PDA

View Full Version : Veggie Rice:Stuffed Peppers

Lynvallen
30-10--2006, 04:58 AM
I was replying with this recipe in another community, to a question about ways to use rice, and i thought i'd share here as well.

one of my favourite and easiest rice dishes is stuffed peppers:

1, Take one large pepper (any colour, but green's my personal favourite) and slice in half and de-seed.

2, Place both halves on an oven tray and cook for about 20 minutes, or as long as it takes to reach 'cooked pepper' rather than 'fresh pepper' - a bit of experimentation is required here as i've found different ovens have different cook times.

3, Take a bowl of pre-cooked rice and mix in some spice (cajun is particulary nice), grated cheese, mixed seeds and 2 crushed vegge-sausages. - What you mix in at this stage is completely dependant on personal taste, but try and include something that'll add a bit of flavour and different textures, and experimentation is always fun!

4, Spoon your rice-mix into each pepper half and cook for further 15 minutes (ish).

5, Grate some more cheese over the top of each half and return to the oven for just long enough to crisp the cheese topping.

and... enjoy!

Let me know how it goes if you try it out; i learnt this straight from a friend so appologies if the recipe isnt too precise, i tend to go by 'feel' when cooking rather than following written recipee steps.

melyn
07-11--2006, 05:26 PM
Mmm ... I love stuffed peppers but havn't had 'em since I turned veggie ... Will give this one a go :)

Skye
07-11--2006, 06:15 PM
That sounds realy nice, will give it a go. Thanks.:D