PDA

View Full Version : World News It's gonna kick off, isn't it (see link)

aarghapanda
12-09--2006, 09:34 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5337458.stm

OO er.

Dapablo
12-09--2006, 09:47 AM
Think the americans are quite used to their embassies being attacked now, and that one would be well protected.

Bad news though, struggling to see any way out of this descending spiral.

Exedous
12-09--2006, 02:26 PM
Its time to unfurl those anti war banners, practise those anti war slogans.....aint nothing like a war to stir those leftys.....:harhar:

stuoolong
12-09--2006, 02:44 PM
It's gonna kick off,isn't it

I don't reckon it will kick off because of this specifically, but it will certainly tense itchy American trigger fingers.

krystingle
12-09--2006, 07:25 PM
Indeed the world is screwed and its only a matter of time before we destroy it and each other.... Humans as a species are quite vile if u think about it....

Exedous
12-09--2006, 07:35 PM
Indeed the world is screwed and its only a matter of time before we destroy it and each other.... Humans as a species are quite vile if u think about it....
Great isint it....war rocks....:harhar:

krystingle
12-09--2006, 10:26 PM
yeah totally! I wish i could be in the army....:thumbup:

Exedous
13-09--2006, 01:30 PM
yeah totally! I wish i could be in the army....:thumbup:
Maybe we can start our own army...reveloutionary army....go kill people...it'b grand...ye....arrrrr...:harhar:

matthew
13-09--2006, 03:15 PM
It is just a blip.

Think the americans are quite used to their embassies being attacked now, and that one would be well protected.

I was listening to the news. This particular embassy was not under the same level of protection as the majority of embassy. No blast wall or anything like that. ALL embassy will be of a certain level of protection in a few years. They just had not got too this one yet. Given its location.. i'd have thought it would have been on the top of the list.

But..it seems:

The host nation is responsible for providing protection to diplomatic
personnel and missions, as established by the 1961 Vienna Convention on
Diplomatic Relations.10 The convention states the host country should take
appropriate steps to protect missions, personnel, and their families,
including protecting the consular premises against any intrusion, damage,
or disturbances.
http://www.washingtonwatchdog.org/documents/gao/05/GAO-05-642.html

Whom are the americans supposed to be on the brink of war with anyway.. not the syrians it seems.

Thats a little pesimistic... but as one conflict ends another it seems starts. ... I don't think are vile.. just a min ority are.. wich descends us all into petty wars and the like. No consensus is ever going to be achied with all of 'man' kind so were stuck .. fighting wars and killing each other.

PlutoPete
13-09--2006, 05:10 PM
does anyone know when was the last time usa wasn't involved in an armed conflict? ! don't remember a single day of america at peace in my lifetime

matthew
13-09--2006, 05:55 PM
does anyone know when was the last time usa wasn't involved in an armed conflict? ! don't remember a single day of america at peace in my lifetime

You would prob' have to go back a hundred years. It is upto you to deciede wich 'war' or 'police action' was worth while.

Barefoot_Surfer
19-09--2006, 12:52 PM
Actually the last time America was not at war with anybody was at the start of WWII. They didn't want to get involved. That is until Japan made the declaration of war by bombing Pearl Harbour.

If it is going to kick off it won't be this that causes it. It would raise tension. Most attacks on the embassies would be thought about already and would be planed for. For a terrorist to have an impact and to cause something major to kick off they have to be creative and come up with the inconcevable. A 'black swan' if it were. Such events we have seen already. You have 9/11 and the July 7th Bombings. These were events that we could never see coming. These events would not happen again, because we have the hind sight to prevent such attacks.

These major scale events are nothing to get to worried about. The chances of them happening are so slim that you are more likely to get run over by a bus than die at the hands of a terrorist.

Matt