if bush carries on killing the world will be a peaceful place then

Well he does not wilfully go out and kill people.. that is a lie. Attempting to 'bring freedom' is a dirty and painful proposition. If he kills all those that want to bring about a world based on a warped version of islam.. and kill any person who disagreses.. than i say kill em all.. Normal muslims i suspect agree with me.

velvet
13-08--2006, 02:03 PM
hahahahha very true.. *climbs off high horse*... :o

Nah.. ya know the thing is that in some essence we probably agree with eachother on the whole topic of Bush, Iraq etc etc.. as in: we both want 'freedom' (whatever that may be).. or even more general: we want people to be happy. In the end it's a discussion about definitions, means, sacrifices etc etc.

I'd rather have this discussion with you somewhere in a pub or at a campfire than here in text where so much is lost in translation through the bits and bytes.

But.. since it's a forum and online discussion is more or less what it's about I'm just gonna cop-out here and say I've been having this talk way too often to be bothered with it now. I don't agree with the american foreign politics but that is as much my right as it is yours to think they are doing a good job. Sorry to be such a bore ;)

matthew
13-08--2006, 02:06 PM
Nah.. ya know the thing is that in some essence we probably agree with eachother on the whole topic of Bush, Iraq etc etc.. as in: we both want 'freedom' (whatever that may be).. or even more general: we want people to be happy. In the end it's a discussion about definitions, means, sacrifices etc etc.

I suspect we would agree with each other on a lot of things...

I'd rather have this discussion with you somewhere in a pub or at a campfire than here in text where so much is lost in translation through the bits and bytes.

This form of communication is not ideal..

But.. since it's a forum and online discussion is more or less what it's about I'm just gonna cop-out here and say I've been having this talk way too often to be bothered with it now. I don't agree with the american foreign politics but that is as much my right as it is yours to think they are doing a good job. Sorry to be such a bore ;)

I'll apologise for not doing what i usualy do.. Step over these types of threads.

:o

You a 'bore'.. NEVER... ME.. erm well... er.

velvet
13-08--2006, 02:19 PM
I'll apologise for not doing what i usualy do.. Step over these types of threads.

:o

You a 'bore'.. NEVER... ME.. erm well... er.

hey will you stop it with the blushing already? :D Discussions are made of disagreements and willingness to listen to eachother.. so it's actually quite interesting to find someone on a 'hippy' forum who thinks Bush is ace! Hehe.. I just really can't be arsed with the whole politics discussion at the moment for it is such an elaborate and nuanced one.. and for that I apoligise cause it is a bit of a cop-out after posting such a picture. Ok now it's my turn --> :o

matthew
13-08--2006, 02:27 PM
hey will you stop it with the blushing already? :D Discussions are made of disagreements and willingness to listen to eachother.. so it's actually quite interesting to find someone on a 'hippy' forum who thinks Bush is ace! Hehe.. I just really can't be arsed with the whole politics discussion at the moment for it is such an elaborate and nuanced one.. and for that I apoligise cause it is a bit of a cop-out after posting such a picture.
Well i am slight idiosyncratic around Bush.. and ''whatnot''. I'm a big believer in 'listening'.. the whole point of me asking questions.. :whistle:

I don't try but am idiosyncratic.

I'm sorry you can't be arsed at the moment.. i appreciate posting a 'funny' pic' says a lot...with out saying much [if that makes sense]. I'm a tad sorry for getting worked up.. about this. :waves:

Ok now it's my turn --> :o

*giggle*..

Sunshine
13-08--2006, 05:08 PM
I agree with the sock monkeys.

wiggy
14-08--2006, 01:15 AM
Well he does not wilfully go out and kill people..

Yep am im the pope

velvet
14-08--2006, 06:35 AM
Yep am im the pope

I think what Matthew means is that Bush doesn't have noted down in his agenda "kill people". Killing isn't his primary goal.. he might kill people tho due to his actions, but he doesn't wilfully go out just to kill. This as opposed to for instance dictators who did go about killing people just to make a point about their power. Not to say that americans haven't done this in the past, wilfully killing people (Nam comes to mind) but Bush as a person.. well at least not as openly and blatently as some others have done IF he has done so. I think if you want to blame Bush for killing the most direct consequences are the deathpenalty cases, not the war in Iraq where killing is a result, not a reason.

annaomerta
07-09--2006, 05:27 PM
Someone needs to give Bush a blowjob... any volunteers?

matthew
07-09--2006, 07:17 PM
I think what Matthew means is that Bush doesn't have noted down in his agenda "kill people". Killing isn't his primary goal.. he might kill people tho due to his actions, but he doesn't wilfully go out just to kill. This as opposed to for instance dictators who did go about killing people just to make a point about their power. Not to say that americans haven't done this in the past, wilfully killing people (Nam comes to mind) but Bush as a person.. well at least not as openly and blatently as some others have done IF he has done so. I think if you want to blame Bush for killing the most direct consequences are the deathpenalty cases, not the war in Iraq where killing is a result, not a reason.

Pretty much what i meant.

I'd argue he attempts to save lives rather than end them.

I suppose giving orders to do certain things gives licence to kill people and the consequence is inevitable. Dropping bombs on Dresden meant people will die. The goal was to end a war. Maybe possibly a bad comparison.
Though my full point was : Attempting to 'bring freedom' is a dirty and painful proposition. If he kills all those that want to bring about a world based on a warped version of islam.. and kill any person who disagreses.. than i say kill em all.. Normal muslims i suspect agree with me''. Please take on board everything i said. If i am unclear please quote all i say not part of.

Atomik
07-09--2006, 07:22 PM
Matthew..... if you're gonna come to a hippy, left-of-centre forum, you're gonna find lots of anti-Bush sentiment and humour. Deal with it. But please don't make an issue out of it in every lighthearted thread. There's plenty of serious threads where you can flog that dead horse discuss the issue at length.

matthew
07-09--2006, 07:25 PM
Matthew..... if you're gonna come to a hippy, left-of-centre forum, you're gonna find lots of anti-Bush sentiment and humour. Deal with it. But please don't make an issue out of it in every lighthearted thread. There's plenty of serious threads where you can flog that dead horse discuss the issue at length.

You are a bit late Stu...

''to choose a thread with a picture of sockmonkeys holding up a sign saying 'bad monkey' is maybe not your best bet for a serious discussionun''

hahahahha very true.. *climbs off high horse*...

I appreciated that point a long time ago.

Atomik
07-09--2006, 07:26 PM
Your a bit late Stu... You called me Stu. :o

:huglove:

matthew
07-09--2006, 07:30 PM
You called me Stu. :o

:huglove:

I don't like calling you Atomic.. when i'm pissed.

I was about to add:

Originally Posted by velvet

Trust me i am one of the most 'lightened' up person you will meet.

I was just wanting to know the reasoning.. i was a pompouse a hole for a reason.
I always see people laughing at 'satirical' humour.. the point about me 'not finding it funny' is true.. i just want to find what IS so supposedly funny about it... or what people found funny about it.

I find it offensive because of the naivety .. but hey ho.. thats just me.

now i think that is stressing my point a tad ..... :o

Badger
07-09--2006, 08:36 PM
http://freedomrider.blogspot.com/Bush_Meets_the_Pope_-_Funny_George_W.jpg

matthew
07-09--2006, 08:38 PM
http://freedomrider.blogspot.com/Bush_Meets_the_Pope_-_Funny_George_W.jpg

The last time i saw that was 2003... maybe 2004 .. don't quote me.

Badger
07-09--2006, 08:40 PM
The last time i saw that was 2003... maybe 2004 .. don't quote me.

I can`t quote you... :rolleyes: i wasn`t with you when you last saw it. :harhar:

matthew
07-09--2006, 08:46 PM
I can`t quote you... :rolleyes: i wasn`t with you when you last saw it. :harhar:
hahahaha mmm well don't quote the last quote .Apologies.. you may notice from my posts within this thread i dislike 'satirical' humour.

spektre
08-09--2006, 01:33 PM
Me and Sadam have got something in common, we wanted to see him beheaded and his head kicked down the street like a soocer ball!
impeached would be like a slap on the wrist i want him to suffer!

Atomik
08-09--2006, 01:36 PM
i want him to suffer!*sigh*

annaomerta
08-09--2006, 01:40 PM
we wanted to see him beheaded and his head kicked down the street like a soocer ball! Pacifism, anyone?

Atomik
08-09--2006, 01:40 PM
Pacifism, anyone?I'd settle for a lack of pointless revenge and bloodlust. :rolleyes:

annaomerta
08-09--2006, 01:43 PM
I'd settle for a lack of pointless revenge and bloodlust. :rolleyes: Agreed! Although the More4 assassination thing isnt going to help matters.

matthew
08-09--2006, 01:43 PM
Pacifism, anyone?

Me me.. but *sigh* ..... It takes two to have a pacifistic resolution.

matthew
08-09--2006, 01:44 PM
Agreed! Although the More4 assassination thing isnt going to help matters.

Why...?.. Though i don't think we should comment till we have watched it.

annaomerta
08-09--2006, 01:45 PM
It takes two to have a pacifistic resolution. It only takes one to stand up and change people's minds...

spektre
08-09--2006, 01:45 PM
sorry about that, just had to get it off my chest......
I totally dislike him, what can i say
It was a bit over the top, i apologise:o

I feel that Bush is a puppet president and seeing the sockmonkey's welll you can guess the rest!

annaomerta
08-09--2006, 01:47 PM
Why...?.. Though i don't think we should comment till we have watched it. Very true, hypothetically it would be interesting to see what they make of it - but there's enough real violence in the world without suggesting it.

matthew
08-09--2006, 01:48 PM
It was a bit over the top, i apologise:o

Why apologise for a strong opinion ?.. Personaly i just wabted you to explain your POV a bit more.

I feel that Bush is a puppet president and seeing the sockmonkey's welll you can guess the rest

No i have no idea what you really mean :whistle:

Atomik
08-09--2006, 01:49 PM
It was a bit over the top, i apologise:o No probs. He's annoying me quite a lot too, smug little bastard that he is.

matthew
08-09--2006, 01:55 PM
Very true, hypothetically it would be interesting to see what they make of it - but there's enough real violence in the world without suggesting it.

I agree.

I'd imagine two sides would rather not result in conflict.. even if it is only because of economic/power reasons. Saddam was not completly crazy.. he had advisors and the means to resolve this. He was just a stuborn bastard. I find the whole thing slightly neanderthal.. If 'the people' had a choice in these matters i don't think the world would be any more peaceful.. so we do need to let these wingnuts [otherwise known as diplomats] 'get on with it'.
'We' would end up depicted as hypocrites if we had let him stay in power... 'We' are now seen as 'warmongers' for 'takeing him out'... where we don't go in 'guns blazeing'.. like say Africa.. it is deemed we don't 'care' cuz there is no 'profit'. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

annaomerta
08-09--2006, 01:58 PM
'We' would end up depicted as hypocrites if we had let him stay in power... 'We' are now seen as 'warmongers' for 'takeing him out'... Or "we" could have waited another week for the second UN resolution...

spektre
08-09--2006, 02:05 PM
Well i guess i've been against bush from the get go and it doesn't stop with him i generally dislike the neo cons. There policies are so obslete in our "globalised" world.
Too me it seems that all they are interested in is scaring the public into voting for policies that are against freedom (eg:Patriot act). Take the cold war for instance alot of that war was propaganda and to some degree lies instigated by neo con's to subdue the public into voting for them.
Take the florida voting scandal for example that is how these people do politics and that is why i distrust them.
Sorry for being brief but i'm at work.

Bush is a puppet and the sockmonky's are puppets....... the puppets telling the puppet... ok so it was weak (hangs head in shame)

matthew
08-09--2006, 02:09 PM
Or "we" could have waited another week for the second UN resolution...

I think we were waiting a No. of YEARS.. A 'second' resolution is slightly untrue .. One thing we did not need one another it was more in line with about a 10th resolution.. even yes i know that was how it was articulated.

One more week would not have made a bit of difference.. Saddam would have just flim flammed for another week .. then another and another and another and another and another and another etc etc etc.

spektre
08-09--2006, 02:12 PM
Or "we" could have waited another week for the second UN resolution... theres no money in second resolutions.
plus the majority of contractors are American. says it all really?

We should be more involved in the african problem, what with genocide and all thats more important than a grudge that goes back to the iraq/iran war.

annaomerta
08-09--2006, 02:15 PM
Saddam would have just flim flammed for another week .. then another and another and another and another and another and another etc etc etc. Erm... flim flammed?! It went a bit more like
Allied : Stop it. We told you.
Saddam : Nah, I'm okay as it is cheers.
Allied : Are you trying to start a war?
Saddam : NO! Leave me alone. But if you bomb Iraq, I'll retaliate. Protecting my citizens, see? I'm not startin' nuffink.

matthew
08-09--2006, 02:15 PM
Well i guess i've been against bush from the get go and it doesn't stop with him i generally dislike the neo cons. There policies are so obslete in our "globalised" world.

[QUOTE]Too me it seems that all they are interested in is scaring the public into voting for policies that are against freedom (eg:Patriot act).

What part of the Patriot act do you not like [ '' all of it'' is no good :whistle: ]..

[i feel this thread being split soon]..

Take the cold war for instance alot of that war was propaganda and to some degree lies instigated by neo con's to subdue the public into voting for them.

I agree a lot was ''propaganda'' from the USSR to the Greenham common ladies.

Take the florida voting scandal for example that is how these people do politics and that is why i distrust them.

That was idiots not being able to vote properly...

Sorry for being brief but i'm at work.

No problem.... i'll whitter on for the both of us.. :wiggle:

Bush is a puppet and the sockmonky's are puppets....... the puppets telling the puppet... ok so it was weak (hangs head in shame)

;)