PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Creamy Curry

Dibdabs
13-09--2006, 08:18 PM
I was just making up the ingredients as I went along but it turned out really yummy so I thought I'd share.

Ingredients
Onion
Mushrooms
Madras curry paste
Tin of pinto beans
Green beans
Tinned tomato
Creamed coconut
Lemon juice

Method

Chop and fry the onion and a decent handful of mushrooms until softish
Stir in about half a desert spoon of madras curry paste and fry for a bit longer
Drain and wash pinto beans and stir in
Once onion and mushrooms are cooked add quater of the tin of tomatos and some water to make a bit of a sauce
Add a decent sized handful of green beans
Simmer until green beans are cooked (add more water if necessary)
Once cooked reduce heat and stir in creamed coconut to taste
Serve with rice and a little lemon juice squeezed over the topSorry if that was a bit vague hehe
Twas the first creamy meal I've eaten since turning vegan :D

Confuscari
13-09--2006, 08:34 PM
Wooow... I also reckon if it takes your fancy, chop up a pineapple ring into little bits and chuck that in as well :) i find it always adds a special edge to curries - that sounds delicious, i'm gonna make it :D

Starling
14-09--2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks, that sounds really good... think i'll give it a go one day! :)

Dibdabs
14-09--2006, 05:10 PM
Wooow... I also reckon if it takes your fancy, chop up a pineapple ring into little bits and chuck that in as well :) i find it always adds a special edge to curries - that sounds delicious, i'm gonna make it :D

:D yay, I'll try it with pinapple next time

little d
01-10--2006, 01:44 PM
The cool thing about curries is that you can put anything in them and make
them as hot or mild as you want! Try squeezing some lime juice in and add chopped corriander just before serving! You can also do this to your
rice it adds extra zing!
When cooking rice add some lemon juice as it draws out more of that fattening starch!

Narrowboat Sion
01-10--2006, 04:20 PM
And have you ever tried red rice or burmese black rice? They are both delicious with curries, even better than basmati rice for flavour. Only rarely see them, but a wholefood shop would probably order some in for you...;)

Opal
01-10--2006, 04:32 PM
And have you ever tried red rice or burmese black rice? They are both delicious with curries, even better than basmati rice for flavour. Only rarely see them, but a wholefood shop would probably order some in for you...;)

I love red rice with curry, we recently bought a steamer on sale which cooks the rice lovely and yummy...but I prefer fresh cous cous with my curries :)

Dibdabs
02-10--2006, 08:07 AM
I made a curry recently and served it with quinoa :D ...worked really well.