PDA

View Full Version : Burning of the Beast 31-10

Dapablo
30-10--2005, 12:59 PM
http://www.collifordlakepark.com/beast_burning.htm

TheFly
31-10--2005, 11:18 PM
Did you go?...

I went... managed to avoid getting fried by those fireworks hitting the crowd...

Apart from that, I thought it was quite enjoyable... was expecting a bit more stuff going on, but then I know compare everything with Beautiful Days so I'm setting up unfair expectations...

Fly...

TheFly
31-10--2005, 11:23 PM
Ah... here we go...

Stray fireworks injure children

At least five children were injured when strong winds blew two fireworks into a crowd at a "Burning of the Beast" festival in mid Cornwall.
More than 2,500 people were at the pagan and firework festival at Colliford Lake Park near Bodmin on Sunday night.
The children suffered minor burns, which were all treated by volunteer medics at the scene.
A wood sculpture of the Beast of Bodmin is set alight in an annual festival.
Organisers said the event, billed as an alternative to modern Halloween celebrations, aimed to revive traditions from Cornwall's pre-Christian past. The sculpture, created by local artist Robert Bradford, was burnt following the ancient Celtic custom of lighting bonfires to help the dead in their journey to the next world. Police said the event was well organised, with sufficient number of trained staff and security to deal with the incident.

Fly...

Dapablo
01-11--2005, 10:11 PM
Aye I did. Shannons birthday 31st so a busy weekend all round. Plenty of people though will have more stuff next year. They do a lot of music there as well, local lads down there in December, pobably go along.