PDA

View Full Version : World News Clinton sucking up to Blair?!!

Coyote
27-09--2006, 11:36 AM
Listening to his speach to the NewLab conference and not only is it less "charismatic" than tone but its also really piling on the "praise blair" on globalism and the values of globalism.

Setting Blairy up for future UN sec generalhood? :rolleyes:

scarlett
27-09--2006, 11:43 AM
setting blair up for a life of lucrative speaking tours and book deals more like;)

Coyote
27-09--2006, 11:52 AM
setting blair up for a life of lucrative speaking tours and book deals more like;)
Nah its definately a speech for Globalism; heard some more of it now and its explicitly pro-international-development and policing. And selling Blair as the paragon of it. :rolleyes:

Give it 5 years and he (Blair) will be head of UN or something very similar

scarlett
27-09--2006, 11:54 AM
time to send the signal to my home planet methinks:whistle:

matthew
27-09--2006, 12:31 PM
Coyote.. i think i asked how you see the world.. no reply. Though i have read over the last few days other post/thoughts of yours.. on just that.

I can't see or understand how Globalism is a bad thing.

I too saw Clintons speach.. it was a bit cold at the begining but as he went on, fair enough he became slightly mystical and almost spiritual on 'how the world should be'. I did agree with him though. How can equality through 'globalism' be a bad thing.

Blair going on to the UN [when he retires] can only be a good thing... :whistle:

Coyote
27-09--2006, 12:46 PM
Coyote.. i think i asked how you see the world.. no reply. Though i have read over the last few days other post/thoughts of yours.. on just that.

Trick is to ask me on the right thread :D :whistle: :harhar: and ber pretty specific on the question :D

I can't see or understand how Globalism is a bad thing.

It brings slavery to industrialism, destroying more more authentic living and replacing it with a manufactured, typically hyper-real, alternative..... :rolleyes:

How can equality through 'globalism' be a bad thing.

Blair going on to the UN [when he retires] can only be a good thing... :whistle:

How so?

matthew
27-09--2006, 12:59 PM
Trick is to ask me on the right thread :D :whistle: :harhar: and ber pretty specific on the question :D

I just like to slip things in when nobody is looking.. Sometimes i do put in the wrong place. I'll remember your advice. Thank you.

It brings slavery to industrialism,

Possibly for a short space of time..

destroying more more authentic living and replacing it with a manufactured, typically hyper-real, alternative..... :rolleyes:

It would be nice if we could survive as as nations or 'communities' [i suppose you would prefer] on ''authentic living'' ...what ever you consider that to be. We can't .

How so?

Well i'd hope he would continue to push for the end of poverty and access to education for all. I believe he would. I hope he does something along the lines of Bill clinton. How did he put it today mmm ''Working in the gap between goverment and people'' .

Atomik
27-09--2006, 01:02 PM
I just like to slip things in when nobody is looking.. Sometimes i do put in the wrong place. I'll remember your advice. Thank you.
And you wonder why you're single. :rolleyes:

matthew
27-09--2006, 01:04 PM
And you wonder why you're single. :rolleyes:

I know.. it never goes down well.:o

mithra
27-09--2006, 09:34 PM
I seriously doubt he'll ever get the Sec Genship of the UN, he's pissed off far too many people for that (in Europe just for starters).

I think Scarlettdee has it right; it's all for the speaking tours. And his proposed "College of Government".

And also just to emphasise how far he crawled up the arses of two successive US Presidents...

love
M

matthew
28-09--2006, 02:04 PM
I seriously doubt he'll ever get the Sec Genship of the UN, he's pissed off far too many people for that (in Europe just for starters).

Most people within the UN are 'grown up' and have 'moved on' . Their are atleast 30 countries that support 'us' .. i appreciate that differs in the middle east.. but even their the Iraqi/Afghan goverment 'support' us.

And also just to emphasise how far he crawled up the arses of two successive US Presidents...

You must have missed the confrence speach then.. ?.. Clinton was doing quite a decent job on Tony :whistle: