PDA

View Full Version : World News Who owns America

Coyote
04-09--2006, 03:32 PM
and lets face it, pretty much all the western world....

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=935607276

George Carlin on brilliant form :D

s0ck
04-09--2006, 04:27 PM
I was getting bored untill he started talking about , "the owners" keeping people dumb and obediant, cos thst one of my theories too.

the goverment make univerity so bloody expensive so people will be discouraged to go and the nation remains docile and easier to control.

Coyote
04-09--2006, 04:30 PM
I was getting bored untill he started talking about , "the owners" keeping people dumb and obediant, cos thst one of my theories too.

Mine too...

the goverment make univerity so bloody expensive so people will be discouraged to go and the nation remains docile and easier to control.

Looking at most of the people who graduated when I did.....I dont think university these days is much of a guaranteed source of "folks who can think" :(

TPTB want productive drones who will keep society so "they" can stay on their little "thrones" :rolleyes: They certainly dont want people who can both lucidly question, and see practical alternatives to, the current way of doing things.

schizomorph
04-09--2006, 04:45 PM
The problem here is that nobody can actualy be arsed to govern themselves and fight for their rights.

Coyote
04-09--2006, 04:50 PM
The problem here is that nobody can actualy be arsed to govern themselves and fight for their rights.

I'm more of the opinion that folks are actually spellbound (in the truest and the original sense of the term) so as being unable to think clearly and act.

Paul
04-09--2006, 11:13 PM
I bet all those people clapping and cheering will leave the theatre, head off for macdonalds and drive home in their big gas-guzzling cars.

They know it's true, but they've got their big stereo and satellite TV ... So why should they bother?

I think we have an apathy problem .. greedy bastards are only in power because we've allowed them to be.