PDA

View Full Version : Festival Advice about Glastonbury please???

Rox
28-09--2006, 07:14 AM
Hi there,

I'm brand-new to this site so forgive me if I do things a little wrong...

Basically, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I would LOVE to go to Glastonbury next year. #1 ambition of all time. The unfortunate thing is I am 17 (coming 18) and still living with my parents who are quite against me going unless I go with a group of friends. None of my friends are interested in going, so I found a group of people online who are interested. My parents are also very against me going with people I met online (and I understand this). So I'm afrid I won't get to go at all!

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could get round this?

Any ideas very welcome!

Thank-you,

Rox.

Hannah
28-09--2006, 07:21 AM
if you are gunna be 18 then why does it matter? also if your parents have allready met some of the people you met online then they shouldnt be so worried about it.

Rox
28-09--2006, 07:22 AM
Oh no my parents haven't met the online people.

Hannah
28-09--2006, 07:24 AM
oh yeah i mean intorduce a few of them to your parents. first time i met people off here my mum was there :D then she realised they was all very lovely and now she lets me go off all places with these crazy people!

Rox
28-09--2006, 07:26 AM
Cool... must try it! ;)

sensamelia
28-09--2006, 07:26 AM
get to know some peeps here who are going then introduce them to your parents if all parties are willing
i know people would say your 18 so stuff it just go but i guess its how you view the whole respect issue
i have 4 kids over 18 and they still ask my advice
my 18 yr old lives at home she always asks if its ok to go somewere

Atomik
28-09--2006, 08:09 AM
oh yeah i mean intorduce a few of them to your parents. first time i met people off here my mum was there :D then she realised they was all very lovely and now she lets me go off all places with these crazy people!We've begged, we've offered money, we've even offered sexual favours.... but her mother just won't keep her at home! :D

scarlett
28-09--2006, 08:48 AM
i was 15 the first time i went to glastonbury...we went with my mates step mum...so...do you have any friends whose parents would go with you?
ahh memories...mother making us all stand outside the back door when we came back...she made us shower before we came into the house 'cos we were filthy:D

Roach
28-09--2006, 09:46 AM
If you'll be 18 by the time that Glasto comes around, then you'll legally be considered an adult and they won't be able to stop you. Tell 'um where to stick it and go anyway!

magicmonkey
28-09--2006, 11:28 AM
*shuffled on over to the events forums* :)

PlutoPete
28-09--2006, 12:50 PM
What if you got a stewarding job? stewards get secure camping, food and a ticket and you would be around other oxfam stewards - would that be acceptable to your mother?

Sarah
28-09--2006, 01:29 PM
Aye I was gonna say apply for litter picking crew - did that one year and it was a very straight and safe field with minimum weirdo's, warm showers and free yummy vegan grub if ya did ya shifts :D

Dready Warrior
28-09--2006, 05:25 PM
What if you got a stewarding job? stewards get secure camping, food and a ticket and you would be around other oxfam stewards - would that be acceptable to your mother?

yep i was gonna suggest this too as i'm an oxfam steward!

bear in mind though that tickets are like gold dust so you might not get one anyway. the stewarding places also go very quickly and priority is given to previous oxfam stewards. :)

puggy
28-09--2006, 09:10 PM
Hi there,

I'm brand-new to this site so forgive me if I do things a little wrong...

Basically, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I would LOVE to go to Glastonbury next year. #1 ambition of all time. The unfortunate thing is I am 17 (coming 18) and still living with my parents who are quite against me going unless I go with a group of friends. None of my friends are interested in going, so I found a group of people online who are interested. My parents are also very against me going with people I met online (and I understand this). So I'm afrid I won't get to go at all!

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could get round this?

Any ideas very welcome!

Thank-you,

Rox.

hiya rox, sorry to hear about your predicament. i've been to glasto 4 times, ( would have gone last year but couldnt get tickets ) and must say out of all the fests i've been to it has to be the safest and best organised of all the big fests.
even if you go on your own, set up camp, within an 'our you will be friends with all the people round you, sittin round camp fires and havin a good time.
goings not the hard thing, its just gitting the bloody tickets.
any way just show this to your mom and PUGGY SAYS IT'S OK!!:hippy:

Kat
29-09--2006, 07:26 AM
Why not meet these online people first and let your mum meet them to?

Rox
29-09--2006, 04:52 PM
Thanks for your help everyone. I have persuaded my parents to allow me to go; provided my dad comes with me!

sunflower
29-09--2006, 05:05 PM
i say tell her youve desided that glastonbury is a hippy filled drug learing shag pit of despear and youve relised that this would only hender your life rather than help.
then explian that youve found inlitnment in the good book and would rather go to a biblestudy the same week end wich just happens to be in glasterbury..............
see were im going with this ??!!!

Stealste
30-09--2006, 12:27 PM
i say tell her youve desided that glastonbury is a hippy filled drug learing shag pit of despear and youve relised that this would only hender your life rather than help.
then explian that youve found inlitnment in the good book and would rather go to a biblestudy the same week end wich just happens to be in glasterbury..............

You, sir, are a genious.

I'm sure her mother will NEVER suspect :whistle:

Rox
30-09--2006, 05:41 PM

ROFL! I'm sure she'd take it in, especially since I've been avoiding church for the past 6 years!