View Poll Results: It's a proven fact that women in skirts are 43% more attractive.

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 63.64%
  • No

4 36.36%
  • Don't know

0 0%

Thread: Skirt

Skirt

Consider. Discuss. Vote.

Cheap and Cheerful Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Are we discussing whether the statement is true or whether we agree with the statement.

How did they prove it?

To me if a woman is attractive then I like skirts. Legs are cool ... But the percentage means nothing to me.

Unattractive women aren't attractive in skirts or out of them.
    Test signature

Scottish Hippy Metaller.
    It's a statistic, how many people did they ask anyway? And well im not a guy so, skirts are kinda boring, easy to pee in when ur drunk but other than boring.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't forget. 90% if statistics are made up by the people quoting them.

Hmm it's interesting this being posted today because i was at work yesterday (just me and three men) and the guys i was working with were being incredibly 'blokey'. Going on about girls in short skirts, making rude comments about girls we served, one commented that girls should wear skirts all the time (and then made the point that 'bigger' girls shouldn't). These are guys who i respect and usually appear intelligent, and i enjoy working with them.. but their comments offended me quite a lot, the way they spoke about women in such a way. Obviously men may or may not find skirts attractive on women, it's the way they spoke about it that bothered me. Perhaps it's normal for males when they get together to have some blokey banter or something. But then, i have a large group of male friends i'm regularly with and i've never heard them talk like that.
    i don't know where the sun beams end and the star light begins.. it's all a mystery

I think skirts are very feminine and attractive, but short skirts just play to some cheap male fantasy as far as I can see.

I think the kind of comments you refer to are pretty typical of a lot of men really. Despite the sexual revolution, women are still objectified in this society, and I think men are often still threatened by the idea of women being equal individuals. I dunno... I could rant all night about this one.

i hate skirts
    :angel: beware of all those angels with their wings glued on:angel:

Using the force baby... Perthite's Avatar
    i love it when becky wears skirts! but i guess they wouldn't be the same if she always wore them. mmmmmmm skirts
    Everything has changed.

I love my bus Moderator stardust's Avatar
    if a girl has a really flat tanned stomach she generally wears a short top to show it off. if a girl has really fit legs then why shouldn't she want to show them off? there's no big difference. legs are lovely!

i reakon it's not the skirt that makes a girl sexy, it's the legs.

of the 43% of guys that the dok made up, they just probably all happen to find legs attractive.

peace and love
    stardust
    xxx
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Using the force baby... Perthite's Avatar
    true, but yo can't see the legs unless she wears skirt. plus some skirts are sexier than others (and i'm not just talking length before anyone jumps on that.)
    Everything has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Atomik
    I think skirts are very feminine and attractive, but short skirts just play to some cheap male fantasy as far as I can see.

I think the kind of comments you refer to are pretty typical of a lot of men really. Despite the sexual revolution, women are still objectified in this society, and I think men are often still threatened by the idea of women being equal individuals. I dunno... I could rant all night about this one.
    I agree. I find long skirts really nice and sophisticated (maybe its just the kind of girls i know that wear them) and short skirts are generally tacky and horrible.

As to the men you work with, they are obviously daily-sport-reading neanderthals. I don't know any guys that chat like that and those I have heard, I generally find them classless (as in no class, not as in lower social standing or anything like that!)

Wild Woman of the woods stormypagan's Avatar
    I like men in skirts or sarongs ..... nice brown as a berry hippi men wandering around festivals hehehe!!

As for skirts on women, well 'tis up to the individual!! I think women can look good in both!! I used to wear hippi skirts, and sometimes smart ones for work for meetings etc.. But now most of the time I am a jeans/hippi trousers sorta gal!!! Can't be doing in a skirt in the middle of a muddy field being a country lass now

If I find a woman attractive I believe it is enhanced if she is wearing a skirt rather than trousers.

Staralfur, Groups of men discuss women and groups of women discuss men, but not when the opposite sex is around, its just plain bad mannered and rude, your workmates need a talking too.

Minni skirts were my signature item for years, but got wrong for wearing them to work by female manager.
    I love wearing skirts caus i love my legs, i HATE tights though.
    And as for trousers, well now ive got to wear them for work but outside work i like jeans but theyve gotta be roomy!
    I :heart: Everyone, Including Those Who Defy Me To Do So :hippylove

'tis up to the individual!!
    That's my feelings too. They certainly don't annoy me or represent exploitation. I sometimes feel sorry for the young girls who are obviously feeling the cold, but want to dress up sexy for their night out.

I'll be happy if society's expectations loosen up enough to enable me to wear a skirt in summer, quite a practical form of clothing when its hot, but seem to be regarded as a strange item for men to wear in the last couple of centuries.

Yes , I know I could just go ahead and wear one, but really I dislike people thinking I've got a statement to make about my sexuality by what I wear to be comfortable.

The Morrocan men will often wear a thin robe in summer, very practical in the heat, but seen as strange for others to wear in Europe, racism has many strange forms.

Handbags and shoulderbags too, whilst a little less of a flag to a redneck bull nowadays, are quite a practical idea that if used by men tend to lead to strange looks and assumptions. C'est la vie, such is culture.

In the seventies I used to often use a shoulderbag, if in 'indian style' it was assumed you were 'hippy' and not 'shemale weird'. Great - I could carry a decent size notebook, a camera & spare film, bottle of water etc.

Nowadays a small rucksack does the same job.

Cheap and Cheerful Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Atomik
    I think the kind of comments you refer to are pretty typical of a lot of men really. Despite the sexual revolution, women are still objectified in this society.
    But if you put a group of women together they can and do objectify men in much the same way.

I think the sexual revolution didn't quite have the expected effect.

Nowadays women have become a lot more predatory and men often feel quite disenfranchised and unsure what role they are supposed to be fulfilling.

I think that female sexuality is most definitely accepted more. But does this mean that women have become any more respected or men any less respected?
    Test signature

There's something in what you say, but women objectify far less than men. I imagine some of that difference is down to fundamental biology, while some of it is probably cultural.